PDA

View Full Version : My 1st ever experience applying an Austrian Visa

ana07cutiepie
30th August 2011, 06:05
The day wherein everything goes down.

August 29, 2011 was the day that I had an interview with the Austrian Embassy in Manila.I prepared everything ahead of time. We were 5applicants and am the first one who was called shockingly I didn't know that the interviewer doesn't like the way I prepared my docs because I put it on a clear book so he was mad at me and start yelling and so he gave me time to get all the docs and put it together with no envelop nor a folder. One thing that surprised me a lot was that the interviewer was a Local- is it normal to have a local interviewer?? And I told my bf about this and he was shocked and said "well, I don't understand how a foreigner can decide who goes to my country for holiday - pisses me off"

For me it was not a formal interview because I was just standing and talking to him with a glass in between and the rest of the applicant can hear us. He was so bias in a sense that he was yelling at me coz he said am not well prepared with my docs but there is a woman there who doesn't even have a photocopy with all of her docs and he didn't even react to it well I guess it was because most of the applicants are teachers and business woman and their docs was put in the envelop and clear book but when they heard that it was a no no they immediately took it off in the envelop and also I guess that's why he treated me so differently maybe its because I am just an ordinary applicant. :bigcry:

GraceAdam
3rd September 2011, 14:32
Hello Ana

I feel sorry for you. I hope they will treat us all fairly in going there because all applicants exert their 100 % efforts just to make everything okay regardless to all those stressful stuff they've/we've been through.. :(

what happened to you after the interview? are u done doing your biometric? is there any update in your visa application?

How are you now? I hope you all is well for you.. cheer up Ana :)

God bless you always

Grace xxx

ana07cutiepie
4th September 2011, 04:04
Hello Ana

I feel sorry for you. I hope they will treat us all fairly in going there because all applicants exert their 100 % efforts just to make everything okay regardless to all those stressful stuff they've/we've been through.. :(

what happened to you after the interview? are u done doing your biometric? is there any update in your visa application?

How are you now? I hope you all is well for you.. cheer up Ana :)

God bless you always

Grace xxx

Hi Ate Grace, am okay now but at first it was very frustrating. No result yet am still waiting for their call but am not expecting it to be positive- because the way they treat me wasn't really fair. Yes you are right we do exert a LOT of effort not just me but also the family of my bf and my man.

No biometric just purely interview and submitting all the documents.
Thanks Ate Grace for cheering me up ;)

May God Bless you too :Jump:
Analou xxxx

Maria B
5th September 2011, 21:52
The day wherein everything goes down.

is it normal to have a local interviewer??[/B]

but when they heard that it was a no no they immediately took it off in the envelop and also I guess that's why he treated me so differently maybe its because I am just an ordinary applicant. :bigcry:

:Hellooo:hi ana,

don't allow anybody to upset u like that. nobody has the right to upset us...even in the VFS, the staff who assists u when u come in the office will remind & instruct u if your papers are in order according to the list without staples, clips & folders & have photocopy with u ready etc....So that's clear enough to understand. But in your case, the officers who are at the entrance door should let u know the same way too.

is he really yelling at you? that's unacceptable. don't think that u are only an ordinary person. all of us are fair & equal. we follow instructions, rules & we all pay the same amount. u can make a complaint about this because there's cctv & and a speaker inside. he stayed calm with the rest of the applicant coz maybe he can see from your face & the rest of the applicants reactions that what he has done at shouting at u is absolutely wrong:NoNo:
it doesn't surprise me having local staffs/ interviewer coz it is how it's like in VFS too...even in the British Embassy Manila at the customer service downstairs...it's how it is nowadays, outsourcing...foriegn countries looks for partnership to work for them to provide a certain services. (My husband feels the same way too & was also surprise) For sure u can browse a link for austrian embassy on where u can address your complain. if you are not ready yet, just jot the incident down in your diary & discuss it with your partner.

cheer up girl:Wave:

ana07cutiepie
8th September 2011, 10:51
:Hellooo:hi ana,

don't allow anybody to upset u like that. nobody has the right to upset us...even in the VFS, the staff who assists u when u come in the office will remind & instruct u if your papers are in order according to the list without staples, clips & folders & have photocopy with u ready etc....So that's clear enough to understand. But in your case, the officers who are at the entrance door should let u know the same way too.

is he really yelling at you? that's unacceptable. don't think that u are only an ordinary person. all of us are fair & equal. we follow instructions, rules & we all pay the same amount. u can make a complaint about this because there's cctv & and a speaker inside. he stayed calm with the rest of the applicant coz maybe he can see from your face & the rest of the applicants reactions that what he has done at shouting at u is absolutely wrong:NoNo:
it doesn't surprise me having local staffs/ interviewer coz it is how it's like in VFS too...even in the British Embassy Manila at the customer service downstairs...it's how it is nowadays, outsourcing...foriegn countries looks for partnership to work for them to provide a certain services. (My husband feels the same way too & was also surprise) For sure u can browse a link for austrian embassy on where u can address your complain. if you are not ready yet, just jot the incident down in your diary & discuss it with your partner.

cheer up girl:Wave:

Hi MariaB thanks for cheering me up :) Actually just this morning I received a text message about the my application it said

"your passport with visa is ready for pick up. Please come to Embassy of Austria, monday to thursday between 1pm to 2pm. Please be on time. Please bring the receipt."

I am so happy and surprised with the result. :Jump:

raynaputi
8th September 2011, 10:53
congrats Ana! :)

ana07cutiepie
8th September 2011, 12:37
congrats Ana! :)

thanks te Rayna :) :Jump:

GraceAdam
8th September 2011, 12:54
WOW congrats ANA :) you will be with the love of your life soon :)

God bless you :)

ana07cutiepie
8th September 2011, 12:58
WOW congrats ANA :) you will be with the love of your life soon :)

God bless you :)

Haha yes hopefully no more problem in the future :D

You will be the next ;-)

God Bless you too Grace :xxgrinning--00xx3:

GraceAdam
8th September 2011, 13:10
awww thank you :) so you will go back to Manila again to get your Passport with visa? :D

BTW, did you apply a fiancee visa or tourist visa? :)

Thank you

Awww just have faith, everything will be fine :) :Hellooo:

ana07cutiepie
8th September 2011, 13:20
awww thank you :) so you will go back to Manila again to get your Passport with visa? :D

BTW, did you apply a fiancee visa or tourist visa? :)

Thank you

Awww just have faith, everything will be fine :) :Hellooo:

Yes, hopefully soon. :)
Tourist visa only and you?

GraceAdam
8th September 2011, 13:25
Fiancee Visa but we're still completing the documents/requirements that we need to submit soon..hopefully everything will be ok.

The releasing date of my passport will be on the 26th of September 2011, and i really hope the DFA in Cebu will really release my passport on time ... wahhhhh langayan raba kaayo na sila... :/

I wish you all the best Ana :)

ana07cutiepie
8th September 2011, 13:34
Fiancee Visa but we're still completing the documents/requirements that we need to submit soon..hopefully everything will be ok.

The releasing date of my passport will be on the 26th of September 2011, and i really hope the DFA in Cebu will really release my passport on time ... wahhhhh langayan raba kaayo na sila... :/

I wish you all the best Ana :)

Based sa ako experienced sa DFA ky they are on time- so don't worry. :)

Wish you all the best too Grace.

Goodluck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

GraceAdam
8th September 2011, 13:39
aww really? well that is great :D you made my spirit alive hehe thank you Ana :)

Thank you so much ..keep in touch :)

:Wave: Have a safe Trip Ana :Wave:

toging
8th September 2011, 14:06
CONGRATS ANA!
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ana07cutiepie
8th September 2011, 14:07
CONGRATS ANA!
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks toging :Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3: :D xxx