PDA

View Full Version : Fake Alcohol Puts Lives At Risk

Arthur Little
22nd July 2011, 11:13
Chemicals used in cleaning fluids have apparently been discovered in beers, :Wine:s & spirits across the United Kingdom ... a 'Sky' News source reports.

Neu75
23rd July 2011, 20:11
My first post.
Even real alcohol puts lives at risk too :Cuckoo:

Arthur Little
23rd July 2011, 22:17
My first post.
Even real alcohol puts lives at risk too :Cuckoo:

Your 1st post ... and you're agreeing with me already ... :yikes:!

Well ... you're right, of course - not just in concurring with the views of a Moderator :icon_lol: - alcohol CAN put lives at risk in more ways than are often acknowledged. But if enjoyed sensibly - and in moderation - it's ok. Cheers! :Beer: ...

... and :welcomex: to the friendly, online filipino/uk community. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
23rd July 2011, 22:22
:cwm24: ... you REALLY are 'Neu' ... aren't you? :joke:!

Arthur Little
23rd July 2011, 22:43
:cwm24: ... you REALLY are 'Neu' ... aren't you? :joke:!

In WHICH case :rolleyes: ... given that you're the only person, thus far, who's taken it upon himself to respond to my "dire warning" about possible contamination of the "demon drink" :bigcry: ... you might like to post a "neu" thread for the purpose of making yourself known to fellow forumers. :)

Moy
23rd July 2011, 23:21
Chemicals used in cleaning fluids have apparently been discovered in beers, :Wine:s & spirits across the United Kingdom ... a 'Sky' News source reports.

on that case Arthur..ill make my own beer or wine then:D homemade:yikes::rolleyes:
think ill start save:rolleyes: the money:D to buy:Hellooo: for my kit :D

Doc Alan
23rd July 2011, 23:22
... given that you're the only person, thus far, who's taken it upon himself to respond to my "dire warning" about possible contamination of the "demon drink" :bigcry: ...
I have not responded because I was unaware of background to the news you quoted about " fake alcohol ", but of course a few months ago I posted in " Health Issues " a thread on alcohol ( " Tagay tayo ! ... " ) which has attracted over 3,000 views + 31 replies.
Since then the Royal College of Psychiatrists has recommended an upper safe limit for " older men " ( over 65 ) of 1.5 units / day and for " older women " of 1 unit / day. This in my opinion is unrealistic ! The reasons given by the College are that a third of those with drink problems develop them in later life, often as a result of changes such as retirement, bereavement, feelings of boredom, loneliness or depression :doh.
There is also current concern among doctors about NON- alcoholic fatty liver disease which can lead to cirrhosis in absence of excessive alcohol consumption. It's related to obesity and poorly managed type 2 diabetes.

Arthur Little
24th July 2011, 00:26
... the Royal College of Psychiatrists has recommended an upper safe limit for " older men " ( over 65 ) of 1.5 units / day

I'm glad you quoted the part you did in "inverted commas", Alan. :) Still :rolleyes: ... no point in their being euphemistic - even when they're including "young [at heart] pensioners" like you or I !! ;)

imagine
24th July 2011, 00:33
il drink to that:66:

and a welcome to you neu :Wave:

Arthur Little
24th July 2011, 01:03
:) I remember that particular post of yours very well, Alan. True to form, it was spot-on in its relevance ... and to my mind, warranted a much greater response than it fetched at the time. To a somewhat limited extent, this thread of mine was aimed at highlighting the unspoken [by me] - albeit obvious - dangers inherent in the consumption of alcohol that had been "tampered with".

Confession time: I only happened to notice the headline in the process of logging-on to the forum yesterday forenoon ... and thought, 'hmm ... '

Arthur Little
24th July 2011, 01:24
... and so, I posted my thread thinking, :rolleyes: 'ach there's no need for me to elaborate ... the title says it all!' Even then, I was more than a little surprised to find no~one had bothered to reply to it - despite 70-odd views - until a Newbie did tonight.

:68711_thanx:, as always, for your explanation. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
27th July 2011, 21:25

emma users TANGO:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: