PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

lastlid
16th September 2011, 08:52
Just to say that my wife received her Spouse visa by courier today, 15 days after she lodged her application. :):):)

It is dated 14th September which is the date we specified in our application.

I want to thank the forum, past and present as it has been such a fantastic source of information for us.

Just one thing....why we didnt get an email saying the visa had been dispatched I do not know, we just got one saying the application had been dispatched.....

febmary
16th September 2011, 08:57
HI Lastid,

Congratulations!Time to celebrate! This is a good news, this will be a big relief after waiting.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

sexyvictoria
16th September 2011, 09:02
congrats! :) I will going to apply my fiance visa soon after i got my test result.

Terpe
16th September 2011, 09:11
Just to say that my wife received her Spouse visa by courier today, 15 days after she lodged her application. :):):)

I want to thank the forum, past and present as it has been such a fantastic source of information for us.

Just one thing....why we didnt get an email saying the visa had been dispatched I do not know, we just got one saying the application had been dispatched.....

Many congratulations to you both :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Happy days ahead :Jump:

lastlid
16th September 2011, 09:50
Thanks Terpe / Febmary / Victoria.

What a relief. Hardly any sleep last night waiting for the courier.

WOW

Englishman2010
16th September 2011, 10:07
Congratulations and good luck with your future plans:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
16th September 2011, 10:11
fantastic so happy for you both :Jump:

lastlid
16th September 2011, 10:27
Thanks guys and girls.

Such a great forum. I wish I had stumbled across it sooner as I joined it quite late in our progression, after our marriage in June.

grahamw48
16th September 2011, 10:38
Many congratulations to you both. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sexyvictoria
16th September 2011, 11:19
did you had P60 in your application?

lastlid
16th September 2011, 11:25
did you had P60 in your application?
No. I didnt submit a P60 but I submitted 7 consecutive payslips. And the payslip for March 2011 had my total income and total tax for the year on it - same figures that are on a P60. I also submitted a letter from my employer to say I was employed with them full time.

sexyvictoria
16th September 2011, 11:31
how about your bank statement..my fiance doesn't have savings in his savings account..but he puts every week money around 100pounds+ before he sends it to me. Do you think it will do? thanks:)

GraceAdam
16th September 2011, 11:34
congratulations lastlid..

all your sacrifices paid off.. ;)
I'm soooo happy for you and your wife.. you will no longer be apart.. yahoooooo :Hellooo:

Grace

lastlid
16th September 2011, 11:36
how about your bank statement..my fiance doesn't have savings in his savings account..but he puts every week money around 100pounds+ before he sends it to me. Do you think it will do? thanks:)

To be honest, victoria I am still not certain about that side of the application. I found the income and expenditure part quite difficult to understand and was the source of nagging doubt after my wife submitted the application.

What we did do was submit 6 months of bank statements and at no time was I overdrawn. I had some savings which I also submitted as part of the application.

Sorry I cant help you on that question too readily. Terpe posted a good one on that topic a few days ago but the whole thing is quite complicated.

lastlid
16th September 2011, 11:37
congratulations lastlid..

all your sacrifices paid off.. ;)
I'm soooo happy for you and your wife.. you will no longer be apart.. yahoooooo :Hellooo:

Grace

Thankyou. How is your application progressing? English test done?

Arthur Little
16th September 2011, 11:57

:BouncyHappy: ... Congratulations, BOTH ...

... that's good timing! :xxgrinning--00xx3: I remember MY wife received hers a mere 3 days after I'd returned home - too late, unfortunately, for her to travel WITH me. :bigcry:

:) It's OUR pleasure ... that's what we're here for! We hope you'll remain in touch.

:anerikke: ... one of life's mysteries, I guess!

lastlid
16th September 2011, 12:08
Thanks Arthur. And may I say that you make posting a real art-form!

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Thanks for the advice.

Arthur Little
16th September 2011, 12:24
Thanks Arthur. And may I say that you make posting a real art-form

:laugher: ... an art(hur) form, eh? Thank you; nice of you to say so.

raynaputi
16th September 2011, 12:39
congrats lastlid! :Jump:

GraceAdam
16th September 2011, 13:06
You're welcome lastlid :)

yes, I'm done with my english exam but I'm still waiting for the result ;) and this month my fiancee will be coming here to be with me in Manila during my appointment soon :) so Hope all is well :) Thank you so much! xx

again, Congratulations! :)

lastlid
16th September 2011, 13:28
You're welcome lastlid :)
... and this month my fiancee will be coming here to be with me in Manila during my appointment soon

Ah Right. I have used up all of my annual leave so I cant really visit Phils again this year.
Good luck with the english test. I imagine you found it easy.

purple
16th September 2011, 15:25

As long as the money is in his account and not going anywhere, that should meet the ECO's decision. If nothing is in the bank, nor anything that could show that he can support your stay here without recourse to public funds. He can submit a form of file that shows his expenditure and income which should have enough funds remaining (106 pounds/weekly) to support you.

In short, visa settlement application is like digging every detail (financial and personal) about the sponsor and applicant. The best you and your fiance can do is prepare the necessary documents that the ECO needs to look into.

ann_barnett
16th September 2011, 15:44
wow congrats to both of you.. another success story of spouse visa application... bravo!

CAT
16th September 2011, 20:23
I did say Goodluck! few days ago and now CONGRATS!!!:Jump:

marikistin
17th September 2011, 04:32
congrats!!! you will finally be together :)

lastlid
17th September 2011, 06:15
Thankyou Ann and Mari and Cat.

Yes finally together. Amazing. We are planning on October 1st.

andy222
17th September 2011, 07:13
Brilliant mate pleased for you.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

rusty
17th September 2011, 08:24
Congratulations, :Jump: all the best for your future together :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
17th September 2011, 16:11
Brilliant mate pleased for you.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks. Good luck with Teresa May! I am wondering if the new regs, when they come in, will affect our ILR.....

lastlid
17th September 2011, 18:24
I have been asked to share my experience with the forum. Here goes Aiden....

1] Met a filipina in March and got married to her in June. made two trips to see her in Phils, one in April and one in June. Kept receipts and took photos of us and her family.

2] Took local CNI to embassy in June and exchanged for local CNI. Married on June 14th with contract on 24th June.

3] Joined forum late, in July

4] Wife took TOEIC English test in Manila in July and passed the minimum A1 requirement.

5] Received Marriage Certificate in late July.

6] Compiled paperwork for Spouse Visa and wife visited CFO for her seminar requirement.

8] Submitted Visa application through VIP Lounge option on 2nd September.

9] Spouse visa arrived by courier to my wife on 15th September.

Observations...some of the things that we did and didnt submit...rough summery:

a] Only submitted ordinary photocopy of my passport but submitted my original copy of my bith certificate.

b] Didnt submit P60 but did submit 7 months payslips and 6 months bank statements plus letter from employer.

c] Submitted a lot of receipts for various costs in Phils....wedding cake...wedding ceremony. wedding reception receipts..internal flights aswell as flights to and from Phils.....hotel receipts etc etc and moneygram receipts

d] Samples of emails, Yahoo Messenger (one per week) and Skype logs and 1 recent itemised phone log / bill

e] 46 photos of myself and wife together with and without her friends and relatives spanning two visits to Phils

f] A 2 page summary of our time together, places we visited etc.

g] Landlord Letter and tenancy agreement

h] Things we didnt submit included my cv, my degree certificate, her degree certificate, notarised copy of my passport.

grahamw48
17th September 2011, 23:06
I'm sure that will be really helpful. Thanks. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You don't muck about do you. :icon_lol:

lastlid
17th September 2011, 23:12
You don't muck about do you. :icon_lol:

With a fair degree of luck, I found the right gal.....not like my first marriage at all.

Happy Birthday by the way......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
17th September 2011, 23:27
Thanks, and I hope you and your lady have a great future ahead of you. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Lady_Ivy
19th September 2011, 16:06

Congratulations Lastlid...I received an email today saying

Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. Applicants in Australia and New Zealand should allow 3 days before tracking their documents via the local post. UKBA-Manila Visa Hub

Does this mean my visa has been granted??? I am just waiting for the courier..Weeee..D

lastlid
19th September 2011, 18:38
Does this mean my visa has been granted??? I am just waiting for the courier..Weeee..D

It certainly seems like you have got it.....Weeeeeee........

andy222
19th September 2011, 19:14
Great guidlines in your report mate. I really wish you all the best and have a great life together. Seems like you were in the right place at the right time. No news from Theresa May yet by the way.

RickyR
19th September 2011, 19:57
Hi Lastlid, thats great that you posted the information. Just out of curiosity, to get the NSO Marriage Certificate back so quickly did you do any extra pushing and prodding?

Dedworth
19th September 2011, 20:03
No news from Theresa May yet by the way.

If what you've contacted her about is immigration or UKBA there's a chance it will be passed to Damian Green - Immigration Minister

lastlid
19th September 2011, 21:50
Hi Lastlid, thats great that you posted the information. Just out of curiosity, to get the NSO Marriage Certificate back so quickly did you do any extra pushing and prodding?

Well, the wedding was dealt with by my wife and I never really did understand quite what was going on!!!! But one thing she said was that it only took a month as it was a Civil Wedding and it would have been longer if it had been a church wedding. One or two people on here have said the same thing....so that must be the reason why it only took a month.

steve monty
19th September 2011, 22:02
Well, the wedding was dealt with by my wife and I never really did understand quite what was going on!!!! But one thing she said was that it only took a month as it was a Civil Wedding and it would have been longer if it had been a church wedding. One or two people on here have said the same thing....so that must be the reason why it only took a month.

Lastlid, I can vouch for the fact that getting a marriage certificate when having a church wedding takes longer. We got married in December and didn't get our marriage contract till May. From what i gather from the wife at the time the Church hold on to the contract for 2 months before releasing to the local Civil Registrar who then forward to the NSO. The only time you can really quicken up this process is to follow up at the civil registrar and ask for rush processing. There is no way of quickening up the Church part, I think it Mandatory 2 month wait.

Dedworth
19th September 2011, 22:05
Lastlid, I can vouch for the fact that getting a marriage certificate when having a church wedding takes longer. We got married in December and didn't get our marriage contract till May. From what i gather from the wife at the time the Church hold on to the contract for 2 months before releasing to the local Civil Registrar who then forward to the NSO. The only time you can really quicken up this process is to follow up at the civil registrar and ask for rush processing. There is no way of quickening up the Church part, I think it Mandatory 2 month wait.

Wouldn't greasing the priests palm/contributing to Church funds speed matters up ?:)

steve monty
19th September 2011, 22:15
Wouldn't greasing the priests palm/contributing to Church funds speed matters up ?:)

Maybe Dedworth, but I did enough of that before the marriage. Paying the local church so we could marry in a different church, the pre cana, etc. It was an outlay I didn't expect.

Lastlid, sorry I thought i had replied before to your thread to offer congratulations, just noticed I hadn't. Belated congratulations to you!! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

YorkshirePuddin
26th September 2011, 14:02
Last Lid I am so pleased for you mate! Well done! Great news! :)

Thanks again for your help with questions and being a top poster on this forum! :icon_sorry:
Ours went in on 23rd September via VIP lounge! Heres hoping...

lastlid
26th September 2011, 14:05
Last Lid I am so pleased for you mate! Well done! Great news! :)

Thanks again for your help with questions and being a top poster on this forum! :icon_sorry:
Ours went in on 23rd September via VIP lounge! Heres hoping...
Thanks.
Right. Well there has been a few processed over the last few weeks and they have been processed in anything between 2 days and 2 weeks. So be warned....:) And good luck.

sexyvictoria
12th November 2011, 01:08
Hi lastlid :Hellooo: Can you check my fiance visa requirements if there is missing.. :icon_sorry: I'm really worried.

IDENTIFICATION

APPLICANT’S SPONSOR’S

• PASSPORT • COLORED COPY OF PASSPORT
• NSO BIRTH CERTIFICATE • ORIGINAL COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE
• CENOMAR • CNI
• NBI CLEARANCE • LETTER OF SUPPORT
• ENGLISH TEST CERTIFICATE
• TUBERCULOSIS CERTIFICATE & CHEST X-RAY
• SETTLEMENT ( VAF4A DEC 2008 ) FORM

EVIDENCE OF ACCOMMODATION

• LETTER FROM THE LANDLORD
• CONTRACT OF LEASE
• PROPERTY DETAILS
• PICTURES OF THE HOUSE
• RECEIPTS OF THE PAYMENTS
• BILLING STATEMENTS

EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL CAPACITY

• LETTERS FROM HIS 2 EMPLOYERS
• CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT
• PAYSLIPS / INVOICES
• BANK STATEMENTS ( 4 months in & out money with 700pounds savings )
• WESTERN UNION & MONEYGRAM RECEIPTS

EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP

• CHIRSTMAS CARDS & PICTURES OF GIFTS
• BIRTDAY CARDS
• VALENTINE’ S CARDS & PICTURES OF GIFTS
• FLOWERS RECEIPT & PICTURES
• SKYPE SCREENSHOTS PICTURES
• SKYPE CHATLOGS
• SKYPE CALL RECEIPTS
• YAHOO SCREENSHOTS PICTURES
• YAHOO CHATLOGS
• FACEBOOK SCREENSHOTS PICTURES
• FACEBOOK CHATLOGS
• WESTERN UNION & MONEYGRAM RECEIPTS
• MY APARTMENT PICTURES THAT HE GOT FOR ME
• MY APARTMENT CONTRACT OF LEASE
• MY APARTMENT RECEIPTS

EVIDENCE OF ENCOUNTER
• E-TICKETS • AIRPORT LUGGAGE I.D STICKER TAGS
• TRAVEL AGENT RECEIPTS • TRAIN & BUS TICKETS
• TRAVELERS CHEQUES • HOTEL RECEIPT
• TRAVELERS CHEQUES RECEIPTS • RECEIPTS ( RESTAURANTS, CINEMA AND SUPERMARKET )
• BOARDING PASSES • PHOTOS
• DEPARTURE CARDS • POEMS & LETTERS
• USED PHONE CARD

OUR WEDDING IN UK

• PROVISIONAL BOOKING FROM THE LOCAL REGISTRAR
• WEDDING LUNCH BOOKING
• OUR WEDDING INVITATIONS
• PICTURE OF OUR WEDDING RINGS
• PICTURES OF THE DRESS & SHOES FOR OUR WEDDING

CO-SPONSOR’S

• LETTER OF SUPPORT
• BITH CERTIFICATE
• BANK STATEMENTS
• P60
• CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

• LETTER FROM APPLICANT’S PARENTS
• LETTER FROM SPONSOR’S MOTHER
• BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF SPONSOR’S MOTHER
• LETTER FROM MY EMPLOYER ( there's a waiting job interview for me on the company where my fiance works too )

Thanks lastlid :)

Maja
29th November 2011, 13:15
Congrats to you Lastlid and to your wife!

IOM <-- Isle of Man right? :) My fiancee is from IOM as well. :) I lodged my application 7th of November and its our 4th week of waiting for the result now. So happy and nervous/worried. Hehe

Congrats again and God bless! :)

GraceAdam
29th November 2011, 13:39

IOM <-- Isle of Man right? :) My fiancee is from IOM as well. :) I lodged my application 7th of November and its our 4th week of waiting for the result now. So happy and nervous/worried. Hehe

Hello sis! :)

Glad to see you here again ehehe :)
wahhhhh we're on the same page! PATIENTLY WAITING! so hopefully this week we can have a good news :)

God bless us!

BTW, Congratulations lastlid! :) xxx

lastlid
29th November 2011, 13:54

Yes. Isle of Man. It takes an extra few days at it has to go to IOM Immigration before being returned to Manila.

lastlid
29th November 2011, 13:56
They seem to be taking a bit longer just now. A friend of my wifes has taken 3 weeks also. For some reason they were going through a lot quicker back in September / October.

Maja
29th November 2011, 14:01
Hello sis! :)

Glad to see you here again ehehe :)
wahhhhh we're on the same page! PATIENTLY WAITING! so hopefully this week we can have a good news :)

God bless us!

BTW, Congratulations lastlid! :) xxx

Hi sis! Yeeeeepey! Finally saw you here. :) Indeed, PATIENTLY WAITING. Yes, hopefully we receive good news this week sis! :)

mjwoz
29th November 2011, 14:14
congratulations:)

chieldave
30th November 2011, 12:32
hello Laslid..
First thing,pardon me if i'm confused if who is laslid and Aiden...
2nd thing congratulations for both of you,though my greetings is bit late already..
3rd thing,just humbly needed your info...were u had any problems about wife's employment,or what i mean is does wife being asked by embassy about her living while she was here in Philippines,like did embassy ask her work in here or shown an evidence like payslip thingy that she's been at work for recent months before your marriage.or Will it be matter that wife's will show evidence of her employment record in Philippines?,,,just bit confused with it...
hope to hear any responds...thank you advance
P.S.(spousal visa process)

lastlid
30th November 2011, 12:42
Hello
In our case my wife did not work in Phils. So we just said exactly that. For those who's wifes do work in the Phils etc, my understanding is that the ECO's focus is on the sponsor's financial circumstances in the main. And therefore is not so interested in the applicants financial circumstances.

grahamw48
30th November 2011, 12:47
I agree....as long as she's not just finishing a sentence for murder or armed robbery. :D

chieldave
1st December 2011, 10:33
Hello
In our case my wife did not work in Phils. So we just said exactly that. For those who's wifes do work in the Phils etc, my understanding is that the ECO's focus is on the sponsor's financial circumstances in the main. And therefore is not so interested in the applicants financial circumstances.

thanks for reply...appreciated much:)

chieldave
1st December 2011, 10:36
I agree....as long as she's not just finishing a sentence for murder or armed robbery. :D

thanks for second the motion graham:xxgrinning--00xx3: