PDA

View Full Version : not had a rant for a while, so equailty again

joebloggs
11th May 2007, 13:32
well for those who remember my posts from a while go, concerning a libyan who went to libya on about 27th dec 2005, and was back in the uk around about the 17th of jan 2006, in that short space of time, his mother had arranged for him to meet a libyan girl, they meet twice for an hour a time, then they were married and applied for a spouse visa, which was granted and she was in the uk at about the 18th of jan..

i moaned at the time, about evidence of a relationship, meeting someone for 2 hrs is not what i call a relationship, my wife says its their culture, fair enough, but this is not libya, 'this is england' ( anyone seen the film yet - talk about stero type casting a nasy scouser plays a racist in the film). english law, not liyan law applies here, wether culture, royality, religion, the same law should apply to everyone, if you want to bring your wife to the uk, and apply for a spouse you should need to prove a relationship, just as everyone else has, there are many people who get refused spouse visa's ( esp brits who marry thai's), becuase the embassy says they dont believe there is a relationship. how about a bit of equality and fair play. the same rules for everyone..

why iam moaning now is his younger brother is now getting married ( to his older brothers wife's younger sister) and there will be little to show for a relationship.. so i'll wait and see if shes gets a spouse visa and the time scale again.. and for those who have had your visa turned down becuase the embassy say they don't beleive you have a relationship iam truly sorry :bigcry: and :censored: that becuase of culture and religion 2 hours is enougth for some but not for others :NoNo:

Philip
11th May 2007, 17:48
Crazy!!!

bigtombowski
11th May 2007, 18:26
that really p***Ses me off . .. . i see this all the time. I have friends who are muslim here in Birmingham and they get arranged marriages to their cousins and they get married and get their wife like 1 or 2 months later, yet you have people here who have been in a relationship for the best part of 2 years getting denied. It gets on my t*ts! I get seriously annoyed. Besides, it's not like its a BIIIIGGG change for there to be ANOTHER foreigner in Birmingham (although i think Mar's from the wrong asian country .. . i'll say no more)

anyway . . .

joebloggs
12th May 2007, 02:00
oh i forgot to mention, their mother is english, they were not born in the uk, but have british passports, yes it angers me, as i've said on here today, it should be your legal right to bring your wife to live with you, without having to prove this and that, and playing the expensive visa waiting game, and like some do, hope, wish and pray you will be granted a spouse visa or ILR. and not put on thier passport the embrassing and insulting 'no recourse to public funds', as iam sure most people in the uk dont want to have recourse to public funds, but thru unemployment or illness for a while they might have.

whats wrong with just sending both passports and your marriage cert ? , what do the gov think that people might be running some sort of marriage scam ? get people here and then get divorced? and marry again ? . i've nearly been married 5 yrs, and my wife and stepson have to wait and see if some case worker will give them the permission to stay. oh and where my wife has been working more than a year but not entitled to any public funds.

what really makes me sad and angry, is that i go on a couple of other forums, to get a feel of immigration for other brits who have married asians, and i really feel sorry for the brits who have married thai's and cannot get a spouse visa, usually becuase the gov dont believe its a real relationship, and the number of times that kids have been refused visas to join their mother and step father. imagine your 2 kids of 8 and 10 being interviewed on thier own by embassy staff, and scared and dont even understand, no wonder they got rejected. i've just read about a mother who applied for a visa for her 11yr old son with her british husband, they refused his app, becuase the embassy said she didnt have ' sole responsiblity' oh becuase she did what mothers do, work to bring in money to feed you and your son, and her mom looked after him while she worked, and when she got married, she came to the uk, and when her and her husband were settled they wanted to bring him. imagine not being able to bring your own child here :angry: . i've been there, iam wonder now if my stepson can stay, yes hes 18 now, but is mother, sister and brother are here in the uk, his dad is in the states , and never had any real contact with. his only immediate family is here, only has aunts and unlce in the philippines.

the stress, delays and even break up of families caused by the visa game, yet people from europe can just come here with a bit of id. and none brit europeans living in the uk have more rights and an easier time to bring their wifes, families with less hassle than a brit, time someone sorted all this :censored: out. but looking at it,it will only get harder :angry:

moan over. til the next time :xxgrinning--00xx3: