PDA

View Full Version : Cost of food keeps on rising

Maria B
21st July 2011, 20:38
Earlier after Coronation Street, I watched - on tonight’s program “ The Rising Cost of Food: Tonight –ITV 1...

:NoNo:It's all about Bills going up 20%, VAT, Energy and….family nowadays are feeling the squeeze.
:laundry::ironing::hoovering: oh:doh

Moy
21st July 2011, 20:42
:rolleyes: thats very true:doh mARIAB:doh
been waiting to hear that a salary :Erm::bigcry:will gone up/increase but its always the bills and food costs ...petrol etc rising:cwm24::angry::laugher:

stevewool
21st July 2011, 20:44
shop wisely is my wise words, aldi, pak shops , farmfoods, and wilkos, and best of all EAT AT YOUR FRIENDS HOUSE:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Maria B
21st July 2011, 20:46
best of all EAT AT YOUR FRIENDS HOUSE:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:laugher::laugher::Wave:

Maria B
21st July 2011, 20:47
:rolleyes: thats very true:doh mARIAB:doh
been waiting to hear that a salary :Erm::bigcry:will gone up/increase but its always the bills and food costs ...petrol etc rising:cwm24::angry::laugher:

bills? tax? I think it's a trend here :icon_lol:
:icon_lol:

Moy
21st July 2011, 20:51
shop wisely is my wise words, aldi, pak shops , farmfoods, and wilkos, and best of all EAT AT YOUR FRIENDS HOUSE:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

if they dont shut the door :xxaction-smiley-047:cwm24::icon_lol:when you arrive hahaha:furious3::icon_lol:

stevewool
21st July 2011, 21:02
serious, i shop very wisely,emma can cook fantastic for so little too,

Moy
21st July 2011, 21:09
bills? tax? I think it's a trend here :icon_lol:
:icon_lol:

:doh:cwm24::laugher:

Moy
21st July 2011, 21:24

:Drecipe pls:Jump:

Maria B
21st July 2011, 21:30

:xxgrinning--00xx3: agree. Shoppers should be wiser nowadays. And Pinays are a good cook;):smileybigtmouth:

Maria B
21st July 2011, 21:31
if they dont shut the door :xxaction-smiley-047:cwm24::icon_lol:when you arrive hahaha:furious3::icon_lol:

:icon_lol::Rasp: sounds like a regular (eaters) visitor :laugher::Cuckoo:

Ako Si Jamie
21st July 2011, 21:52
I don't buy all my food from big supermarkets like Tesco's, Asda etc. I go to Iceland or Farmfoods as a lot of the branded stuff there is significantly cheaper. If I do go to a big supermarket I usually go for the offers, two for the price of one etc :D, sample the cheap value range of foods, hit & miss but some of it is as good as well known brands or I get stuff there I can't get no place else. Best to shop around if you want to save money.

Moy
21st July 2011, 22:01
:action-smiley-081::D

Quality vs. Quantity

Maria B
21st July 2011, 22:41
I don't buy all my food from big supermarkets like Tesco's, Asda etc. I go to Iceland or Farmfoods as a lot of the branded stuff there is significantly cheaper. If I do go to a big supermarket I usually go for the offers, two for the price of one etc :D, sample the cheap value range of foods, hit & miss but some of it is as good as well known brands or I get stuff there I can't get no place else. Best to shop around if you want to save money.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: guess almost all are doing this nowadays. Even myself & hubby, from Morrisons to Tesco. Sometimes I go to Poundland for some party gadgets. Got to stretch the budget to save every penny. :Wave:

Dedworth
21st July 2011, 22:42
Welcome to rip off Britain :cwm23:

Maria B
21st July 2011, 22:47
Welcome to rip off Britain :cwm23:

:hubbahubba::icon_lol::):Hellooo::Wave::icon_lol:

scott&ligaya
22nd July 2011, 09:10
We are lucky to live close to al large filipino community so we club togther and use costco and other trade wholseale outlets for ulk buys of laundry,kitchen, bathroom,baby and some food stuffs. Woeks fine if they are not perishable goods.

scott&ligaya
22nd July 2011, 09:12
Even back in Palawan the expat community club together and have one guy importing /distributing wine, one guy doing australian beef, one doing ham/lamb from new zealand, one doing cheeses etc, makes imported treats affordable

Arthur Little
22nd July 2011, 10:10
Too right ... the price of bread keeps rising ... but NOT the "dough" to pay for it! :doh

Terpe
22nd July 2011, 10:42
I've noticed the price of Wagyu ribeye steak has actually fallen significantly recently.
Maybe now is the time to buy and freeze :hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

tone
22nd July 2011, 16:39
All I can add is that at least beer is cheap!
Whilst I was living in Malaysia a pint of guiness was iro £7 and buying 24 Cans of (330ml) Tiger from a supermarket was £28 where here you could get 36 440ml for £20 at Tesco's last offer...

I sound like a big drinker (which I am not) but its a component of my bi-weekly shop! :)

As for the rest of food I just say to myself thats the only thing I dont like to cut corners on - where everything else I am super careful these days having seen my Monthly salary drop by £300 thanks to government overspending:doh

I am finding however fruit and veg from local market is well priced!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tone

Moy
22nd July 2011, 16:44
I've noticed the price of Wagyu ribeye steak has actually fallen significantly recently.
Maybe now is the time to buy and freeze :hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
22nd July 2011, 18:22
I am super careful these days having seen my Monthly salary drop by £300 thanks to government overspending:doh

Tone

In gross terms ... my occupational pension has increased. But the net amount has fallen considerably since 2009 ... due to the fact that I'm now also a State pensioner, and - as the latter is deemed to be "non-taxable" at source - my tax code has been altered several times in the intervening years to enable the cumulative amount calculable on the two pensions to be deducted from the former ... if that makes sense! :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
22nd July 2011, 18:33
:doh ... it's like "robbing Peter to pay Paul", so to speak ... and, judging by the number of times my tax code has been buggered about with in the short period since I qualified for the latter pension, the right hand at Inland Revenue clearly doesn't have A clue as to what the left hand is doing! :NoNo: