PDA

View Full Version : Yessssss! the email of joy has landed!

tone
5th August 2011, 06:37
With tears of joy Rina got her email this morning saying her visa will be despatched shortly!

Thank you all for the warmth and help and support!
I'm hoping end of next week she will be here!!

Yeeehaaa looks like they are starting to trickle out now!

:) :heartshape1: :laugher:
Tone
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
5th August 2011, 06:57
Congrats! you did it. :xxgrinning--00xx3: A couple of days (weekend?) & you should have it in your hand, if you are having it couriered to you? :)

rusty
5th August 2011, 07:13
congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3: :Jump:

mylittleuk
5th August 2011, 07:16
Wow....:Jump:.. I am happy for you too congratulations!

alanmf1
5th August 2011, 07:43
Fingers crossed mate, many congratulations!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
5th August 2011, 07:43
Congratulations Tone & Rina :Jump::Jump:

Englishman2010
5th August 2011, 08:10
Congratulations:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I hope that she has a safe flight over here

stevewool
5th August 2011, 08:10
well done , we are so pleased for you both:):icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

toging
5th August 2011, 09:35
congratulation for:Jump: both of you!!!!!!!

Arthur Little
5th August 2011, 10:35
:Jump: ... Congratulations, Tone & Rina!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
5th August 2011, 10:49
Hooray ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
5th August 2011, 11:01
:Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:

steve monty
5th August 2011, 11:54
Congratulations Tone!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
5th August 2011, 12:19
Congratulations:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

tone
5th August 2011, 13:21
Thanks Guys.. woke up at 5.30 after only falling asleep at 2am with this news - and a whole list of BBM messages!
So much change in my life and this is a blinding bit of good news, it has been 15 days which is not bad at all really.

Question - Rina has to go and collect the passport and documents the email says 3 days for collection - I guess at VFS. So I am thinking its Tuesday before she can pick it up - its not being couriered so next Thursday she can do the CFO and when thats done (after reading stories) I'll book her flight.
I just want to check my thinking is straight?

I complete on my new house next friday and my Mahal and soul mate will hopefully arrive that night!

Ive never booked a long haul flight for anyone else (without travelling with them) so I assume its a simple case of get on KLM - book her from MNL to AMS - to BHX. Those of you that have done the trip - does the baggage just transfer automatically or does she have to collect it and recheck it?

I am planning on flying up to AMS and meet her there and bring her back - crazy I know but when she gets to UK immigration at least I will be almost by her side.

Thank you again!

Tone

scott&ligaya
5th August 2011, 13:21
great news Tone, hope to see you in Birmingham on Oct 1/2 FOR A VERY HAPPY GATHERING

scott&ligaya
5th August 2011, 13:42
The bags will be checked straight through, just check the connection time is long enough... She would not normally go out of the transit area and re check in as she will have both boarding passses given to her at Manila, not sure if she can "enter" netherlands as it were , just check with KLM,... you miight also need to send copies of your credit card you use to pay for the ticket, again check with KLM. Good luck with your planning, give me a shout if you need a hand with anything

Scott

KeithD
5th August 2011, 13:49
Woohoo :Hellooo:

Terpe
5th August 2011, 13:54
Many congratulations to you both, Tone and Rina :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Enjoy the moment after the stresses of waiting

grahamw48
5th August 2011, 14:47
Tone...should be a breeze with KLM.

Your lady will just get off the plane and be directed through to the (HUGE) Transit Lounge at Schipol. Bags are transferred plane to plane automatically.

Think of it more as a short stopover, rather than a change of plane or flight, but she needs to keep any boarding cards safe. :)

tone
5th August 2011, 16:11
great news Tone, hope to see you in Birmingham on Oct 1/2 FOR A VERY HAPPY GATHERING

Thanks mate

That weekend may be the weekend we get married but if it isnt would surely come along now we know that the visa is on its way we can start planning properly!

Thanks
Tone

tone
5th August 2011, 16:12
Tone...should be a breeze with KLM.

Your lady will just get off the plane and be directed through to the (HUGE) Transit Lounge at Schipol. Bags are transferred plane to plane automatically.

Think of it more as a short stopover, rather than a change of plane or flight, but she needs to keep any boarding cards safe. :)

Thats cool thanks for the heads up.

guyki
5th August 2011, 19:22
hey congrats Tone on the good news,we're still waiting though hopefully on Monday i will be on cloud 9 as well

tone
5th August 2011, 23:32
hey congrats Tone on the good news,we're still waiting though hopefully on Monday i will be on cloud 9 as well
You two were the first I thought about once I had come out the clouds.
I will look forward to hearing your good news on Monday morning. Keep the faith I'm sure the Gods will be hearing your prayers.

Thanks for your wishes.
Tone

South-east boy
7th August 2011, 11:12
Congratulations! :Jump: Not long to go now! At least she will find it easier to adjust to the weather arriving at this time of year. Must be quite a shock for those who arrive between December to March!

stevie c
7th August 2011, 18:16
great news congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maria B
7th August 2011, 18:42
:Jump: yippeeee. Congratulations Tone & Rina. :Wave::xxgrinning--00xx3: