PDA

View Full Version : Our priorities?

scott&ligaya
15th August 2011, 11:20
a couple of hundred of youths from across the community of Birmingham get together and cause mayhem, force the return of parliament, cause rifts between police and government,may lead to wholseale legal changes and have driven the media agenda for the last two weeks.

5000 people from across the same comunity get together for a preace rally in Birmingham,

30 second slot on the national news, no senior national politician attends. hmmmmm

WHY are we not making a big deal of this event

are our priorites right?

South-east boy
15th August 2011, 12:02
Only a tiny article in the newspaper about it as well. They seem to prefer reporting about bad news/doom and gloom stuff where it would be nice in these times to read about happier stuff!

subseastu
15th August 2011, 12:23
Bad news sells papers / increases viewing figures. Human nature I guess

Arthur Little
15th August 2011, 12:49
Human nature I guess

:yeahthat: ... MY thoughts EXACTLY.

scott&ligaya
15th August 2011, 13:55
BUT WHAT IS WORSE is that we allow the actions of these idiots to drive our countrys political agenda... well they say you get the government you deserve.

scott&ligaya
15th August 2011, 13:59
three replies versus 330 replies to the riots. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Human nature indeed Arthur.

stevewool
15th August 2011, 19:20
people only want to hear or read bad news, sad gits, thats why i dont read papers or talk to my sisters very little:icon_lol:, glum and glumer i call them both:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
15th August 2011, 21:02
three replies versus 330 replies to the riots. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Human nature indeed Arthur.
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

les_taxi
15th August 2011, 21:20
Well done to the 5000 and shame on the media for lack of coverage:NoNo:

Terpe
15th August 2011, 21:40
Based on the happenings in my area. Town or village. Almost everyday there is anti-social behaviour, street violence and what looks like "gang-activity" about drugs alcohol robbery and burglary etc.
Setting fires in wheelie bins is also pretty common.
The numbers involved are small. In our village perhaps about only 6-10 known troublemakers. Not much gets done to curb them or stop them. Very little can be done, it seems.

Arthur Little
15th August 2011, 21:49
Very little can be done, it seems.

String 'em up ... hang 'em high, as Dedworth recommends. :D

Arthur Little
15th August 2011, 21:53
Mind you :rolleyes: ... he [Dedworth] makes a :gp:!

Doc Alan
16th August 2011, 07:59
three replies versus 330 replies to the riots....
There were three replies to my good news about Dengue vaccine - why do I bother ? :NoNo:
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/32984-Dengue-Vaccine-Good-News-...-but-be-patient-!?p=308171#post308171

Arthur Little
16th August 2011, 22:46
There were three replies to my good news about Dengue vaccine - why do I bother ? :NoNo:
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/32984-Dengue-Vaccine-Good-News-...-but-be-patient-!?p=308171#post308171

Frustrating ... :iagree:, Alan ... especially after the time and trouble you've taken to impart the cautious optimism surrounding the ongoing trials of a vaccine that COULD [eventually] contain the spread of a dangerous, potentially lethal, mosquito-borne fever affecting so many people living in the Philippines themselves - as well as those of us likely to be travelling to these islands in the foreseeable future.

Yet, somewhat conversely, :rolleyes: the 'Tottenham Riots' thread drags tediously on, into its 12th page ... with 338 posts at the last count! :crazy: