PDA

View Full Version : Family Visit Visa -Need Help Thanks

Aljim
9th September 2011, 10:58
hi! Everyone,:Wave:

I'm planning to visit my my relatives in UK they will send me an invitation letter and all the required documents that i needed for the application. my untie is married to a British National they have a child, my cousin. my uncle has a nice job they have their own house and they are happy living together and they invited me to spend my Christmas and New year with them. that's why they' will send me an invitation letter. I'll stay there for a month i do hope that i can go there on December.
these are my question.

My uncle said that he will scan and send it through email all the documents and I'll print it out this will be my invitation letter.
1. is scanned documents can be use as my requirements? or i have to ask them to send it through mail.

I'm unemployed my mom is supporting me she has a business in other country and i get a monthly allowance from her.
2. is being unemployed will affect my application.

I don't have a business, I've finished college, i"m 23 yrs old, i have a bank account and check account. i have my own car, I'll pay for my own ticket but all the expenses and accommodation is sponsor by my uncle but still I'll bring a pocket money.
3. how much money do i need for my bank accounts. since this is one of the requirements.

Since my parent is in abroad I'm looking after to my four siblings since I'm the eldest. my sister is currently working and my other three sisters are still studying and my youngest brother is with my parent in abroad.
4. Is this a good reason to prove that i don't have a plan to over stay since I'm the guardian of my siblings and if they will give me a visa I'll ask one my untie to look after them just for one month. I just really want to spend a holiday in UK.

Since I'm planning to visit them on December.
5. What date do you think should i start my application. and how long is the process.

6. Can you please tell me the step by step process on how to apply so that i can start as early as possible.

7. Do you think they can give me a visa?

i tell you all this things because i want you to know my situation so that you can give me a good advice. when i start the process of my application I'll keep you posted i just really need your help. :D
thank you so much.:)

joebloggs
9th September 2011, 13:30
Terpe :icon_sorry:

i'm errr busy at the mo, doing you know what :D ....:Bolt: :xxparty-smiley-004:

Terpe
9th September 2011, 19:41
Hi there Aljim, welcome to the forum.

As a Family Visitor you will need to provide originals for the sponsorship letter and for the bank statements.
The rest can be copies or scanned evidence.

Please take a look at the relevant UKBA webpage here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/family/requirements

also guidance notes on supporting documents here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/out-of-country/documents-visitors.pdf

Visitor visa's are somewhat tricky. This is because the ECO has a lot of discretion in what to accept and what to reject.
The positives are of course that the visitor visa is not overly expensive and if visiting family will be eligible for appeal in cases of refusal.

If you review the links provided you will see that your sponsors will need to provide a sponsorship/invitation letter.
This should clearly state the relationship to you, that they will be accommodating you,fully supporting and maintaining you for the duration of your stay and covering the cost of all transportation etc.
Your sponsors need to provide copies of the photo page of their passport, also 3-6 months bank statements (current and savings) to prove that they have sufficient funds
for the duration of your visit. These must be original copies. I advise they also supply 3-6month payslips and include copies of birth certificates.
I indicate 3-6months as it depends on the financial standing of the sponsor. If their income is considered marginal then 6 months is needed, if their income is average for UK then 3 months would be OK.
Personally I would suggest 6 months, simply because this visa is not easy. A lot of help and evidence is much better.

The letter should also give some indication of why the visit is being made at this time (rather than any othertime).
Again personally I would suggest making some comment as to how very close they are to you and even maybe something like your Auntie looked after you et etc.

You need to make as strong a case as you possible can.

I have to be frank with you that one of the key issue that the UKBA will be looking for is some very strong and compelling reason for you to return back to the Philippines.
Your own case is not that strong, so you need to make as much as you can from your sponsors.
Your sponsors cannot give any assurances that they will take any responsibility for that.
The negatives in you case is that you have no employment and no other really strong reason to return. Please try to think of some if you can. Property, dependents, just anything you can.

The amount of money needed for a family visit is quite different to that of tourist visa, and actually quite a bit less.
I cannot give any actual amount and indeed the UKBA do not specify any amount. The ECO will simply make a judgement based on the evidence provided by the
bank statements of the sponsors. They will need to show enough to pay for all the things they say such as air tickets for you and sufficient disposable income or savings for the time you are there. The ECO will need to be comfortable that any emergency can be covered. If you want to force me into saying a number I would say for the one month you are there they should show savings of around £700 and a disposable income each week of around £80-£100.

I wish you the very best of luck.
I have completed 2 family visit visa's during the past 3 years, one for 3 weeks and another for two months. (current with a return of October)

Once again, financial support and a strong reason for you to return.
A return air ticket and a written promise counts for nothing.

If you have any question just post again in the same thread.
God Bless

joebloggs
9th September 2011, 21:13
excellent answer terpe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Aljim
10th September 2011, 03:52
Thank you so much this is the advice that I'm looking for. I'll keep you posted regarding on my Visa status. I'm Still waiting for the invitation letter from my uncle I'll tell him your advice. thank you.