PDA

View Full Version : China officials find 5 fake Apple stores in 1 city

Maria B
26th July 2011, 05:27
Monday, July 25, 2011
BEIJING — A Chinese city government website says local trade officials have found five fake Apple stores in a southwestern city.
(AP)

scott&ligaya
26th July 2011, 08:08
slow indeeed, when we lived in Hong Kong, you get the KCR train to the border at Lo Wu, pop into Shenzen with a magazine, point to some photos from the milan/new york fashion show of some dresses and a copy would be made in hours/couple of days. Whilst there you could pick copy bags, watches, calloway golf clubs,computers, cameras, shoes and just about anything else.. all sold in massive commercial centre within 500 metre walk of the border gates. Closer to home yiu just needed to cross the star ferry to Tsim Sha Tsui on the Kowloon side of Hong Kong and as you step off you will be assulted by African and Indian sheisters trying to sell you much of the same. Tip... if you are there on stop over for a couple of days avoid these guys if you want a suit custom tailored and go to a reputable shop (Empire Tailors nr the Royal Garden hotel is a great store) select your materials/linings.cut/buttons/moniogram etc and wait a couple fo days

grahamw48
26th July 2011, 10:33
Don't forget the touts in TST trying to direct you to 'their' hotel/guesthouse too. :ReadIt:

Carrying a a bag with an airline label on it can make you very popular. :icon_lol:

scott&ligaya
26th July 2011, 10:43
indeed. my record for being invited to for a massage was about three minutes from leaving the Kowloon hotel to walking around the corner to cross over to ChungKing mansions for a curry. whilst waiting at the lights a very good looking thai lady made an interesting suggestion:yikes::yikes::yikes:

scott&ligaya
26th July 2011, 16:37
and then of course there are the "you have a lucky face" tricksters and the fake bhuddist monks, the crippled beggars placed there on flyovers/walkways at 8am and picked up at 6pm by criminal gangs. Funny what you get used to and just ignore as you head to work. By the way TST does have some great memories like Ned Kellys, Jimmys kitchen, La Taverna, Gripps sports bar in the Marco Polo, Delaneys, and up in Knutsford Terrace was the fabulous but alas no more grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr getting old cannot rememeber the name LOL

grahamw48
26th July 2011, 19:10
On my way home from work one day, the traffic was all stopped, and as we approached this footbridge over the road (on foot), there was a bloke sitting on the bridge parapet threatening to jump....and then, he DID ! :yikes:

Maria B
26th July 2011, 19:17
blimey!...heard stories from a new friend from China about it. Haven't been to China. The only thing that I want to visit in there is the great wall of china & the terracota worriors, yangtze river & forbidden city:Rasp::Rasp:

Tawi2
26th July 2011, 20:07
a very good looking thai lady made an interesting suggestion
My mate Giles still lives in Honkers and avails himself of a 2-4-1 discount in a house of ill-repute in Mong-Kok,Thai's are the cheapest :Erm: I used to be a fully paid up card-holding member of a house of ill repute in that area,I used to get my card stamped after every visit with the 10'th visit being free,I turned up for my 10'th visit and the place had been raided and shut down :bigcry: I STILL feel cheated to this day :bigcry:

Ned Kellys
And the Red Lion just down from there where I sang maybe its because I am a londoner to a chinese karaoke tune and got a standing ovation from a load of drunks :icon_lol:

scott&ligaya
27th July 2011, 14:45
hehehehehe, been caught doing "o flower of Scotland" a few times myself as well as dancing (well staggering about on the bar in Carnegies. ahhhhh happy days.