PDA

View Full Version : drunks with kids

stevewool
11th August 2011, 19:30
well sorry to put this here , just wondering what others may do or for advice really, my daughter lives in a nice flat first floor, she has made the house very nice she has a little boy also hes 9 months, the problem is naighbours that live below her, there are drunks, a young girl and a older man 2 very young children and every night they are fighting throwing stuff and just making life for her hard,when i say night this could be from 9pm to 1am,she has called the police many times and they have called and with in minutes they leave, well a new person has moved into the flats and we think he is calling the police now, anyway saturday night they was making so much noise my daughter went down staire to say can they be quite and she got the mouthfull from both, telling her she called the police and you are in for it, all that night they was banging on the ceiling calling her names , i only found this out from my other daughters and you can imagine what i felt, well the next day the drunks called the police and told them my daughter is causing them stress and they came and interviewed her knowing what these people are like, giving her advice who to call and any problems what so ever she must call the police, well she is a prisoner now, afraid to go out just incase they are there, they shout her name at night calling her names , she has ben told to write it all down, times and dates, i feel like my hands are tied and i cannot help my daughter but knowing all they want is a man to be there to make them feel like my daughter feels, sorry about the spelling and no sentances either:NoNo:

Englishman2010
11th August 2011, 19:39
I hope that she can find a solution sooner rather than later. I don't know the procedures, but has she tried reporting the neighbours for anti social behaviour to the Local Authority ? or tried recording the noises and disturbances? or kept a record of dates and times?
Sorry I can't help any more Steve

stevewool
11th August 2011, 19:47
thats what she has to do record all the times and dates , its like anything it all takes time, the trouble is my daughter was poorly a year or so back and since the birth of her son her life has changed 100%, i just dont want this to cause her to go back to her old self, yes a tuff one, the trouble is we are all old school my family, once they find out they will be sorting it out

Terpe
11th August 2011, 19:50
Steve,
I am really saddened and also angry to learn about this situation your daughter is in.

Almost exactly the same happened to me and Carina when we moved into an apartment block. These were marketed as luxury apartments with communal swimming pool and spa.

We were plagued with drunks, druggies, prostitution and wanna-be gangsters.
Went through all the stuff you described, with police and with the council and and we even formed a residents group.

Sorry to say due to threats, vandalism to our property and car and constant harassment at all hours we eventually quit. Lost a whole bunch of money, and lost ALL faith in the justice system, the police and the council.............TOTALLY.

We moved out with our tails between our legs, admitted defeat BUT luckily found a place to rent in a really great area with really great neighbours.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but just our experience.
It's a very hard and very long road to get anything done that helps. The current system of justice for the victim does not work well.

Just my 2 centavos Steve.
Try to be there for her and offer support etc but don't expect that the 'system' will help you much.

stevewool
11th August 2011, 19:55
thanks terpe, thats my worry, it will take to long , what i am thinking of doing is ringing childline and tell them about the 2 kiddies that are they while the parents are drunk everynight, just say i am a concerned naighbour

Steve.r
11th August 2011, 20:01
Are the drunks from the housing association Steve, if so they can be reported there, and they can be threatened with eviction and moved on. If your daughter can record any threats made to her (she can set her phone to record ) then she has evidence that she is fearful and then the police can be more active. Not a nice situation, I have encountered something similar before, it really can drag you down. I hope she finds a solution soon.

Arthur Little
11th August 2011, 21:01
Steve ... like the others who've already replied to this thread, I'm so sorry to read of your daughter's plight. People ought to feel safe in their own homes - NOT fearful of threats from drunken, disorderly neighbours ... whom she approached with a perfectly civil request to tone down their noise for the sake of not disturbing herself and her infant son.

Steve r, makes a very :gp:! If, indeed, the offenders are Housing Association tenants, then something CAN be done about this totally unsatisfactory state of affairs. You don't want your daughter and her child ending up having to move out - like Terpe & Carina were forced to do.

If, on the other hand, your daughter owns the flat, it's a bit more difficult, admittedly. But either way, she needs to enlist the support of the other occupants of the building ... and a joint complaint made to Social Services - whose job it is to intervene and take requisite action. For a start, there's the culprits' two children who, themselves, are innocent victims of their [presumably] parents' disgraceful behaviour ... and need to be removed from such a horrible environment. In the meantime, I know you'll be offering her as much support as any caring father can possibly muster. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
11th August 2011, 21:42
thats sad to hear steve,

a home is to unwind relax and feel safe, i can imagine how worried you are for your daughter and grandson,

i hope something can be done soon , i dont realy what else to say but stay strong for them steve

Dedworth
12th August 2011, 08:40
Awful situation I think she needs to continually hassle all and sundry - Council Officers, elected Councilliors, The Mayor, Housing Association (if applicable), Police (both locally and Force H.Q), MP, Euro MP.

Unfortunately this can happen to us all when lowlife move in. A friend lives in an expensive tree lined avenue of 1930's houses. Last year a broken, dysfunctional "family" of mother plus 3 scrotes were housed by DHSS in a privately rented house opposite. The predictable happened, noise, blaring music at all hours, revving cars, yobbos turning up and loafing outside etc etc. One of the 10 yr old kids goes to some sort of special school and the taxi plus helper woman would turn up every morning and wait 15 mins until the kid let himself out - no sign of the mother probably still in bed drugged up from the night before. As one would expect the uncurtained front room contained a Plasma TV big enough for my mate to watch from opposite. Thankfully for the residents they were moved on a month or so back to blight another part of town.

Terpe
12th August 2011, 09:12
Awful situation I think she needs to continually hassle all and sundry - Council Officers, elected Councilliors, The Mayor, Housing Association (if applicable), Police (both locally and Force H.Q), MP, Euro MP.

I do agree with this, well actually there's no other legal method.
(in my case there were times when I had seriously considered other methods)
From my own experience I can say it's a very tough uphill climb that seems to take ages.
Everyone involved in the process knows exactly what needs to be done, but needs to have seemingly endless amounts of highly detailed supporting evidence.
They also expect and arrange mediation at alomost every turn.

You need to be quite a strong and resilient personality to see it all through.

scott&ligaya
15th August 2011, 15:56
Steve, PM me, where does your daughter live? and does she work at the moment?. If she just wants some respite tell her she can come and stop at our place for a few weeks anytime she feels it is getting too much. if she can do that, Joy would love the company and our little ones love babies hehehehehe

Joy and the kids may be coming up to the hotel on Wednesday evening so if Emma and Grace are around on Thursday afternoon, could be another Westfield visit