PDA

View Full Version : EEA Family permit

mike1
8th September 2011, 17:17
My step-daughter who lives in the Philippines applied for the EEA family permit recently to join us here in the uk,she is nearly 21 years old. She was refused permission because she had not submitted her birth cert :doh- a big mistake I know .
We are going to appeal it but just wanted to find out the best way to go about it , does she just send it in with her appeal to the British Embassy in Manila or is it better to elect a representive for a hearing in UK . I do not know if that is all they are looking for as its the only thing mentioned on the refusal notice :Erm:. Anybody been through a similar experience ?. Are all appeals dealt with in the uk? Any advise welcome :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
8th September 2011, 19:13
probably a lot quicker for you to reapply, when is she 21 ?
family permits have a priority over other visas when it comes to processing them,..

mike1
8th September 2011, 21:33
probably a lot quicker for you to reapply, when is she 21 ?
family permits have a priority over other visas when it comes to processing them,..

Good idea Joe ,but the problem is she is 21 next week ,I do not think she would have enough time

mike1
10th September 2011, 15:05
She has now decided to reapply as you rightly point out Joe it may be a quicker decision :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
10th September 2011, 15:25
Good idea Joe ,but the problem is she is 21 next week ,I do not think she would have enough time

:yikes: you've left it a bit late, when did u originally apply for the visa ? did they send u a form about appealing against the decision ? when is the appeal period up ?

mike1
10th September 2011, 17:27
:yikes: you've left it a bit late, when did u originally apply for the visa ? did they send u a form about appealing against the decision ? when is the appeal period up ?

She applied about the 20th aug and got the decision the 6th sep giving her 28 days to appeal ,but now she has her appointment to hand in docs on tuesday and I think they get it in the embassy the same or following day , her birthday is friday :doh