PDA

View Full Version : KLM or Emirates from Brum

guyki
24th August 2011, 22:12
Need some advice never flown KLM before but been with Emirates 4 times now.Just been looking at prices for 1st week of Sep.and KLM are coming out trumps only downfall is mahal's one way ticket from Manila which is roughly £150 more dearer than Emirates but thats with a 10hr stop-over in Dubai :yikes:whereas KLM's is just a 3hr stopover in Schipol?

My question is whats the IFE and grub like on KLM?

lastlid
24th August 2011, 23:18
I have flown KLM a few times, once from UK to Houston and back. I have always found KLM to be okay. Perhaps not the very best but still good. I havent flown Emirates.

If she gets her visa, I was thinking of flying my wife using KLM and meeting her in Amsterdam, then flying with her to Manchester. So I would be interested in how you get on!

KeithD
24th August 2011, 23:22
Food was crap on KLM, and the service in Amsterdam was non-existent. I'd only use them again if I need to get the Phil in a hurry otherwise I'd use SIA or some other carrier.

scott&ligaya
25th August 2011, 07:30
thumbs down from me for KLM as well, the flight attendants were miserable and the food very average. Emirates and most of the mid east airlines model themselves/aspire to the Singapore airlines service level as it is recognised as one of tthe best. Only issue I have had with them is the odd Arab genteleman who does not seem to know what deodourant is:doh:doh:doh Try Ethaid or Qatar, I brought Joy and the kids over on Qatar and tthey were great with the little ones, even got them a ride on one of those electric carts they have hehehehe plus only 2 hours in Doha. The one way fare was excellent.

lastlid
25th August 2011, 07:45
On the smelly armpits thing, I flew Saudi Airlines on April (Gatwick though). :yikes:

Steer clear unless you are on a tight budget. also this airline is "dry" if you like a glass of wine with your meal........

scott&ligaya
25th August 2011, 09:29
oops sorry Guyki I forgot Qatar was to Heathrow :doh:doh:doh

Englishman2010
25th August 2011, 10:27
I've flown both KLM and Emirates from Brum many times. KLM is a much shorter journey, but Emirateswin hands down for quality. kLM are ok, i'd still go with them myself if they were the cheapest. emirates just upgraded me to Business Class on a 380 from Dubai to Honkers, very nice :-)

LittleFingers
25th August 2011, 13:23
I had good experience on KLM from Amsterdam to Manila (nearly 4 years ago).
Their prices now for next year however are O.T.T.

stevewool
25th August 2011, 19:14
the best bet is to look at every airport you can and see how the price compares , you could save a few hundred

guyki
25th August 2011, 21:00
oops sorry Guyki I forgot Qatar was to Heathrow :doh:doh:doh

Lol yeah I've flown with Qatar 2 years ago on the Bangkok route and must say the ailine is really 5* only downfall is Doha airport which is boring as hell and in the middle of the desert

guyki
25th August 2011, 21:04
the best bet is to look at every airport you can and see how the price compares , you could save a few hundred

Hi Steve cheers mate Brum is working out the cheapest with Emirates £571,LHR the cheapest is Etihad at £605 but theres coach fare to consider

Jimbojac
25th August 2011, 21:20
Qatar are pretty good but i totally rave about Emirates, i travel a helluva lot and Emirates are super friendly, very modern fleet, clean aircraft and a delight to travel with. I hate the monotony and boredom of flying { who doesn't? } At least with Emirates it's bearable and great value:xxgrinning--00xx3:

branno
25th August 2011, 21:33
if i may just say .. unless u have ur own chef at home not including ur your mum.. :icon_lol: klms food is acceptable it keeps u going and im sure u will scoff the lot... u can have free booze wen u ask u can have endless coffee if u stretch ur legs and venture to the service areas and theres always soft drinks drinks and goodies available... u only have to rember that theres no gas cookers or electrick hobs on flights these days and deffinately no bbqs so every thing really comes pre warmed.. its ok .. bur rember to keep ur eyes peeled for those extra leg room seats available just prior to take off or a empty 3 seat row... :)