PDA

View Full Version : Help regarding Settlement visa application form Questions

stevewool
7th August 2011, 11:53
what ever it says on her passport is what you should put down, unless like you say change the passport now:)

stevewool
7th August 2011, 12:18
more then welcome, me and emma are flying out to the phils with her maiden name on her passport, and we are changing it next year the passport, its just a case off carrying the marriage lience with us

Maria B
7th August 2011, 12:18
Hi to everyone
Me and Maricris were looking at the settement visa application form and 1 of the questions is Maricris's given name as on passport and her surname on the passport is Palanas
But we are married now and Maricris is now called Jackson according to marriage certificate will this cause problems. Or should maricris update her passport first before making the aplication her passport expires on june 2015.

Many thanks
John and Maricris

:Hellooo:john & maricris

option 1: maricris may ammend her maiden name passport from palanas to jackson
option 2: maricris can still use her maiden name passport with her marriage contract handy all the time for any important document.
**Just like what stevewool said...any documentation, always follow the name in the passport.

wish u both good luck & all the best:Wave:

Darcy
7th August 2011, 12:30
Hi she need to update her passport first before she can apply for settlement visa since u already married, w/c ii guess in Philippines. I got my settlement visa last june 17 only...so every details regards my application is still fresh for me.. if u need to know more and i can be a help then dont hesistate to ask me..

Maria B
7th August 2011, 12:46
Hi she need to update her passport first before she can apply for settlement visa since u already married, w/c ii guess in Philippines. I got my settlement visa last june 17 only...so every details regards my application is still fresh for me.. if u need to know more and i can be a help then dont hesistate to ask me..

:Hellooo:it's maricris option (as what i mentioned of the above #5)

I was married in Cebu last March 2008. I didn't ammend my passport (change maiden name to married name) since my passport will expire in 2012. I decided to keep my maiden name & got no problem. Until I arrive in the UK last August 2008 same year still using same passport as my identification for work, bank, nhs, ni...etc...but I am using my married name Bailey.
It's also your choice what name u want to be addrees in the UK.
Yes, until now I am still using my maiden name passport with my marriage contract handy (mostly they will not asked your mc by simply saying or ticking in the important document the "married" thingy) Every documents that I am signing on, I simply put my married name Bailey, tick married & no problem at all. Once u settled down in the UK, u will not be questioned with ur future transactions.

it's a choice to everybody. :).:Wave::Hellooo:

Terpe
7th August 2011, 20:38

Hi Darcy, welcome to the forum.
There are many people here seeking help and advice.
It is not correct to say that the passport needs to be updated before settlement application can be made. In fact with current difficulties in Philippines just now, it will only create delays and unnecessary complications.

No offence intended Darcy, just please be careful when providing factual information.

Maria B
8th August 2011, 02:10
Thank you so much to everyone for all advice & help.
Me & my husband decide to put my surname(shown on my passport)
in the settlement visa application form.

Maricris:heartshape1:John:)

:Hellooo: great. any important documents that u do, always follow the full name shown in the passport:xxgrinning--00xx3::Wave:

sars_notd_virus
8th August 2011, 10:16
Thank you so much to everyone for all advice & help.
Me & my husband decide to put my surname(shown on my passport)
in the settlement visa application form.

Maricris:heartshape1:John:)

good luck:xxgrinning--00xx3: