PDA

View Full Version : Norway shooting, bomb attack

Maria B
23rd July 2011, 08:14
At least 87 dead in Norway shooting, bomb attack

By Walter Gibbs and Anna Ringstrom

OSLO (Reuters) - A gunman dressed in police uniform opened fire at a youth camp of Norway's ruling political party on Friday, killing at least 80 people, hours after a bomb killed seven in the government district in the capital Oslo.

Tawi2
23rd July 2011, 08:22
Watching it now on TV,sad news.91 deaths attributed to just one individual.

Maria B
23rd July 2011, 08:29
:yikes::yikes:especially at the summer camp island shooting youths...traumatic. The gunmen wearing the police uniform:NoNo:..........

Tawi2
23rd July 2011, 08:32
One of the things that always sticks in my head about the Oklahoma bombing was that Timothy McVeighs wife was cebuana.

Maria B
23rd July 2011, 08:50
One of the things that always sticks in my head about the Oklahoma bombing was that Timothy McVeighs wife was cebuana.

Marife Torress... :doh 2nd wife of Terry Nichols & had an affair with Timothy McVeigh

Tawi2
23rd July 2011, 08:53
had an affair with Timothy McVeigh
Sorry,his KABIT was from Cebu,I was in pinas at the time and the press had a field day with a pinoy connection.

Maria B
23rd July 2011, 09:38
Sorry,his KABIT was from Cebu,

:icon_lol::Rasp:

Arthur Little
23rd July 2011, 17:01
:omg: ... Oslo was where my late, first wife and me spent our honeymoon a week before Christmas 1967! Or rather :rolleyes: ... it was our port of destination on a short mini-cruise sailing from Newcastle's Tyne Commission Quay ... so we were only actually in the Norwegian Capital for approximately one-and-a-half days in total. But from what we saw of it, it gave the impression of being a nice, peaceful [smallish] city. Who'd ever have thought that all those decades later, it'd be the focus for a horrific massacre on such a scale! :NoNo:

Arthur Little
23rd July 2011, 17:11
Indeed it was MY first - and my late wife's ONLY - trip abroad. So it has fond memories for me. :rolleyes: And now ... looking at the photograph of the perpetrator of this terrible carnage, :grosyeux: I can scarcely believe that such a handsome, fresh-faced, clean-cut young man could be responsible for wreaking such havoc! :cwm24:

Arthur Little
23rd July 2011, 17:31
:omg: ... Oslo ... from what we saw of it, it gave the impression of being a nice, peaceful [smallish] city.

:doh ... just goes to show - NOWHERE can be considered "safe" these days!!!

stevewool
27th July 2011, 21:26
terrible, thats all i can say