PDA

View Full Version : BBC philippine pics

subseastu
8th August 2011, 09:14
http://www.bbc.com/travel/gallery/20110805-beach-culture-in-the-philippines

Terpe
8th August 2011, 09:44
I tried the link but it's not available.
Here's the reason:-

We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee. It is run commercially by BBC Worldwide, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, the profits made from it go back to BBC programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes. You can find out more about BBC Worldwide and its digital activities at www.bbcworldwide.com.

Dedworth
8th August 2011, 10:22
I tried the link but it's not available.
Here's the reason:-

We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee. It is run commercially by BBC Worldwide, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, the profits made from it go back to BBC programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes. You can find out more about BBC Worldwide and its digital activities at www.bbcworldwide.com.

So shouldn't any international payments be used to offset the huge funding the BBC gets from the UK licence payers and thus allow us to freely watch all content ? :cwm23:

Terpe
8th August 2011, 10:24
So shouldn't any international payments be used to offset the huge funding the BBC gets from the UK licence payers and thus allow us to freely watch all content ? :cwm23:

I would have thought so too. :Erm:

subseastu
8th August 2011, 10:58
You can only watch the bbc iplayer if your in the UK to. I was hoping to use that as and when we poke to the phils. Have to get my fix of top gear.

The link works for me but then again the internet server for my ship is based in the states.

Terpe
8th August 2011, 11:02
You can only watch the bbc iplayer if your in the UK to......

True. Unless you use a proxy server of some kind.
It's possible to watch iPlayer in Pinas using various proxy servers.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

(So I'm told) :D

subseastu
8th August 2011, 11:22
Or of course its posible to do a torrent download

Terpe
8th August 2011, 11:26
Or of course its posible to do a torrent download

So I'm told :D

Englishman2010
8th August 2011, 14:31
How can we see the pics then? is there a link to the worldwide site?

raynaputi
8th August 2011, 16:31
i've seen the photos.. :D 6 photos in the beach of Boracay, El Nido, Sombrero Island..

and i can watch bbc iplayer using a proxy :D