PDA

View Full Version : MP's quiz Met Police - Live

Dedworth
19th July 2011, 13:48
"Director of Public Affairs" reponsible for PR, Press Officers & "Marketing" - now wriggling as he's being quizzed. An MP has just commented that the Met should focus on catching criminals rather than employing 50 schmoozers.

Very interesting just revealed that there is a 3 month gap in public records of hospitality received.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10318089

scott&ligaya
19th July 2011, 14:14
this is going to run and run and run

Dedworth
19th July 2011, 15:03
Murdoch and his boy are on now - you can't see because of the table they are sat at but both are wearing identical brown trousers :D

Pete/London
19th July 2011, 16:23
On Sky Murdoch junior seems to be wearing nail varnish, maybe he is expecting to go to clink

Dedworth
19th July 2011, 16:38
Murdoch Senior's Chinese wife is sitting behind him alongside what look like a bunch of expensive lawyers

Pete/London
19th July 2011, 16:59
Yes and she managed to take out the guy who tried to assault the Murdochs.

What a disgrace, on world TV, we cant manage the security.

Dedworth
19th July 2011, 17:09
Yes and she managed to take out the guy who tried to assault the Murdochs.

What a disgrace, on world TV, we cant manage the security.

Bloody hell - missed that took a long phone call, saw the re run just now. If there had been a bit more space she'd have got some deadly Kung Fu chops and kicks in on the assailant:D

bornatbirth
19th July 2011, 20:13
he got cream pied before she could get a move in, i wonder what she sees in him :D

Terpe
19th July 2011, 20:49
I've watched some of this on TV.
The thing that stuck me about Murdoch snr, (apart from the fact he likes banging his hand on the table), is just how much he lacks in charisma, personality, influence and inspiration and in fact in any kind of social skills.
How does a guy like that get to be as powerful as he is?

His wife was willing him on as best she could, but he never managed to pull himself out of the image of a sad old man who was probably told nothing of any importance.

Pete/London
19th July 2011, 20:58
Well that`s the million (many) dollar question.:D

Watched most of the sessions today, thought the worst one out of the lot was Dick Fedorcio at the home affairs enquiry. very shaky performance and I am scratching my head as how such bloody dim wits get these jobs.:NoNo:

bornatbirth
19th July 2011, 20:58
he never managed to pull himself out of the image of a sad old man who was probably told nothing of any importance.

considering everything we have heard about him, maybe hes trying to fool us all into thinking hes knows nothing or hes shell shocked that his empire is falling apart or hes so used to is lawyers doing the talking for him.

Terpe
19th July 2011, 21:04

Watched most of the sessions today, thought the worst one out of the lot was Dick Fedorcio at the home affairs enquiry. very shaky performance and I am scratching my head as how such bloody dim wits get these jobs.:NoNo:

I'm sorry to say that I totally agree with everything you say. :doh
Unbelievable! :doh

Terpe
19th July 2011, 21:11
considering everything we have heard about him, maybe hes trying to fool us all into thinking hes knows nothing or hes shell shocked that his empire is falling apart or hes so used to is lawyers doing the talking for him.

Personally BaB I feel none of those to be the case.

bornatbirth
19th July 2011, 21:26
you really think thats he knows nothing :Erm:, he rules his company with rod of iron :xxaction-smiley-047

Terpe
19th July 2011, 21:42
you really think thats he knows nothing :Erm:, he rules his company with rod of iron :xxaction-smiley-047

I really don't know how much he knows or how much he doesn't know.
But from all the evidence of today (verbal and visual) I believe he has no real idea about how the company is run, about company governance, and how the 53,000 employees are organised, structured and managed.
I do believe he 'understands' how corrupt and rotten the media business has been and now is in general. From the days of rummaging through the dustbins of targeted people, to the hiring of 'shadowy' private investigators and possibly to phone hacking. Although I doubt he really knows what phone hacking is.
His son also looks and sounds, to me, to be a complete **********

Plenty of 'bent legal teams' and highly corrupt low-life executives in the organisation at high levels and trusted positions.

I'm sure there will be more to come

Just my personal thinking.

Pete/London
20th July 2011, 00:09
I'm sorry to say that I totally agree with everything you say. :doh
Unbelievable! :doh

I do sometimes say something that makes sense:Erm:

Dedworth
20th July 2011, 00:47

:angry: So called "Public Affairs Director" - trousering an obscene taxpayer funded salary. Public Sector Empire Building and Trough Feeding come to mind. I expect he'll get his P45 soon.

johncar54
20th July 2011, 10:19
I though the Murdock's did rather well. Especially Senior. I loved his one word answers 'Yes' or 'no' to some of the stupid questions put to him by the incompetent committee.

The only, and maybe the most telling, question which they failed to answer was, why the pay-out to Taylor was so large (much higher than the norm). Intimating that it was to buy his silence. They were also allowed to sidestep the question, that if Taylor was willing to give the 'confidential' details of the out of court settlement, would the Murdock's be prepared to waive the confidentiality clause.

ozzmantel
20th July 2011, 10:24
Rebekah Brooks - butter wouldn't melt. This is only the begining of this scandal

Dedworth
20th July 2011, 10:24
I though the Murdock's did rather well. Especially Senior. I loved his one word answers 'Yes' or 'no' to some of the stupid questions put to him by the incompetent committee.

I fully agree - I loved the bit where that Fat Scottish Labour MP was asking him about why, a day after last May's election did he go into 10 Downing St via the back door ? - Rupert "Because I was asked to" :icon_lol: He then followed up by saying he'd done the same a number of times when Bottler Brown was in power :laugher: Classic

scott&ligaya
20th July 2011, 10:46
the fact that the NOTW was just 1% of his business empire is rather revealing... he is not there to appease politicians he is there because he idoes not want the other 99% damaged. I imagine he is livid to have to perform for these idiots questioning him. I can imagine right now he is telling his minions to destroy each and everyone of them on that committee for daring to ask him anything at all.

To me the bigger problem is that 42% of the UK read one of his papers. how did he get that powerful and he owns 40% of Sky!!!!.

Piss this guy off at your peril

Pete/London
20th July 2011, 10:47
I think either he was coached to play the doddery old man routine or he is a doddery old man who should step down.
Junior answered like a US army lieutenant, started quite a few answers with "that`s a very good question and I am glad you asked it". His aim was to send you to sleep listening to his answers.
I`m looking forward to when the dust settles and the newspapers go back on the attack at the MPs, this may run and run.:icon_lol:

scott&ligaya
20th July 2011, 10:56
you can almost guarantee the comittee members will be targetted.

Dedworth
20th July 2011, 10:56
I think either he was coached to play the doddery old man routine or he is a doddery old man who should step down.
Junior answered like a US army lieutenant, started quite a few answers with "that`s a very good question and I am glad you asked it". His aim was to send you to sleep listening to his answers.
I`m looking forward to when the dust settles and the newspapers go back on the attack at the MPs, this may run and run.:icon_lol:

The Sun on Sunday will soon be out and the boot will go in on some of those Committee Members :D Murdoch needs to bring back Littlejohn & Kelvin Mackenzie :)

johncar54
20th July 2011, 11:13
Whats the problem Its Murdock's business empire. If it was mine I too would do what I wanted with it, and I would not tell anyone why or how I organized it.

If criminal offences have been committed OK, prosecute them, if not they have the same rights as anyone to not answer any questions.

scott&ligaya
20th July 2011, 11:55
the problem is exactly that, they are accountable to no one but their shareholders ...unless they break the law. The issue is more how were they allowed to beome so powerful .. but then the same could be said for Microsoft, Cisco sytems and others.

Arthur Little
20th July 2011, 12:37
i wonder what she sees in him :D

:rolleyes: ... ££££££££££ & $$$$$$$$$$ signs perhaps? Cos he's a crumpled-looking :olddude: ... and "no' bonnie" with it! :NoNo:

Arthur Little
20th July 2011, 12:45
:rolleyes: ... indeed ...the :D "chinks" in his "armour" are beginning to show ... as Rupert "bares" his soul! :doh

Pete/London
20th July 2011, 12:55
the problem is exactly that, they are accountable to no one but their shareholders ...unless they break the law. The issue is more how were they allowed to beome so powerful .. but then the same could be said for Microsoft, Cisco sytems and others.

Agree with you, the problem is their pervasiveness that is affecting the politics of the country and a quarter of the met police media team are made up of ex NI employees.
You can also add the BBC to your list, yet BAA ,who are now owned by a Spanish company, have been ordered to sell Stanstead airport.