PDA

View Full Version : FLR processing payment before taking biometrics

Faye_and_Brian
21st August 2011, 20:21
Hello there, its me again, since I have done biometrics for my FLR visa and still waiting for the result in almost 14 weeks from now. Im just wondering if they have already taken the payment on our bank account. The problem that we have got is the statement of account of my husband's was missing and we cant check it online because he didnt enroll on internet banking and it takes a while to enroll it. Im just sooooo getting out of patience now because I still didnt heard from the immigration regarding the statues of my visa and the account balance that we were using to pay is less than the amount of the visa processing fee now. If they still didnt taken the payment, we wondered that they may reject the visa because its insufficient balance. My husband cant determine too if how much was taken on that account since there were a lot of spending by that time. Do you think they have already taken the processing fee?? our option now is to transfer money from his another account to make it enough for the visa payment. Need your advise on this matter please.

Terpe
21st August 2011, 20:29
It is possible to go to the bank and get a statement.
It is also possible to get statements from many ATM

I would advise to visit the bank and secure an update. Do NOT risk that the payment did not yet get taken and insufficient balance remains.
Do something tomorrow (Monday)

My guess is that the payment has been taken long ago.
I'm pretty sure your FLR is on it's way.

Personally I always advise to save hard to make a budget for personal application if it's at all possible. Provided it's a very straightforward case and fully compliant the visa is granted the same day.

Faye_and_Brian
21st August 2011, 21:04
It is possible to go to the bank and get a statement.
It is also possible to get statements from many ATM

I would advise to visit the bank and secure an update. Do NOT risk that the payment did not yet get taken and insufficient balance remains.
Do something tomorrow (Monday)

My guess is that the payment has been taken long ago.
I'm pretty sure your FLR is on it's way.

Personally I always advise to save hard to make a budget for personal application if it's at all possible. Provided it's a very straightforward case and fully compliant the visa is granted the same day.

Thanks Terpe, the problem that Ive got is, the bank account's name is under my husband, he is working offshore as of the moment and he will be back not until first week of September. I can only get the last 10 movements in the ATM machine and it doesnt stated the particular amount taken for the visa. Thats what I think too, if I have my biometrics done that means the payment already went through but I will not take risk for it, only my option now is to transfer money from his another account.

Terpe
21st August 2011, 21:17
I don't really know if this would work, but maybe a telephone call to UKBA could help?
Normally after 14 weeks has expired they will fully accept your telephone call request for status update and to answer your questions.

Normally your case will not be 'started' until payment is made. The biometrics have been done so the case has been started.
Did you receive a letter of acknowledgement?

I guess the worst case scenario is to do as you say and make a transfer. Seems a shame but then it's better than risking insufficient funds. Lucky you have funds to transfer.

I understand your feelings. Good luck and let us know the result of your phone call.
God bless

Faye_and_Brian
21st August 2011, 21:24
I don't really know if this would work, but maybe a telephone call to UKBA could help?
Normally after 14 weeks has expired they will fully accept your telephone call request for status update and to answer your questions.

Normally your case will not be 'started' until payment is made. The biometrics have been done so the case has been started.
Did you receive a letter of acknowledgement?

I guess the worst case scenario is to do as you say and make a transfer. Seems a shame but then it's better than risking insufficient funds. Lucky you have funds to transfer.

I understand your feelings. Good luck and let us know the result of your phone call.
God bless

What is letter of acknowledgement? nope I have not yet receive it. I already transferred funds to that account. I phoned UKBA before and they have same advise as yours. It is a pain in the ass to wait for 14 weeks or so to know the update of my application.

somebody
21st August 2011, 21:28
From what i remember the money is taken fairly early on as i remember on another website them mentioning that if a Cheque was used this meant it took them longer to start the process and could give an extra day or two to someones application if needed.

When we applied for ILR in person the fee was taken just after a basic check of the documents but before the application was processed. Before we were interviewed a quick note of our receipt was taken to say we had paid by the interviewer very quickly done.

This is to stop people I guess putting applications with out the right funds available.

But as Terpe says if you do not have a letter of acknowledgment it may well be worth checking the status of the application.

If unsure best to place spare money in just to be certain.

I hope you receive some good news very soon regarding your FLR :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Faye_and_Brian
21st August 2011, 21:38
From what i remember the money is taken fairly early on as i remember on another website them mentioning that if a Cheque was used this meant it took them longer to start the process and could give an extra day or two to someones application if needed.

When we applied for ILR in person the fee was taken just after a basic check of the documents but before the application was processed. Before we were interviewed a quick note of our receipt was taken to say we had paid by the interviewer very quickly done.

This is to stop people I guess putting applications with out the right funds available.

But as Terpe says if you do not have a letter of acknowledgment it may well be worth checking the status of the application.

If unsure best to place spare money in just to be certain.

I hope you receive some good news very soon regarding your FLR :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you somebody.

Maria B
22nd August 2011, 10:45
:Hellooo:Hello Faye,

Hope you're alright. Once biometrics is done, the payment will come through as well after veryfying all the docs.
The immigration will phone u if the payment didn't come through for your husband to check the bank.
Applying internet banking only takes a few minutes of your time to register even phone banking. It is wise if your hubby will enroll himself once he's free for convenient purposes & easy access at anytime.
If both of you are hesitant about the balance left in the account & thought of depositing some amount in it. yes, your husband may do so.
If you haven't heard from the immigration, your papers must be on the process now. So chill & relax.
Looking forward to your success story to this forum.:Wave:

Faye_and_Brian
23rd August 2011, 18:30
:Hellooo:Hello Faye,

Hope you're alright. Once biometrics is done, the payment will come through as well after veryfying all the docs.
The immigration will phone u if the payment didn't come through for your husband to check the bank.
Applying internet banking only takes a few minutes of your time to register even phone banking. It is wise if your hubby will enroll himself once he's free for convenient purposes & easy access at anytime.
If both of you are hesitant about the balance left in the account & thought of depositing some amount in it. yes, your husband may do so.
If you haven't heard from the immigration, your papers must be on the process now. So chill & relax.
Looking forward to your success story to this forum.:Wave:

Thank you Maria B. I will update when I have my result in hand regarding my FLR application.

Maria B
23rd August 2011, 18:46
:Hellooo:anytie faye:Wave:

Faye_and_Brian
7th September 2011, 14:47
Update--- I phoned Home Office this morning and they have provided me the tracking number and when I checked it on Royal Mail it says Recorded Signed For™ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent first or second class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.

Information on your item is not yet available online

The documents was posted yesterday (September 6), how many days will it take to arrive for a recorded delivery? If they sent all of the documents back, is that means we dont have a problem with our application? Ive been waiting for 14 weeks already. Is there any higher percentage that my visa will be refused??

Faye_and_Brian
8th September 2011, 09:43
Good news! I just received my Biometrics Card Residence Permit this morning! What a huge relief!! :Jump::Jump: My documents will soon be arrive too! thanks for all your advice. It really help me a lot :Jump::Jump:

Terpe
8th September 2011, 10:26
:xxgrinning--00xx3: