PDA

View Full Version : So Pete.....

peterdavid
19th June 2005, 19:53
....do you think you'll miss the Philippines when Gina is here....?

Are you meeting her at the airport, or flying back out again?

What are you planning to do together once she's here (apart from the obvious)?

Think you'll miss the regular flights around the world?

ginapeterb
19th June 2005, 21:20
Originally posted by peterdavid@Jun 19 2005, 06:53 PM
....do you think you'll miss the Philippines when Gina is here....?

Are you meeting her at the airport, or flying back out again?

What are you planning to do together once she's here (apart from the obvious)?

Think you'll miss the regular flights around the world?

Quoted post

haha, good questions ! well I wont be flying back to the Philippines in the short term, nothing for me now to go for, considering that I started dating Gina on October 23rd 2003, I have been on 6 different trips, totalling around £18,000 in cost, time seems to have gone so slow wiating for the different stages, I suppoee really when I look back, I am not at the end of the beginning of our life together, of course as you know with these type of relationships, they are so different, in that there are stages to go through that most couples never have to undertake, just having to apply to bring your girl to your own country is something you never would have had to do, 20 years ago.

Sadly as the Act was repealed in 1988 forcng no automatic right of entry for spouses, has brought on so much inconveience for many of us.

I will probably miss the flights to the Philippines,and the regular holidays every 9-10 weeks or so, although, the other down side of that is it eats up my spare money, and I cant of course progress, because I keep spending money on going to the Philippines.

As for Gina coming here, I think it will be nice, you know how it is, its no fun on your own, and living on your own for weeks on end, with no interaction, I sometimes look out in the community I live and see other couples going out for the day, and know soon that this will be in about 3 weeks.

I know some of you who look back now that you have your wife with you, and wonder what all the fuss was about, since it seems so far back, such is the passage of time when you are finally together, I know this because I met a guy on a Gulf Air Flight from Oman, who had been married to a Filipina for over 15 years, and remembers what it was like way way back when he went througha similar story to me, he said when you look back "it was like a blip on your life togther, although at first it seems to go on forever"

I think When Gina finally lands here it will be a big day for me, I was planning to fly back and collect Gina and fly back with her, but i have shelved that plan now, as their is no need to do that, the plan now is to let her fly to Heathrow, and I will meet her at arrivals hall, considering i went down to Heathrow this morning to collect my freind Steve who has jus arrived in from Manila, (poor Steve, kept waiting and waiting and waiting for BRITISH EMBASSY to get of their arses, cannot wait any longer, and has had the definate maybe promise that they will look at his wife's tourist visa application by Wednesday next week) I felt some kind of sympathy with him when he arrived this morning.)

So I will be the one to go back to the aiport and collect her, that will be a great day for me as you all know what that is like.

As for Plans ? and what we will do, well thought I Would follow some of my own advice and get her settled in, but hopefully as Gina arrives she will be here in time for the Barrio Festival, Gina is by profession a Phlebotomist (stop LOL you buggers up in Sheffield) I have contacted an agency in Essex, who said that they will be most likely to place her in a salaried position, when she arrives, and I think getting her straight out to work after a brief settling in period will be a good move, stop her being at home getting homesick.

Then we will be most likely working towards a return visit, probabl we will spend Christmas in the Philippines, for one thing its cheaper than here in the UK, hotels, food taxis etc, and then its into the unknown of 2006, not quite sure there, but we do want to buy a house togther, long term plans of course inlcude building a house in the Philippines.

But I cant think of much else as we speak Peter, guess thats it for now.

mrsfrivolity
21st June 2005, 18:19
Phlebotomist? I had to look that up! :lol:

Agree! A job as soon as Gina is settled will help a lot. Gina is lucky too as anything in the medical profession is quite in demand, isn't?

ginapeterb
21st June 2005, 22:27
Originally posted by mrsfrivolity@Jun 21 2005, 05:19 PM
Phlebotomist? I had to look that up! :lol:

Agree! A job as soon as Gina is settled will help a lot. Gina is lucky too as anything in the medical profession is quite in demand, isn't?

Quoted post

Ceilo, I must admit I had to look it up also, youre not alone in that, I have been dating a woman from a far off land, who is a phlebotomist, and She never told me that was the name of her speciality, no doubt our Forum Admin Keith will come up with his own translation on that one.

But thanks for the Support there Cielo, and i can say this, that we are very lucky to have you on the Forum, please dont leave us, we need lots of Wifes and Fiancee's on the Forum, it enriches the posts that we all make.

Thanks for coming Cielo.

mrsfrivolity
22nd June 2005, 07:42
My pleasure, good sir!

I feel very much at home here :P

Admin
22nd June 2005, 08:32
PETE!! What do you take me for? :D

Phle'bot'omist;

PHLE is taken from the English term, Phlem, meaing a sticky substance found on the pavement, in grass, on the public toilet walls, that has been retrieved from a persons lungs as a gift to everyone else!

BOT in this case is referred to a small robot with limited intelligence, and although designed to the same model of a human, tend to move around like a Moss Side smackhead. Version two was withdraw as it showed traits of behaving like a Glaswegian!

OMIST, was actually misspelt in translation from Afghan to Ug Ug, and then to English. It's correct spelling is OPIST, but to late to change as they'd already published the dictionary and never had enough Tipex for 200,000 copies. It's meaning is realated to an aloholic Taliban who was used for sexual pleasures by his mates.

So in short, the total meaning for PHLEBOTOMIST is;
A thicko alcoholic robot who staggers around showing signs of slight intelligence, while seemingly only capable of spitting brown goo everywhere.....

...does that help anyone? :blink:

moi
22nd June 2005, 13:40
Hi Pete, she can work as a Biomedical Scientist if she 's a STATE REGISTEReD in the UK.Phlebotomist are the medical lab assisstant so if she's been working in the Phils. as Registered Medical Technologist, she can apply for State Registration. That will be a good job,money wise compare to being a MLA (Phlebotomist).Check the Health Professional Council to start with.I'll be glad to help. :)

ginapeterb
9th September 2005, 10:07
Hi everyone,

I think is safe now for me to put the cat out of the bag, guess who's coming home tomorrow !!!, Paul, Rob and Keith already know, but I guess its ok to let everyone else know, that we are just about ready to depart the land of terminal feees, (Terminal 2 Centennnial PAL is now P200.00) regulation mini skirts, and corrugated barrios ! looking forward to landing back at Terminal 3 sometime late Saturday evening, and have I got a few stories for you all, the usual stories, but with a little more laughter thrown in for good measure, currently Gina and I are kicking around EDSA Megamall up in Mandaluyong City, you know the one, close to LTR3 station at EDSA Kamuning, looking forward to coming home finally, after dodging a few landmines at the British Embassy, but special thanks goes out to Paul (peterdavid) for excellent practical advice, Rob and Keith for moral support, and everyone else who wishes us well, no doubt I will be posting a few stories on our return, right now, we just want to get out of Manila, and back home, only a little way to go now, before its up up up and away, Rob !! you remember how it looks below, as you climb up away from NAIA and over the Golf Courses out over Manila Bay, and heading North to Tarlac and out to Hong Kong, cant wait for that, then i know nothing else can go wrong, but I think now we are in the clear, its been a long journey for us, but finally the journey is over, but its not the end of the journey for us , its the end of the beginning I guess, looking forward to seein all of you online, next week.

Best wishes

Pete and Gina

Admin
9th September 2005, 11:29
Isn't he sweet when he's conquered the nasty dragons to save the Princess :)

Pauldo
9th September 2005, 15:17
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Sep 9 2005, 10:07 AM
Hi everyone,

I think is safe now for me to put the cat out of the bag, guess who's coming home tomorrow !!!,
Quoted post

Hey, congratulations. It must seem like such a long, arduous journey, that's finally over. Relief. Release. Freedom.

I really do pity anybody who has to go through it all, even though I shall be a part of it once again very soon, for the mom in law. I hope that, at the age of 63, they don't accuse her of being just a money grabbing bar girl, only after an easy life in 'Ripoff Britain' :D :o

andypaul
9th September 2005, 19:18
Congratulations Pete, hope you both have a safe and plesant journey to the uk.

peterdavid
10th September 2005, 09:59
Well done Pete. Knew you could do it. Hope you get back safely. Take care.

walesrob
10th September 2005, 13:45
Hooray at last! Welcome home to Pete and Gina :)

ginapeterb
11th September 2005, 02:28
Originally posted by walesrob@Sep 10 2005, 12:45 PM
Hooray at last! Welcome home to Pete and Gina :)

Quoted post

Hey thanks guys, special thanks to peterdavid, Pauldo, Keith, Rob, andypaul, we appreciate your kind words, we landed safely at 22.00 last night, immigration took over 1 hour, but waved through without medical, picked up car from Q Park with no fuss, home for around 12.30pm, although we cant sleep, just showing Gina around, we cant beleive she is here, but once we cleared immigration I had a sense of relief, so she is here Guys, I know you will want to join me in wishing Gina a warm welcome to UK, see you all on the forum over next few weeks.

Pete and Gina

Admin
11th September 2005, 08:15
Congratulations on the successful transportation of a Filipino babe from the land of the 'free' (EH!!!!!) :rolleyes: :lol:

I bet once you got out of the airport you shoulders felt a few tons lighter. It's a miracle cure for stress........you'll have to send a Thank You note to Mr Blair for causing the bloody stress in the first place :P

Well a few days in bed getting over the jetlag :rolleyes: .....then you can take Gina to see the smog....brown river.....snarled traffic.........!!!.......she'll think she's still in Manilla :lol: :lol:

Pauldo
11th September 2005, 10:26
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Sep 11 2005, 02:28 AM
Hey thanks guys, special thanks to peterdavid, Pauldo, Keith, Rob, andypaul, we appreciate your kind words, we landed safely at 22.00 last night, immigration took over 1 hour, but waved through without medical, picked up car from Q Park with no fuss, home for around 12.30pm, although we cant sleep, just showing Gina around, we cant beleive she is here, but once we cleared immigration I had a sense of relief, so she is here Guys, I know you will want to join me in wishing Gina a warm welcome to UK, see you all on the forum over next few weeks.

Pete and Gina

Quoted post

Great news, another one makes it 'out' :D

Did Gina have to do the chest Xray thing at immigration? My wife did it when we arrived.

We also got a letter from the local NHS about ten days after we got here, welcoming her to the real world and asking her to register with a doctor, blah blah.

andypaul
11th September 2005, 11:28
Great New Pete so Happy for you both.

Welcome Gina to the UK i hope Pete and you spend a happy time together here in the UK. :D

kentish
11th September 2005, 14:16
Welcome to the UK Gina.....

Ey Pete make sure the rice cooker is ready and that your cupboard has a sack of rice.... anything else guys???? Oh and wat about those exs' things make sure they are hidden :D :D :D :D

ginapeterb
11th September 2005, 15:41
Originally posted by kentish@Sep 11 2005, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the UK Gina.....

Ey Pete make sure the rice cooker is ready and that your cupboard has a sack of rice.... anything else guys???? Oh and wat about those exs' things make sure they are hidden :D :D :D :D

Quoted post

Thanks for that advice, we did go to get the Rice Cooker today, hahaha, its almost like a ritual di ba ? Gina is tucked away in bed now sleeping, as the jet lag has kicked in, things she noticed today are

1. You cant tell what time of day it is from the weather.
2. Is there any Sun in this country ?
3. No one frisked us at the mall
4. No one tried to check our bags out, as we left the baggage carousel.
5. the roads are so wide
6. Where are the Jeepneys ?
the list is endless.

So Gina sleeps and day 1 begins, looking forward to many of them, thanks guys.

Pauldo
11th September 2005, 16:19
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Sep 11 2005, 03:41 PM
Thanks for that advice, we did go to get the Rice Cooker today, hahaha, its almost like a ritual di ba ? Gina is tucked away in bed now sleeping, as the jet lag has kicked in, things she noticed today are

1. You cant tell what time of day it is from the weather.
2. Is there any Sun in this country ?
3. No one frisked us at the mall
4. No one tried to check our bags out, as we left the baggage carousel.
5. the roads are so wide
6. Where are the Jeepneys ?
the list is endless.
So Gina sleeps and day 1 begins, looking forward to many of them, thanks guys.

Quoted post

Just wait until she gets to the market, starts picking up and squeezing the fruits and stuff, with a shrivelling look on her face, then starts to bitterly haggle the prices down :D :D :D :D :rolleyes:

Admin
11th September 2005, 21:23
When you take her into Asda....DON'T let her start tasting all the products :o

Took me weeks to get Ping out of that habit....and we DON'T EAT THE WILDLIFE!!!!

moi
12th September 2005, 13:39
:) MALIGAYANG PAGDATING PETE AND GINA! Gina,enjoy your new place and new home. :)

ginapeterb
12th September 2005, 21:45
Originally posted by moi@Sep 12 2005, 12:39 PM
:) MALIGAYANG PAGDATING PETE AND GINA! Gina,enjoy your new place and new home. :)

Quoted post

Gina translates Moi and says thank you..for the greeting....

Admin
12th September 2005, 22:23
No speaka da English.....

moi
14th September 2005, 09:27
Originally posted by admin@Sep 12 2005, 09:23 PM
No speaka da English.....

Quoted post

Hi Keith,Of course i can speak English.English english,american english filipino english etc and some other languages apart from my dialect. :rolleyes:
It's just nicer to welcome someone from her own language as obviously the hubby will ask what it means. ;)

ginapeterb
14th September 2005, 20:13
Originally posted by moi@Sep 14 2005, 08:27 AM
Hi Keith,Of course i can speak English.English english,american english filipino english etc and some other languages apart from my dialect. :rolleyes:
It's just nicer to welcome someone from her own language as obviously the hubby will ask what it means. ;)

Quoted post

Maraming Salamat Po ! Moi, husband did ask, and welcomes the greeting, dont worry about my mate Kieth, he only speaks one language, that is scouse, and lets face it, they dont even qualify to speak english. hehehehe sorry keith, LOL.

Admin
15th September 2005, 09:08
OY!!!! Yer wha? Dats fightin talk were I com from........dedododontdeay?

walesrob
15th September 2005, 10:10
Originally posted by admin@Sep 15 2005, 09:08 AM
OY!!!! Yer wha? Dats fightin talk were I com from........dedododontdeay?

Quoted post

alright soft lad, calm down :lol: :lol:

Admin
15th September 2005, 17:44
Maybe you'd like to buy a car radio.............that looks like the one that was in your car last night :P

ginapeterb
15th September 2005, 18:10
Originally posted by admin@Sep 15 2005, 04:44 PM
Maybe you'd like to buy a car radio.............that looks like the one that was in your car last night :P

Quoted post

Kieth I thought it was my ex wife that stole it...so it was you...hmmmm

Admin
16th September 2005, 08:59
You can't say thing like that on a public forum :blink: ....oh hang on......this is a 'pubic' forum... :lol: