PDA

View Full Version : woke up this morning

guyki
17th September 2011, 09:12
and saw my maganda asawa lying next to me, finally we're together in Blighty

KeithD
17th September 2011, 09:16
:Jump::Jump::Jump: .... good job it was your asawa and not the wrong one :omg: :D

stevie c
17th September 2011, 09:16
I know the feeling mate
the best feeling in the world :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
17th September 2011, 09:30
Very nice feeling, I bet you have a grin from ear to ear.

Arthur Little
17th September 2011, 17:35
"Woke Up This Mornin' Feelin' Fine" ... the opening words of a 1960s hit by the pop group Heman's Hermits :333: ... 'Somethin' Tells Me Ah'm Into Somethin' Good'.

O~ohh yeah ...

Arthur Little
17th September 2011, 17:38
... and saw my maganda asawa lying next to me, finally we're together in Blighty ...

... great feeling, innit!? ;)

stevewool
17th September 2011, 17:39
indeed we are all into somethin good, nearly 14 months on, i am still smilling:)

lastlid
17th September 2011, 18:48
Excellent. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I hope it will be the same for us on 2nd October.

Did it all go to plan with the flights etc?

RickyR
17th September 2011, 19:00
It will go well lastlid, you're determined.

lastlid
17th September 2011, 19:17
It will go well lastlid, you're determined.

Hi Ricky. What i was wondering about was getting through Phils Immigration on the way out of Manila. I read on the forum that it can be problematic - requirements for documentation and proof of enough cash - and my wife will be flying alone until I meet her in Amsterdam. Can you shed any light on this.... (I gather it is known as Immigration when it should be Emmigration)...as some folk have reported issues at this point and have even been unable to fly, despite having a ticket and visa and CFO sticker etc

RickyR
17th September 2011, 19:35
My missus has never experienced that, but I'd recommend having a letter from your self saying your sponsoring her with a photocopy of your passport and full itinerary details. There isn't a lot more else you could do than that. Problems tend occur more at Terminal 3 than they do at Terminal 1.

Terpe
17th September 2011, 19:36
Hi Ricky. What i was wondering about was getting through Phils Immigration on the way out of Manila. I read on the forum that it can be problematic - requirements for documentation and proof of enough cash - and my wife will be flying alone until I meet her in Amsterdam. Can you shed any light on this.... (I gather it is known as Immigration when it should be Emmigration)...as some folk have reported issues at this point and have even been unable to fly, despite having a ticket and visa and CFO sticker etc

I certainly hope all will be well. Don't worry about that.
I don't ever recall anyone with a settlement visa and supporting docs having any issues.
I know of a couple of tourist visa holders with problems that's all.

Terpe
17th September 2011, 19:38

Join the club of very lucky folks :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Now you know why we all walk around with that silly smile on our faces.:D
Happy days gyuki :)

lastlid
17th September 2011, 19:42
I don't ever recall anyone with a settlement visa and supporting docs having any issues. I know of a couple of tourist visa holders with problems that's all.

Ah. I see. Good. Thanks. What do you class as supporting docs?

lastlid
17th September 2011, 19:50
Problems tend occur more at Terminal 3 than they do at Terminal 1.

OK. Thanks. My wife will be flying KLM so that is Terminal 1, I believe?

So who flys from terminal 3?

RickyR
17th September 2011, 20:06
Yeah thats Terminal 1, so it should be fine. Low Cost Airlines fly from Terminal 3, although Scheduled Airlines have commenced transferring across there (namely ANA).

lastlid
17th September 2011, 20:47
Sorry for hijacking your thread Guyki.....am wanting to be in the same position as you in a few weeks...:)

lastlid
17th September 2011, 23:07
I certainly hope all will be well. Don't worry about that.
I don't ever recall anyone with a settlement visa and supporting docs having any issues.
I know of a couple of tourist visa holders with problems that's all.

Good. I had a look back through this recent thread..... "Refused at manila airport" and having seen it for the second time it would seem that tourist visa holders are indeed at risk or have been so. Thank the :censored: for that.....

grahamw48
17th September 2011, 23:56
Settlement visa = TOP visa.

No problems. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
18th September 2011, 05:44
..... it would seem that tourist visa holders are indeed at risk or have been so. Thank the :censored: for that.....

Apologies here as I didnt mean thank :censored: that those with tourist visas are at risk, I meant thank :censored: that those on Spouse visas are less at risk....:doh

guyki
18th September 2011, 13:37
Sorry for hijacking your thread Guyki.....am wanting to be in the same position as you in a few weeks...:)

Dont worry about it mate,TBH it was a breeze getting through Phills immigration only night mare was the seminars & getting the CFO sticker I must say there's so much red tape in Phils its unreal

Lastlid all the best mate has your good lady got her visa granted yet? if not I'm sure it will be only a matter of time before you're celebrating :Hellooo::Hellooo:

lastlid
18th September 2011, 14:26
[FONT="Century Gothic"]
Lastlid all the best mate has your good lady got her visa granted yet?

Yep she got it a few days ago......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
18th September 2011, 21:49
[FONT="Century Gothic"]Dont worry about it mate,TBH it was a breeze getting through Phills immigration .......

Sounds good.....how did you get on with Travel Tax? Did your wife have to pay the 1620 aswell as the 750 and if so where did you pay it? Any tips would be appreciated.

scott&ligaya
20th September 2011, 10:43
Hi Guyki, welcome to Birmingham to your honey:Jump::Jump::Jump:, i will drop you a PM with Ligaya`s mobile, when you are back at work and your mahal is on her own ask to her give her a bell, perhaps we could all meet up some weekend soon

scott&ligaya
22nd September 2011, 06:56
Hi there Guyki , you are not set up to receive Private messages, can you change that mate

tone
22nd September 2011, 08:25
Hey Guyki
Sounds like everything has fitted into place nicely.
The sense of warmth, security and sheer happiness is great when I wake up and see my asawa!
We should arrange a get together as Scott mentioned I'd be happy to come up to Birmingham sometime but things are a bit crazy for us with wedding plans etc.. But I think we should try..

Lastlid - Rina came through with copies of the sponsorship letter, copy of my passport photo page. Her chest xray, CFO docs and passport. She also carried list of addresses and phone numbers and finally I wrote a short letter for the uk immigration explaining I was waiting for her and listing my numbers in case they needed to call and verify.

She came through with no issues at all. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hope this helps mate.

Tone

lastlid
22nd September 2011, 12:06
Lastlid - Rina came through with copies of the sponsorship letter, copy of my passport photo page. Her chest xray, CFO docs and passport. She also carried list of addresses and phone numbers and finally I wrote a short letter for the uk immigration explaining I was waiting for her and listing my numbers in case they needed to call and verify.

She came through with no issues at all. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hope this helps mate.

Tone

Yes. Definitely. Thanks. Puts my mind at ease a bit more. Cheers.

Neu75
24th September 2011, 21:45

Good for you guyki :D