PDA

View Full Version : First Riot Eviction Notice

Dedworth
12th August 2011, 21:20
Well done Wandsworth http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s245/CDShep66/Smileys/Encouragement/applause-3.gif

First rioter given eviction notice

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/news/article/10626/first_rioter_given_eviction_notice

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14509902

A London council is trying to evict a tenant whose son has appeared in court charged in connection with rioting and looting at Clapham Junction.

What I really like about this and the jailing of the lowlife is that unusually for the UK it is happening very,very quickly :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
12th August 2011, 21:30
What I really like about this and the jailing of the lowlife is that unusually for the UK it is happening very,very quickly
Knee-jerk reaction,loads of people suffer misery on sink-estates as a result of antisocial behaviour by their neighbours,time the laws were tightened up BUT where will the evicted family be rehomed as they are only going to become someone elses problem when they arrive at their new neighbourhood :rolleyes:

imagine
12th August 2011, 22:24
Knee-jerk reaction,loads of people suffer misery on sink-estates as a result of antisocial behaviour by their neighbours,time the laws were tightened up BUT where will the evicted family be rehomed as they are only going to become someone elses problem when they arrive at their new neighbourhood :rolleyes:

yes thats true, they will get rehoused, and i wouldnt be surprised if thats as far as it gets just the eviction notice, lets see if they go through with it,,,,,

Englishman2010
12th August 2011, 22:35
They should be rehoused on the central reservation of the M25.....or better still by the green footbridge with the Badgaos at Baclaran

Dedworth
13th August 2011, 01:10
Yes its gone on for years the scum get rehoused and they impose their problem on another area, but that's the system nowadays just like school - expulsion/exclusion just means passing the problem on. I would rather stick them up against a wall but at least this is giving them some degree of inconvenience which they never normally experience so under the present system it is the best we can hope for.

joebloggs
13th August 2011, 11:22
yes thats true, they will get rehoused, and i wouldnt be surprised if thats as far as it gets just the eviction notice, lets see if they go through with it,,,,,

the council might well have a legal obligation to house them if they have kids, and if they have kids judge might not issue an eviction notice anyway..

Dedworth
13th August 2011, 13:36
I bet their neighbours are happy that the worthless scum family are being moved on

Ako Si Jamie
13th August 2011, 13:49
If they're going to punish a parent for their children's actions, why aren't the millionaires whose daughter was caught with a stash of stolen goods be punished too. Obviously they can't be evicted by Wandsworth Council but they too should be made accountable for their child's crime. Only fair don't you think?

Time to clamp down on these rich greedy scumbags. They get away with far too much!

Dedworth
13th August 2011, 14:04
If they're going to punish a parent for their children's actions, why aren't the millionaires whose daughter was caught with a stash of stolen goods be punished too. Obviously they can't be evicted by Wandsworth Council but they too should be made accountable for their child's crime. Only fair don't you think?

Time to clamp down on these rich greedy scumbags. They get away with far too much!

The Millionaires own their property and the daughter is 19 so hopefully she will have a torrid time in an adult jail. The scrote from Wandsworth is 18 so again I'd hope he will end up in jail however he and his family live in publically owned and subsidised property which should only be tenanted by law abiding people. I fully support the leader of Wandsworth Council who says

"In Wandsworth we are determined to take the strongest possible action against any tenant or member of their household responsible for the truly shocking behaviour perpetrated on local homes and businesses earlier this week.

"This council will do its utmost to ensure that those who are responsible pay a proper price for their conduct. Ultimately this could lead to eviction from their homes."

Ako Si Jamie
13th August 2011, 14:09
The Millionaires own their property I know that Ded :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
13th August 2011, 15:20
they could also try and use 'article 8' , 'right to respect for private and family life' to stay in their home :D

mickcant
13th August 2011, 17:56
I bet their neighbours are happy that the worthless scum family are being moved on
As long as they do not end up next to me:omg:
Mick.:crazy:

grahamw48
13th August 2011, 18:07

Too true.

I'll believe this when I see it anyway. :rolleyes:

We should have camps with pre-fabricated cheap houses for society's idle scum, surrounded by a boundary wall like a jail, but allowed to leave to go to their place of employment.

They have to EARN their way out of it by getting a job, staying out of trouble and saving some money...like the rest of us.:angry:

Dedworth
13th August 2011, 18:59
Good idea Graham there's plenty of empty MoD sites, former Barracks etc that could be used. I doubt if razor wire costs the earth. I wouldn't bother with prefab cheap houses just stick 'em in whatever buildings are there

Manila_Paul
14th August 2011, 17:45
The scrote from Wandsworth is 18 so again I'd hope he will end up in jail however he and his family live in publically owned and subsidised property which should only be tenanted by law abiding people

It is not subsidised. In fact, it is illegal for councils to do this anymore.

This story is a little odd and I suspect there is more to it. The guy has only been charged. So they can't have issued the eviction notice on the basis of anything to do with the riots? I think Wandsworth are just trying to look tough by linking the two. There are probably other previous issues with this character.

Secondly, I doubt it will get past a judge. The same with most evictions. It is collective punishment, for one. For two, it is extra punishment for council tenants. For three, they have a duty of care to keep people off the streets. At worst, problem people or families just get shifted to new areas where they are a hassle for someone else. All a bit pointless and costly.

joebloggs
14th August 2011, 18:24
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/12/london-riots-wandsworth-council-eviction

Wandsworth Council announced today that it had served a tenant with an eviction notice, citing a breach of an agreement covering anti-social and criminal behaviour.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/872254-clapham-junction-riots-family-facing-eviction-from-council-house#ixzz1V1b38JYs

i think they can evict them for breach of the tenancy agreement

not subsidized, they are probably paying less than half of the private rate, that's if they pay anything at all

joebloggs
14th August 2011, 18:26
Pictures: Most wanted UK riots looters

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/pictures/photos-11198/pictures-most-wanted-uk-riots-looters/1

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/10/article-1312976072504-0D5D430D00000578-8099_413x469.jpg

i hope he's got a TV license :doh

grahamw48
14th August 2011, 18:30
Rent is the last thing they need worry about...or council tax.

Housing and Council Tax Benefit take care of that. :rolleyes:

Manila_Paul
14th August 2011, 18:44
Rent is the last thing they need worry about...or council tax.

Housing and Council Tax Benefit take care of that. :rolleyes:

Aye, if they're out of work. But it has been to illegal for councils to subsidise rents for years now. No one subsides it, in fact council housing is a net contributor to the treasury.