PDA

View Full Version : How do you make an avatar have a sharper picture?

South-east boy
30th July 2011, 13:46
Just wondered if anyone knows how to make an avatar have a sharper picture on Photoshop? As when I re-size the pixel size to get the kb to the max 19.5kb stated, the quality is really soft/rubbish and the pic is quite small, when I have noticed that some other people's are quite sharp and the pics are bigger.

Thanks for any help!

Terpe
30th July 2011, 14:00
Can't answer your question SEB, but can say..............like your new avatar :xxgrinning--00xx3:

South-east boy
30th July 2011, 14:29
Can't answer your question SEB, but can say..............like your new avatar :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :)

Arthur Little
30th July 2011, 15:40
Hmm ... I selected my latest avatar on account of the fact that I like to look smart and well-dressed; however, I have to admit to being a bit disappointed with the facial aspect ... as it doesn't show-up my best features [the eyes] to full advantage - possibly because of the reflection from my spectacles. :grosyeux:

Arthur Little
30th July 2011, 15:45
:Erm: ... not that I'm vain or anything :NoNo: ...

Arthur Little
30th July 2011, 15:49
... NOT HALF! :) But, seriously, I think EVERYONE wants to look their best wherever possible.

grahamw48
30th July 2011, 23:04
I avoid looking in the mirrors now.

There's always this haggard old bloke looking back at me, instead of my youthful handsome self.

Must get some newer better quality ones. :NoNo:

fred
31st July 2011, 09:30
Must get some newer better quality ones. :NoNo:

Better quality what? :Erm:
Mirrors?

grahamw48
31st July 2011, 09:34
Of course. :)

imagine
31st July 2011, 11:09
do you save your photo as j peg? if so try save as png, it is much better quality,
i dont know if this is your problem but worth the mention:xxgrinning--00xx3:

South-east boy
1st August 2011, 15:54
do you save your photo as j peg? if so try save as png, it is much better quality,
i dont know if this is your problem but worth the mention:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yeah, save as jpeg.

South-east boy
1st August 2011, 15:57
:Erm: ... not that I'm vain or anything :NoNo: ...

I think we are or own worth critics and while others might think photos of us are fine, we can find plenty about them that we are not so keen on. I find it hard to get people to take photos of me that I like and have to get them to take several so I might get some that I think are ok. If I could take photos of myself, I would as then I could get what I'm looking for! :icon_lol: Actually a mirror by yhe camera of whoever is taking the photo would help, as then you'd be at least able to see what you might look like in the photo!

grahamw48
1st August 2011, 17:00
Give it another 15 years and you'll find even harder.
I always blame the camera now, for making me look like a wrinkly bald-headed old git. :icon_lol: