PDA

View Full Version : Lufthansa sale to Asia

Englishman2010
15th September 2011, 19:35
Just had an e-mail from them saying they are having a sale to some Asian destinations for travel next Jan and Feb. £399 to Beijing and £439 to Honkers from 4 or 5 UK airports via Frankfurt or Munich:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Could be a cheap way to the Phils if you can get a promo with PAL or Cebu Pac, plus you get a stopover in China or HK.
I got a flight to Singapore next March for £430 from Brum in their last sale:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
15th September 2011, 20:31
Nice one :xxgrinning--00xx3: I flew with the Luftwaffe some years ago to KL on one of those 747 freight/passenger combi's, not too many passengers meant great service and plenty of reinheitsgebot beer for me to guzzle

Englishman2010
15th September 2011, 20:44
Nice one :xxgrinning--00xx3: I flew with the Luftwaffe some years ago to KL on one of those 747 freight/passenger combi's, not too many passengers meant great service and plenty of reinheitsgebot beer for me to guzzle

Can Joe Public access those flights, or do you have to be in the know? Are they cheap?

Dedworth
15th September 2011, 20:48
Can Joe Public access those flights, or do you have to be in the know? Are they cheap?

I wish it was cheap ! I think at the time it was a half decent price but yep it was on sale to JP from memory it was 30 - 50% full of freight and I think it stopped in Bangkok

This is probably the layout

http://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/prepare_for_travel/on_board/seating_plans/747-400Combi.htm

Englishman2010
15th September 2011, 20:51
I hope they gave you a seat upstairs:xxgrinning--00xx3:

.....or did they put you in the hold:icon_lol:

Dedworth
15th September 2011, 20:52
I hope they gave you a seat upstairs:xxgrinning--00xx3:

.....or did they put you in the hold:icon_lol:

I was at the back near the freight :D cos I remember looking out of the wiindow and seeing it being loaded through a huge side door just behind me

imagine
15th September 2011, 22:02
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/

anyone familier with tripadvisor, they quote from aberdeen to manila £562, which is realy cheap from aberdeen,,,Amsterdam-Schiphol ,,,, manila

Englishman2010
16th September 2011, 06:32
Trip adviser are an online review and search service, I use them all the time to check out hotels:xxgrinning--00xx3: If they've searched flights, they will refer you to an on line booking provider. Price could be about right for KLM, depending on the dates:xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
16th September 2011, 09:35
Lufthansa is a very good airline, and would be a good option. But do remember that you have no fall back if your miss a connection with a Cebu Pacific/PAL seperate ticket.
From London-Manila you can find tickets in the £400 to £500 range fairly easily, but not always with a decent airline.

Englishman2010
16th September 2011, 10:13
Lufthansa is a very good airline, and would be a good option. But do you remember that you ave no fall back if your miss a connection with a Cebu Pacific/PAL seperate ticket.
From London-Manila you can find tickets in the £400 to £500 range fairly easily, but not always with a decent airline.

That's a good point Ricky, but when I book a long haul flight to HK or SG rather than Manila I always allow myself a day or two in that city to allow for any delays or cancellations of regional flights to Manila or elsewhere, plus it's a nice opportunity to have a stopover and do some sight seeing. I find HK and SG far too expensive for a week or 2 week stay (especially good hotels:omg:), but they are OK for a couple of nights either side of a long flight:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
16th September 2011, 10:59
Trip adviser are an online review and search service, I use them all the time to check out hotels:xxgrinning--00xx3: If they've searched flights, they will refer you to an on line booking provider. Price could be about right for KLM, depending on the dates:xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
16th September 2011, 11:29
I've done the same Englishman. About 4 years ago I managed to get a £299 return ticket to Hong Kong with Finnair several times, and then used Cebu Pacific onwards.

Englishman2010
16th September 2011, 13:07
I wish they had some of those deals on offer now Ricky:xxgrinning--00xx3: Although I try to fly from Birmingham if I can, but it has a limited choice of long haul providers (KLM, Air France, Emirates and Lufthansa - I think:Erm:) so anything around £400 - £500 to Asia is a good deal).
To make it worth my while flying from Heathrow (extra journey time, parking charges, hotels, cost of fuel or taxi's...etc) flights need to be at least £150 cheaper than from BHX