PDA

View Full Version : Browsing The Site

Pete/London
30th July 2011, 16:22
While I browse the Forum I regularly get a Yahoo page pop up. Its been happening for about a week, and only happens on this site.

Anyone else experiencing the same ,or how to resolve the issue:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
30th July 2011, 21:23
Nothing like that for me.
Wish I had enough knowledge to make some suggestions.

les_taxi
30th July 2011, 21:44
Just run any anit virus/malware progs you got

Steve.r
30th July 2011, 22:44
Sorry Pete, I am not aware of this pop up either, can you take a 'printscreen' of the offender and post it up so we can see. Use a photo hosting site like Photobucket to post pics.

Maybe the Boss can have a look, but like Les suggests, run or do a full scan with an anti-virus

Pete/London
31st July 2011, 00:20
I run a full scan once a week and it also scans during idle time plus I defrag weekly.
This has only started after Keith made some site adjustments so I put two and two together and made three.
Appreciate your views though your all in agreement its my end, strange one:Erm:

It happened again while viewing the thread, this is the address
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/web?fr=slv502-msgr

When I have a few days clear I will reformat, a job I hate:yikes:

les_taxi
31st July 2011, 03:06
Aha I think its just in your browser settings,Just check if your home page has been changed or if any additional home page tabs are showing.
I remember getting 'Ask Jeeves' all the time and I just disabled it in my browser settings.
I'm sure you don't need to reformat unless it's a while and you want to clear up the crap anyway.

Pete/London
31st July 2011, 09:39
Aha I think its just in your browser settings,Just check if your home page has been changed or if any additional home page tabs are showing.
I remember getting 'Ask Jeeves' all the time and I just disabled it in my browser settings.
I'm sure you don't need to reformat unless it's a while and you want to clear up the crap anyway.

It was the first thing I checked Les, all ok.
I also had the `Ask Jeeves` a few weeks ago after either a browser update or windows update and just took it off.
As this problem is just on `Filipino Uk` I would presume it to be a corrupt file or I will check my downloads over the last few weeks for something clashing.:xxgrinning--00xx3: