PDA

View Full Version : Well done ATE!

Jenky
6th August 2011, 21:49
My 11 year old stepdaughter came here two years ago with English very much as her second language. She came to a new country, a new school and was the new girl in an already established class. She had time just to attend year 5 and 6 in Primary school but she still got a grade 4 in all of her sats test results. This is only an average result I know, but I saw on the news that one third of the kids taking the tests never even got that.

So well done to you Ate! and good luck in the big school in September!

imagine
6th August 2011, 22:01
My 11 year old stepdaughter came here two years ago with English very much as her second language. She came to a new country, a new school and was the new girl in an already established class. She had time just to attend year 5 and 6 in Primary school but she still got a grade 4 in all of her sats test results. This is only an average result I know, but I saw on the news that one third of the kids taking the tests never even got that.

So well done to you Ate! and good luck in the big school in September!

Well done ATE! :xxgrinning--00xx3::appl:

Arthur Little
6th August 2011, 22:05
:appl: ... that's a remarkable achievement! BIG Congratulations to your stepdaughter. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
7th August 2011, 07:52
well done ATA, hope your dad brought you something nice for all your hard work:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jenky
7th August 2011, 10:32
Cost me an IPOD and hours of time ripping Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber, Hanah Montana songs etc to put on it!!

stevewool
7th August 2011, 10:34
hours of time, i bet the kids could have done that in minutes, we are just to old to master those things

Jenky
7th August 2011, 10:45
Yeah shes up and running on her own now! Still good experience for me with Itunes! got my own ipod now and full of Depeche Mode and Metallica..For some reason she doesnt like this?? Kids of today eh!

stevewool
7th August 2011, 10:48
snap, only point is i cant add no more to mine , i seem to add new but delete the old , so i just listen to the same old stuff

joebloggs
7th August 2011, 10:51
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
well done to her, my stepdughter been in the uk 7yrs now, spoke little english when she came, but thats all she speaks now, she start secondary school in sept :D

Steve.r
7th August 2011, 10:55
Great achievement well done :Jump:

Jenky
9th August 2011, 16:47
Thanks to everybody for their kind words...

I was worried when she came here that it would be hard for her with different language, food, school, leaving all her friends behind etc. I thought that maybe it could become a problem in my relationship with my wife. But shes blown that out of the water. She eats the same good old English food as me, including chicken baltis in the curry house! and has lots of new friends at school.
But my wife and our own daughter (the little one in the picture) will still mostly only eat Filipino food!

scott&ligaya
9th August 2011, 16:56
congratulations:Jump::Jump::appl::appl:

Terpe
9th August 2011, 16:59
Never underestimate the adaptability and development potential of children. Especially those in nuturing environment. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
It's a credit to the whole family.

sars_notd_virus
9th August 2011, 16:59
Well done Ate:xxgrinning--00xx3:
its great to hear that kids settles here very well (including the weather)..my daughter corrects me with my slang sometimes :D..we are also looking forward and excited for the BIG school (next year) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

goodluck and hope kids enjoy their summer holiday

rusty
11th August 2011, 18:11
Well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I have a similar situation that my step son will arrive here soon and will start year 4 in September.

Can I ask if you think we need to bring any school reports or other documents from his old school to show his new school?

Moy
11th August 2011, 19:12
really good to read this post as i could relay as well:xxgrinning--00xx3: my only problem is as much i want my kids to adopt the life and culture here(UK) specially the language seems my eldest completly forgotten:cwm3::doh(they all born in Philippines) ages 6,3, and and 2.. a year of missing the PH life and culture..:rolleyes:..but with school they seems all settled:D