PDA

View Full Version : What do the dates in a Visa actually say?

BoholoX
5th August 2011, 04:37
Hi

Just playing around with a few options as to how to best to get my wife to visit the UK. Reason for her to return is going to be our stumbling block.

If when we apply we say that are we need the visa to be valid from the 01.04.12 till 14.05.12 for a 1 month visit (i.e. intended travel dates plus time to secure the CFO sticker, seminar already completed), will the visa state these specific dates or will it say valid until 30.09.12 i.e. the full 6 months validity of a Family Visit visa, which is the only option box we can tick on the VAF1B?

Will this cause a problem if she doesnt leave on the 14.05.12 but definitely does leave before 30.09?

Assure you nothing illegal going on, just trying to work the system to our favour. She will return to the RP but I may not.

Never seen a UK visa before but I know plenty of you have :)

Thanks

rusty
5th August 2011, 05:54
The visa will be valid for the full 6 months from date of issue.

The length of stay will be determined when you arrive at immigration, whatever the date they stamp in the passport will be the date you will have to leave.

I think the CFO and seminar is only required for people leaving the country for settlement, it is not a requirement for visitors.

Bluebirdjones
5th August 2011, 11:11
U don't need a CFO sticker for a visit... only for work or permanent settlement

joebloggs
5th August 2011, 13:15
your wife could be refused a visit visa becuase its the wrong type of visa if your living in the UK, as they will doubt she will return. as you've already said, for a spouse it should be a settlement visa or a visit visa if she was visiting the uk with you, thou some people have managed to get a visit visa for their wife, but your risks of refusal could increase.

also if your wife does get a VV, and you put her visit is for one month and she stays 6 months, her chances of refusal if she applies again could increase, becuase you supplied details for a one month visit, but should have done for 6 months . in other words evidence of a lot more money to support her visit.

BoholoX
8th August 2011, 01:35
Thanks Joe

Maybe didnt make myself clear, we are both living in the RP at the moment so the Visiting Family visa is the correct one or so VFS told me.

joebloggs
8th August 2011, 11:00
if your both outside the uk then yes a visit visa is the one, but will you be returning with her? that might be a problem if your not, they might not believe as you've already said she will return if your still in the UK.