PDA

View Full Version : Terrible murder in Jersey

Dedworth
15th August 2011, 16:12
Jersey's Home Affairs Minister has said the island will be in "shock and pain" after the fatal stabbing of six people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-14526765

I'm surprised that Jersey let in EU Eastern European migrants I thought they had a "special arrangement"

scott&ligaya
16th August 2011, 08:48
The lack of responses suggests that this thread may be in bad taste and not worthy of this forum just to make a point on immigration. Personally I think it shoudl be removed.

Ded, you are better than that. your reporting/highlighting on here of the crazy systems we have here in the Uk regaring immigration.assylum seekers, benefit sysytems and the like are illuminating and useful..even if it drives me to despair.

Dedworth
16th August 2011, 08:57
Not meant as bad taste Scott. I've not visited Jersey for 10 years or so but it used to be the case that by far the greatest proportion of immigrants were from Portugal who staffed the many hotels and restaurants and I'm led to believe this had been the situation before either the UK or Portugal joined the then EEC. I thought it was a hard enough place for UK residents to reside and gain employment in as there was a correct local interest in protecting jobs for the locals, keeping down crime etc. I used to deal with a guy at the tourist board and he reckons his family had only been able to get there because his father was a millionaire a few times over.

KeithD
16th August 2011, 09:55
A connection between an idiot wiping out his family and an immigration issue is non existent. British people wipe out their own families in Britain. US citizens wipe out their own families in the US.