PDA

View Full Version : Im in the U.K. now!!!

Josieyam65
28th July 2011, 15:49
Hello Everyone, :Hellooo:

Just want to tell you that i'm living with my husband now. I arrived 28 June and im here for a month today!! Tomorrow i have an appointment with the Jobs & Benefit Office for my National Insurance Number. They say the interview will last for an hour, i wonder why, hahaha. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anyway, just want to say, thank you so much for all your help and support and thank you for those who answered all my queries... :thankyou:

Dedworth
28th July 2011, 15:54
Just want to tell you that i'm living with my husband now. I arrived 28 June and im here for a month today!!

Well done - I hope you are going to take him out for a nice meal tonight :lovecouple:

Josieyam65
28th July 2011, 15:58
Well done - I hope you are going to take him out for a nice meal tonight:lovecouple:

Thank you, Dedworth. And that's a very nice suggestion, thanks again. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bluebirdjones
28th July 2011, 15:59
Congrats...

Tomorrow i have an appointment with the Jobs & Benefit Office for my National Insurance Number. They say the interview will last for an hour,

... yes, so strange..... in some parts of the country you have to attend an interview (esp London), whereas in other areas you can apply on-line / postal.

If they're gonna be strict about issuing NI numbers, than surely all should attend an interview ?

Josieyam65
28th July 2011, 16:03
... yes, so strange..... in some parts of the country you have to attend an interview (esp London), whereas in other areas you can apply on-line / postal.

If they're gonna be strict about issuing NI numbers, than surely all should attend an interview ?

Thanks Bluebirdjones. And they told me to bring along my passport, Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate and Travel Documents...

Arthur Little
28th July 2011, 16:13
:Hellooo: again, Josie ... a belated welcome to the UK. How time flies! :)

:thankyou: for your update.

Josieyam65
28th July 2011, 16:15
:Hellooo: again, Josie ... a belated welcome to the UK.

Thank you very much, Sir Arthur... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
28th July 2011, 16:17
congrats Josieyam65, no worries about the hour interview, its red tape :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
28th July 2011, 16:19
thats good to know..youll be fine am sure:xxgrinning--00xx3:..the interview is pretty easy been there before and am very anxious..yet very simple and easy hehe

goodluck..and welcome to the UK:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Josieyam65
28th July 2011, 16:21
congrats Josieyam65, no worries about the hour interview, its red tape :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks, imagine. I'm really wondering about this interview. It's more than a job interview, hahaha.

Josieyam65
28th July 2011, 16:26
goodluck..and welcome to the UK:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you for the tip, Moy. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:thankyou:

Arthur Little
28th July 2011, 16:43
Tomorrow i have an appointment with the Jobs & Benefit Office for my National Insurance Number. They say the interview will last for an hour, i wonder why, hahaha. :xxgrinning--00xx3: And they told me to bring along my Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate and Travel Documents...

... routine practice, really ... in certain parts of the country :) ... no need to concern yourself. :NoNo:

Arthur Little
28th July 2011, 16:47
Anyway, just want to say, thank you so much for all your help and support and thank you for those who answered all my queries... :thankyou:

:) It's our pleasure ... good luck for tomorrow. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanmf1
28th July 2011, 18:14
Welcome to the UK:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Josieyam65
28th July 2011, 19:12
Welcome to the UK:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks alanmf1.. :Hellooo:

:thankyou:

Terpe
28th July 2011, 21:31
A big welcome to UK :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Josieyam65
28th July 2011, 22:22
A big welcome to UK :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you, Terpe... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Farmerg
29th July 2011, 00:30
:welcomex: to the :unitedkingdom:

maintman
29th July 2011, 04:08
it's just routine i'm sure, the hard part is finding a good job. good luck to you :)

sars_notd_virus
29th July 2011, 09:47
Welcome to the UK Josiemay!!
I didnt attend any interview for my NI:Erm:..I called the job centre let them know my status,they sent me a form ,filled it up sent back to them with some documents and waited for a month to get my NI card....but like what everybody said on here, some rulings are different with each region so, good luck on your interview and enjoy the British summer weather:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Josieyam65
30th July 2011, 15:18
:welcomex: to the :unitedkingdom:

Thank you, Farmerg.. :xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

Josieyam65
30th July 2011, 15:22
it's just routine i'm sure, the hard part is finding a good job. good luck to you :)

Thank you maintman. I went there yesterday and it really took an hour, hahaha, i can't believe it! The lady just asked me questions from the forms.

And i have to fill up a form with tagalog questions, my name, my father and mothers name... just that, hahaha.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Josieyam65
30th July 2011, 15:30
Welcome to the UK Josiemay!!
I didnt attend any interview for my NI:Erm:..I called the job centre let them know my status,they sent me a form ,filled it up sent back to them with some documents and waited for a month to get my NI card....but like what everybody said on here, some rulings are different with each region so, good luck on your interview and enjoy the British summer weather:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you sars_notd_virus. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
We called the job center but she said to go there and bring the documents she needed. And it took time for her to fill up the forms and photocopied all my documents.

ConfusedMe
30th July 2011, 23:51
Hi Josie! Welcome to UK!
Hello Everyone, :Hellooo:

Just want to tell you that i'm living with my husband now. I arrived 28 June and im here for a month today!! Tomorrow i have an appointment with the Jobs & Benefit Office for my National Insurance Number. They say the interview will last for an hour, i wonder why, hahaha. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Josieyam65
10th August 2011, 12:23
Hi Josie! Welcome to UK!

Thank you, ConfusedMe :xxgrinning--00xx3: