PDA

View Full Version : The British 'summer' just gets worse & worse

Ako Si Jamie
22nd July 2011, 20:12
We're nearly into August and the last day I can remember to have clear blue sky for a whole day was back in April in the Midlands & Mid Wales. :rolleyes:

When I was growing up on the South Coast in the 80's, July & August used to be the best months, plenty of sunshine and a lot hotter but in recent years those months have been dull and not as warm.

I wonder what the Pinays think of our summer who have just recently moved over! :yikes:

stevewool
22nd July 2011, 20:17
tell me about it party tomorrow bbq :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:, looks like i am under the umbrella:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
22nd July 2011, 20:31
It seems my BBQ's are always under the umbrella.... ella.....ella......ella.
Just like tonight :doh
But hey, who cares as long as we can laugh, have fun and enjoy life. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
22nd July 2011, 20:35
iv amost forgotten what summer is,
remembering my school days poking out hot melted tar from the road, rolling it in my hands into a ball, putting it in my pocket for later, ooops now that got me in trouble come wash day lol,
summers were very hot and long then

stevewool
22nd July 2011, 21:34
lots of fun tomorrow about 20 coming some from the forum too, so lots of pictures will be posted:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
22nd July 2011, 22:18
UK weather is moody miserable:yikes::cwm23::cwm24: like me:laugher::D
when its sunny here dont you ever trust:D as the weather tend to just chuk messy:D compare to the PH weather the name you can trust when its sunny..even the rain pours:cwm24::D

imagine
22nd July 2011, 22:21
it never rains it just pours lol

Moy
22nd July 2011, 22:29
:doh:D:rolleyes:

laurel
22nd July 2011, 23:56
We're nearly into August and the last day I can remember to have clear blue sky for a whole day was back in April in the Midlands & Mid Wales. :rolleyes:

When I was growing up on the South Coast in the 80's, July & August used to be the best months, plenty of sunshine and a lot hotter but in recent years those months have been dull and not as warm.

I wonder what the Pinays think of our summer who have just recently moved over! :yikes:

I had exactly this conversation this week, and it was a rose tinted look back at things nor a typical chat about the weather...............I for one am totally peed off with our weather, completely unpredictable in the summer months , and like you I agree June , July august were nearly always guaranteed good weather and decent spells of it..........now we get drought warnings and excited if it doesnt rain for 48hrs............this summer and I use the word in its loosest sense has been just sun/showers thunder, rain ...and if you're lucky maybe a bit more sun......rant over , must be getting to be a grumpy old git :NoNo:

sars_notd_virus
23rd July 2011, 08:10
the weather changes every 15minutes, cant keep my hoody on,.. I have a ''just in case'' item in my bag all the time(umbrella)...the kids are having their school break and our holidays will push thru with or without the sun grrrr

Arthur Little
23rd July 2011, 12:39
must be getting to be a grumpy old git :NoNo:

SAD ... "Seasonal Affective Disorder" - to give it its full title - is enough to turn the most "happy-go-lucky" of folk into grumpy :olddude:s. However, let's look on the bright side ... :sunshine: is predicted for the whole of this weekend ... :woohoo:!

Ako Si Jamie
23rd July 2011, 13:33
SAD ... "Seasonal Affective Disorder" - to give it its full title - is enough to turn the most "happy-go-lucky" of folk into grumpy :olddude:s. However, let's look on the bright side ... :sunshine: is predicted for the whole of this weekend ... :woohoo:!
Where Arthur? Spain? :icon_lol: It's dull here. Again! :rolleyes:

South-east boy
26th July 2011, 12:47
After having 2 very cold and long winters we especially look forward to a decent summer, but still don't get one. Just wish this cloud would go away. Even if we do get a lovely sunny morning, it seems to cloud over at some point! :rolleyes:

KeithD
26th July 2011, 15:21
I had a lovely week in Cavite :xxgrinning--00xx3: ... lots of Sun :D ..... back in Manila now with a Level 2 Tropical storm, but not bothered now. I keep telling Rayna this weather is normal back home :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
26th July 2011, 19:43
It's been a lovely day today.......about time as well

Maria B
26th July 2011, 23:55

they might thought...oh! British summer is still cold :Hellooo:

Terpe
27th July 2011, 10:15
Hopefully August may herald the arrival of summer :icon_lol:

South-east boy
27th July 2011, 10:29
Viva was lucky to have come over here in April as it's been the best month so far, but she know's how it can be as 3 years ago she was here for 3 days in the summer and it mostly rained!