PDA

View Full Version : 11/10 Score for The Philippine Embassy in London !

Dr Graham
19th August 2011, 17:57
I recently travelled down from t'North to visit The Philippine Embassy in London.

Although my trip was a disaster, in that I ended up with the worst result it was possible to get, I have NOTHING BUT PRAISE FOR THE SERVICE I RECEIVED !

Over the last couple of years I've exchanged several emails on a variety of subjects with one of their Consuls and I always got the feeling that this lady was a "bit special".
Because she knew of my visit in advance she dealt with my application personally, even though this was a job that would normally be handled by one of her staff.

I had to return to the Embassy when it re-opened after lunch, and at about 5 minutes to 2pm I really had to struggle to squeeze myself into a PACKED entrance hall. There must have been close to 150 people packed like sardines in the Waiting Room, another 50 or so in Reception, and another 50+ filling the Entrance Hall.
I only just managed to squeeze in through the outer door.
Many of the people waiting near the front I recognised from earlier, when I had arrived just as the Embassy was closing for Lunch.

Just before 2pm the large double doors that admit staff to the inner sanctum of the Embassy cracked open and this TINY and TYPICALLY GORGEOUS Filipina popped her head out and asked if Mr XXX was present ?

As I fought my way through the crowds I could see I was getting some very mixed looks from the hundreds of people in front of me, some of whom had obviously been there for HOURS !
While some looked at me as if they were trying to recognise some Important Person or Celebrity, others had more hatred in their eyes, as if to say "Why the hell does this guy get special treatment when I've been here for hours ?"

The Consul locked the doors behind me, we had a chat and then she processed my application.

If I didn't already have a Filipina Fiancee who I love to bits, I could easily have fallen in love at that moment.

Not only was this lady extremely good at her job, but she was also drop dead gorgeous, had a voice as sweet as music and was the definition of politeness and charm.

Or in other words, as I think most guys on here will agree, she was a TYPICAL FILIPINA !

After my business was concluded I left the Embassy ..... and was walking down Suffolk Street, when for a moment I thought I was dreaming, because I imagined I could hear the Consul's voice calling my name again ! :)
But I wasn't dreaming at all ...... I turned around to see the Consul running down the street after me ..... because I'd forgotten to pick up all my stuff when I left !

When I think of all the Pompous, Un-helpful, Little Hitlers that Britain seems to populate its Embassies and Government Departments with, my visit to The Philippine Embassy was a Refreshing and Enjoyable experience.

stevewool
19th August 2011, 18:40
sounds wonderful , hope the same happens to emma next thursday when we go to get a new passport:)

Terpe
19th August 2011, 21:55
...............Not only was this lady extremely good at her job, but she was also drop dead gorgeous, had a voice as sweet as music and was the definition of politeness and charm..............

Wow, at last, someone who feels the same as me........ :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
19th August 2011, 23:41
A nice email to someone in the Phils Foreign Affairs dept back in Manila would be good. :)

Arthur Little
20th August 2011, 00:38
I recently travelled down from t'North to visit The Philippine Embassy in London.

Although my trip was a disaster, in that I ended up with the worst result it was possible to get, I have NOTHING BUT PRAISE FOR THE SERVICE I RECEIVED !

Over the last couple of years I've exchanged several emails on a variety of subjects with one of their Consuls and I always got the feeling that this lady was a "bit special".
Because she knew of my visit in advance she dealt with my application personally, even though this was a job that would normally be handled by one of her staff.

I had to return to the Embassy when it re-opened after lunch, and at about 5 minutes to 2pm I really had to struggle to squeeze myself into a PACKED entrance hall. There must have been close to 150 people packed like sardines in the Waiting Room, another 50 or so in Reception, and another 50+ filling the Entrance Hall.
I only just managed to squeeze in through the outer door.
Many of the people waiting near the front I recognised from earlier, when I had arrived just as the Embassy was closing for Lunch.

Just before 2pm the large double doors that admit staff to the inner sanctum of the Embassy cracked open and this TINY and TYPICALLY GORGEOUS Filipina popped her head out and asked if Mr XXX was present ?

As I fought my way through the crowds I could see I was getting some very mixed looks from the hundreds of people in front of me, some of whom had obviously been there for HOURS !
While some looked at me as if they were trying to recognise some Important Person or Celebrity, others had more hatred in their eyes, as if to say "Why the hell does this guy get special treatment when I've been here for hours ?"

The Consul locked the doors behind me, we had a chat and then she processed my application.

If I didn't already have a Filipina Fiancee who I love to bits, I could easily have fallen in love at that moment.

Not only was this lady extremely good at her job, but she was also drop dead gorgeous, had a voice as sweet as music and was the definition of politeness and charm.

Or in other words, as I think most guys on here will agree, she was a TYPICAL FILIPINA !

After my business was concluded I left the Embassy ..... and was walking down Suffolk Street, when for a moment I thought I was dreaming, because I imagined I could hear the Consul's voice calling my name again ! :)
But I wasn't dreaming at all ...... I turned around to see the Consul running down the street after me ..... because I'd forgotten to pick up all my stuff when I left !

When I think of all the Pompous, Un-helpful, Little Hitlers that Britain seems to populate its Embassies and Government Departments with, my visit to The Philippine Embassy was a Refreshing and Enjoyable experience.

:) Makes a pleasant change ... :yeahthat:!

:68711_thanx: for sharing this experience with us.

Arthur Little
20th August 2011, 00:43
A nice email to someone in the Phils Foreign Affairs dept back in Manila would be good. :)

:gp: ... it'd be a really nice gesture. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
20th August 2011, 00:52
I had a chat with one of the Filipino diplomats there whilst I waited for my resident visa.. He reckoned that the place was not really an embassy...Just a place where homesick Filipino`s gathered in a space reminiscent of a Pinoy wet market.
Onli in di Pilipins................. embassy in London!!

stevewool
20th August 2011, 10:24
so emma could be coming out with a bag of food then:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: