PDA

View Full Version : Questions & Answers

Arthur Little
11th August 2011, 18:25
I mentioned earlier, the fact that the BBC's 'Question Time' is coming out of its seasonal "hibernation" in order to host a Special Edition tonight, at 10.35 - when a selected panel (comprising, presumably, some of the country's "top-notchers") will "discuss" [or "argue :23_116_6[1]: the toss" over] the ongoing, chaotic disorder threatening to tear Britain's inner cities apart.

However, it's more than likely my post has gone unnoticed (as a "fart :action-smiley-081: in a thunderstorm" most certainly would!) among 284 :cwm24: responses (at the last count) on the 'Tottenham' thread and the additional comments on its smaller offshoots ... hence this reminder.

:rolleyes: ... I just hope David Dimbleby remembers to wear his hard hat! :D

Englishman2010
11th August 2011, 18:29
Thanks for the reminder Arthur, but I will give it a miss.

I'm sick of negative talk about rioting now, I want to think positive thoughts:)

Anyway, it's the same old format, left blames right and right blames left.

I'm out of here in 4 days, it's time I started packing:Jump::D

Dedworth
11th August 2011, 18:52
Could be amusing the panellists announced so far mainly seem do gooder left icluding 2 Shags, Former Senior Copper who came out , Archbishop of York. I'd like to see the common sense side include Jon Gaunt & Kelvin MacKenzie

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/question_time/default.stm

bornatbirth
11th August 2011, 18:54
you forgot littlejohn and nick griffin.

Arthur Little
11th August 2011, 19:12
you forgot littlejohn and nick griffin.

I know Nick Griffin's Chairman of the BNP and - somewhat ironically - a Euro MEP ... but the OP ... :Erm: ... is that Richard Littlejohn, the author, broadcaster and journalist?

Terpe
11th August 2011, 19:22
I have a plan to watch. Although in principle I'm getting weary of the "same old, same old" from all the usual suspects.

These riots have disturbed me and got me thinking just how easy it is for even very small groups to organise themselves (via efficient communication technology) to do just what they want.
I'm a firm believer that we (UK) have allowed a minority groups to build up a very dangerous 'underclass' over the past couple of decades. Mostly due to the lack of discipline, lack of respect and a so called 'invincibility' against any kind of correction. (limp wristed laws and punishments)

Oops! nearly went off into a rant then.

Anyway I plan to watch question time just to gauge the passion, and the swing of the pendulum.

bornatbirth
11th August 2011, 19:27
is that Richard Littlejohn, the author, broadcaster and journalist?

yes and general loud mouth whenever he appears on tv.

Dedworth
11th August 2011, 19:34
yes and general loud mouth whenever he appears on tv.

Littlejohn's got you rattled - is he going to be on ?? 'cos if so I'm certainly going to watch it

Arthur Little
11th August 2011, 19:38
yes and general loud mouth

Ah ... NO relative of 'Little Arthur', then. :NoNo:

bornatbirth
11th August 2011, 20:12
Littlejohn's got you rattled

not really, you both sound similar :D:D

Ah ... NO relative of 'Little Arthur', then. :NoNo:

of course not, i dont think you could ever be considered a loud mouth :):)

Dedworth
11th August 2011, 23:56
Quite enjoyed it - some fairly sensible points made inc a lot from members of the audience. Two Shags / Ten Chins Prescott was a disgrace needlessly ranting on about bankers and public schools, as was the crackpot woman in the Technicolour Dreamcoat. Good points were made by David Davis, ex Cop Paddick who wasn't quite the handwringer I'd expected. The Black Archbishop was entertaining launching into semi sermon mode and finishing up saying he'd hit Dimbleby with his cricket bat

grahamw48
12th August 2011, 00:24
I didn't want winding up, so I watched 'Harry Brown' the movie.

Most satisfying, and topical. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVOSfHFNlcI

Arthur Little
12th August 2011, 01:32
Quite enjoyed it - some fairly sensible points made inc a lot from members of the audience. Two Shags / Ten Chins Prescott was a disgrace needlessly ranting on about bankers and public schools.

Particularly from the audience ... in my opinion. But, as for the panel ... :anerikke: ... what a motley crew! 'Popeye Prescott' looked as though a goodly proportion of spinach had lodged itself in his *jowls - instead of reaching the parts of his anatomy that *rhyme - although that, in no way interfered with his propensity for talking sh1t ... in keeping with his customary level of fluency. :icon_lol: Nevertheless, it has to be said that he made a few :gp:s in the course of his rant about the prosperous elite and those educated at public schools - since these people have absolutely NO :idea: of what life is like for the underprivileged. :nono-1-1:

Arthur Little
12th August 2011, 01:51
the crackpot woman in the Technicolour Dreamcoat.

If it weren't for the fact that *he's already dead ... she could easily have been mistaken for *Ronnie Barker in drag! :D

Arthur Little
12th August 2011, 02:02
The Black Archbishop was entertaining launching into semi sermon mode and finishing up saying he'd hit Dimbleby with his cricket bat

:iagree: ... now that WAS funny :laugher: ...

... all the more reason for Dimbleby wearing his safety helmet! :rolleyes: