PDA

View Full Version : whats for tea?:)

Moy
18th August 2011, 18:15
any idea for something simple easy scrumptious :yikes: savory dish to cook..im off for typical english tea :NoNo: at the moment :cwm24: :rolleyes:

alanp
18th August 2011, 18:45
Well i just cooked sinigang

Moy
18th August 2011, 18:48
Well i just cooked sinigang

good idea:xxgrinning--00xx3:..is it shrimp or pork??:hubbahubba: or fish but i wanT bangus(milkfish) for siniganG..any that here in the UK (MILKFISH?):rolleyes:

alanp
18th August 2011, 19:26
I had pork sinigang. Yes you can get milk fish my friend sells it at her shop so most pinoy shops will have it in the frozen section

Moy
18th August 2011, 20:25
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

branno
18th August 2011, 20:35
ow about... a reet neece corn beef ash.. served with fresh baked cob and best butter :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
18th August 2011, 20:42
Or howz about jacket potatoes with a nice chilli con carne (with extra chilli). :hubbahubba:

branno
18th August 2011, 20:47
Or howz about jacket potatoes with a nice chilli con carne (with extra chilli). :hubbahubba:

topped with sour cream or natural greek yoghurt :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
18th August 2011, 20:51
topped with sour cream or natural greek yoghurt :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sour cream for me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tell you what branno, we sound like an old married couple :omg:
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

branno
18th August 2011, 20:53
Sour cream for me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tell you what branno, we sound like an old married couple :omg:
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

how does that song go..." things can only get better" :icon_lol:

Moy
18th August 2011, 21:40
ow about... a reet neece corn beef ash.. served with fresh baked cob and best butter :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i fancy argentina corned beef:D and a dallop of fried bolinao(anchovy):icon_lol::D

Moy
18th August 2011, 21:41

sounds ideal Terpe...btw i dont like the smeel of chilli con carne though i love chillie:D:rolleyes:

Moy
18th August 2011, 21:43
how does that song go..." things can only get better" :icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIegyI5MIds:icon_lol:

Terpe
18th August 2011, 21:51
Anything can go on top of Jacket potatoes.
Baked beans and cheese :hubbahubba:
Or even
Dinuguan

Moy
18th August 2011, 21:59
mm thats sounds:xxgrinning--00xx3: yummy terpe..but im off to english tea at the moment though potatoe is still part of filipino meals.:D
dinuguan with puto is more appealing and a glass of delmonte four season juice drink :hubbahubba::D

grahamw48
18th August 2011, 22:24
I had a big can of baked beans fried in bacon fat, on 2 slices of fried bread, with two fried eggs on top and a couple of rashers of back bacon. :D

For my boy I cooked a huge helping of home-made spaghetti bolognese with fresh pasta...not enough left for me....hence the fryup.

Moy
18th August 2011, 22:38
I had a big can of baked beans fried in bacon fat, on 2 slices of fried bread, with two fried eggs on top and a couple of rashers of back bacon. :D

For my boy I cooked a huge helping of home-made spaghetti bolognese with fresh pasta...not enough left for me....hence the fryup.

ymmy graham babe but not my cup of tea hahaha:Dewwwwwwwwww

grahamw48
18th August 2011, 23:23
Luckily I don't put weight on. :D

I do try to avoid fried food normally though, or anything fatty. Just an occasional treat.:)

Arthur Little
19th August 2011, 01:40
Anything can go on top of Jacket potatoes. Baked beans and cheese :hubbahubba:

Aye ... a coat(ing) of melted cheese :D - as a wind:action-smiley-081:break to counteract the pungent "after-effects" :readingpapers: associated with eating baked beans.

Arthur Little
19th August 2011, 01:53
I had chicken & mushroom with rice ... a hot favourite of mine! :hubbahubba:

sars_notd_virus
19th August 2011, 09:50
We had ''sisig'' (pork belly marinated,boiled,grilled,fried with lots of spices innit ,chilli,ginger,onion,garlic powder) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
19th August 2011, 09:59
We had ''sisig'' (pork belly marinated,boiled,grilled,fried with lots of spices innit ,chilli,ginger,onion,garlic powder) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I love sisig.
I always use pork chops and liver. Once the pork chops and liver is fried I then coarsely mince.
Great food.

It looks great if you can serve it on a cast iron sizzling dish.
Plenty of restaurants in the Philippines also top it off with a raw egg. That's nice too. I do that at home for fun, when it's still sizzling.

Moy
19th August 2011, 14:36

oh wow that one of my fav one as well:):D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
19th August 2011, 14:38

wow:xxgrinning--00xx3: sis can ia sk a recipe in it please love sisig really missing eating that :doh:D

sars_notd_virus
19th August 2011, 16:22
I used pork belly,...boiled in brine ,grilled and chop together with pork lunch toungue, tossed with chopped onion ,chillies ,ginger,sprinkle some garlic powder and dump them all in a hot iron plate or just the normal hot frying pan..(u can also add one egg while it sizzles on the pan) ...serve with liquid seasoning, soy sauce,tabasco and a slice of lemon.

Moy
19th August 2011, 17:49
thanks sars:xxgrinning--00xx3: will definately try that..i wonder where can i get tabasco though:rolleyes:

Moy
19th August 2011, 17:50

can i ask a recipe(your version):D from that arthur

Arthur Little
19th August 2011, 18:03
can i ask a recipe (your version) :D from that arthur

:sorry-2: ... no recipe, I'm afraid :NoNo:... just a frozen, processed pack bought from 'Farmfoods' and heated in the microwave. :icon_lol:

Moy
19th August 2011, 18:08
:sorry-2: ... no recipe, I'm afraid :NoNo:... just a frozen, processed pack bought from 'Farmfoods' and heated in the microwave. :icon_lol:

:omg: :doh i hated to say this but that no :cwm24: :doh good on health think you know that hehe

les_taxi
19th August 2011, 18:11
Chicken vindaloo,garlic nan and rice on it's way from takeaway right now:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
19th August 2011, 18:12
I am going across to spain tonight for a sea-food platter or I will eat at a good resto I know on the Rock :) All alone tonight so early to bed early to rise :)

Arthur Little
19th August 2011, 18:14
:omg: :doh i hated to say this but that no :cwm24::doh good on health think you know that hehe

:D ... especially when served with white rice instead of brown!

Moy
19th August 2011, 18:14
I am going across to spain tonight for a sea-food platter or I will eat at a good resto I know on the Rock :) All alone tonight so early to bed early to rise :)

woaaaaaaaahhhhhh thats my things tawi boy:heartshape1: specially the paella.aws im dreaming so fancy that ..:hubbahubba:

Arthur Little
19th August 2011, 18:20
Chicken vindaloo, garlic nan and rice on it's way from takeaway right now:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hmm ... :anerikke: ... o~kay ... but WITHOUT the garlic!

Tawi2
19th August 2011, 18:21
Loads of Paella places on Gibraltar Moy,come over :heartshape1: going up the coast to the villa in a few days hopefully,havent been there for a few months even though its fully paid up till next february :Erm:

Arthur Little
19th August 2011, 18:28
early to bed early to rise :) ...

... makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
19th August 2011, 18:33
:D ... especially when served with white rice instead of brown!

:icon_lol: i would rather go to greenwich beside the jolibee to have my mushroom baked melt rice:D
http://www.greenwich.com.ph/meals.php:icon_lol::Rasp:

Tawi2
19th August 2011, 18:45
healthy, wealthy and wise
I am none of the above arthur,but I do try ;)

branno
19th August 2011, 20:14

ohh noo wheres the black pudding :}

branno
19th August 2011, 20:15
quality song :icon_lol:

branno
19th August 2011, 20:19
layered corn beef ash cooked in the oven .. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
23rd August 2011, 20:29
I am going to have a nice curry in La Linea,I was going to have a chinese but the 2 restos I normally eat at are empty :Erm: alarm bells rang,never eat in an empty resto is an old maxim :Erm: