PDA

View Full Version : le tour de france

stevewool
20th July 2011, 20:09
whos watching this, what a great sport just fantastic, have to watch the highlights each evening, but just brillient:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
20th July 2011, 20:38
i love it too!

a monster day tomorrow...will we have a new yellow jersey leader :Erm:

stevewool
20th July 2011, 20:42
yep the next few days is going to be tough, the yellow jersey well hes doing better then anyone thought, who knows who will be wearing it, the down hill tonight what a track, i would be afraid to drive down never mind bike down at those speeds

bornatbirth
20th July 2011, 20:45
hes doing surprising well to keep the yellow jersey but the big guns havent kicked off yet, riding your half penny would be pretty scary down those hills even the motorbikes couldnt keep up with them :D

steve monty
20th July 2011, 20:50
I am watching this also Steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

A great ride by Hagan! could have won yesterday but fell asleep when Hushovd sprinted for the line, he wasn't ready for it. He could be a future team leader I think.

Tomorrow's and Friday's stage is going to be a cracker's! I love the mountain stages, and mountain climb finishes. Tomorrow is the Galibier and Friday is alpe D'huez. Most respect for the rider's going so quick on a 10% gradient climb for nearly 14km! :yikes:

I got the love of the tour de france ever since our camping holidays in France as a child. Watched it ever since. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
20th July 2011, 21:43
camping in france , we had a good few years going to france just brittany and normandy, was even going to buy a place there once , and to tell the truth if i could afford it i still would

Arthur Little
21st July 2011, 20:10
Guys ... my son Ally's an avid fan of 'Le Tour de France'; I remember when he was still living with me, and seemed to break the speed record home from work [on his bike!] for the sake of watching it on Channel 4 each night. He's only 3 months short of his 40th birthday now, and continues to compete in (and win!) time trials - both locally, and throughout Scotland - as a veteran with Perth Cycling Club. :Hellooo:

stevewool
21st July 2011, 20:13
just watched it again Arthur, just fantastic the power and grit they have, do you ever go and watch your son

Arthur Little
21st July 2011, 20:23
I remember when he was still living with me, and seemed to break the speed record home from work [on his bike!] for the sake of watching it on Channel 4 each night. :Hellooo:

:D ... guess what his job is ? He's a cycle mechanic!

stevewool
21st July 2011, 20:26
thats a wheely good job then :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Arthur Little
22nd July 2011, 11:54
do you ever go and watch your son

Rarely, nowadays, Steve ... due to lack of transport. Sure, I have a touring bike - indeed it was me that first interested Ally in cycling nearly three decades ago - but advancing age and hearing problems are taking their toll, causing Myrna to worry about my safety on busy roads. And we don't have a car. :NoNo:

Arthur Little
22nd July 2011, 11:59
thats a wheely good job then :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:cwm12: ... very fitting! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
24th July 2011, 18:13
what a great finnish to a great race