PDA

View Full Version : Played this yet Graham?

les_taxi
17th July 2011, 22:01
Yaua_xVnI6U
Me being awesome:D

grahamw48
18th July 2011, 00:52
Haha...like it. :D

This is the game I mostly play now. It's the latest one, with superb graphics, tracks and car choice and tuning:

Actually my lap for this track in a similar car is about 1 min 55sec, so I'd have beat this guy easily.....not bad for an old bloke eh. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2GjaqsBbe4&feature=related

Steve.r
18th July 2011, 13:27
I have Dirt 2, I love racing games

grahamw48
18th July 2011, 14:19
Me too, but sometimes my boy gets a look in. :icon_lol:
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/171/hwoodapril11005.jpg

Steve.r
18th July 2011, 14:30
I am playing Wolfenstien right now

grahamw48
18th July 2011, 14:43
Just going to do a lap of the Nurburgring.

I got it down to 6min 22secs yesterday. (Bugatti Veyron) :)

I'm useless at shootemups. :(

grahamw48
18th July 2011, 18:29
I made a little movie on my digicam, so not great quality, but gives an idea of the Shift2 game...apologies to the guy I bumped off the track. :icon_lol:

Speed is in mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDXd2oapeqk

bornatbirth
18th July 2011, 20:33
did you make him quit :D

i hope you dont drive like that it real life :Erm:

les_taxi
18th July 2011, 20:39
i hope you dont drive like that it real life

I do:D

bornatbirth
18th July 2011, 20:45
what, crazy taxi......you will turn the :oldlady: hair blue :icon_lol:

les_taxi
18th July 2011, 20:53
Most of my customers have a blue rinse already:D

bornatbirth
18th July 2011, 20:59
i was talking about the old men :icon_lol:

anyway i havent got time to pay games any more fallout/new vegas is currently unplayed as the wife hogs the tv :Help1:

grahamw48
18th July 2011, 21:59
A lap or two at the infamous Laguna Seca: :)

I use an Xbox 360 wheel and pedals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj08NiQQLDc

bornatbirth
18th July 2011, 22:05
you managed the cork screw well but keep going wide on the exits of the corners :D

grahamw48
18th July 2011, 22:22
Well, it's not easy to do perfect laps for the camera, (and actually first time with that particular car). :)

I can beat most people ONLINE, and there are some good ones out there....usually about 40 odd years younger than me, and with correspondingly better reflexes.

bornatbirth
18th July 2011, 22:32
did you ever play the first gran tourismo and get all the licenses...i played it to death and to get the last license you had to put in a very fast time with random cars and had to take the corners very tight to beat the time.

Ako Si Jamie
25th July 2011, 21:31
Haven't been into playing console games in recent years. Before I was on the PS all the time. My favourite racing game was Rage Racer on PS1. Graphics were crap but the gameplay made up for it. Also liked Colin McCrae Rally, V Rally & Ridge Racer 5 and the motorbike game where you knocked other riders off their bikes, Road Rash.

grahamw48
25th July 2011, 21:43
The racing games have really come on now.

It's my boy's (Xbox 360) console, but we do have the PS1 and PS2.

We already had the original Need for Speed Shift racing game, but my son is more into the Call of Duty type games, which he now also plays on his birthday present Laptop (obviously MUCH better than my PC :rolleyes:), so when NFS Shift2 came out, I decided to buy myself the game, plus a proper steering wheel and pedals, although admittedly I have paid for all the dozens of other games too. :Erm:

Now I love to go online and pit my skills against people from all over the world. :)

I like to think it keeps my brain stimulated, and tests out my reactions....well, that's my excuse anyway. :D

A quick run round Donington GP.
Just trying out the Corvette, so not particularly smooth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyvsr4EjERo

subseastu
26th July 2011, 06:33
I have F1 2010 on the ps3, I got the wheel and pedals, fixed it all to the proper frame. Started playing online but have offically retired from online driving after 4 months due to the large amounts of numpties out there who simply aim at you on a corner to take you out or have no concept of braking. By the time you recover and get back on track the whole has buggered off. I used to get so angry:cwm23::cwm23:. Gaming should be fun but there is too many d**ks out there. Now i tend to do the medal of honour stuff, not very good though

grahamw48
26th July 2011, 10:10
I know exactly what you mean about the on-line idiots playing dodgem cars, and yes it does spoil it. :NoNo:

I used to be shouting my head off at the TV and getting most upset ! :icon_lol:

My son would be telling me to calm down. " It's only a game dad !!! " :rolleyes:

I found that after a while the more 'sensible' drivers invite you to race with them in a sort of closed circle of 'friends', which is much more fun, and testing if they're skilled drivers, which they usually tend to be.

One good thing about the new NFS Shift2 Unleashed game is that it does make it harder for people to push you off or otherwise abuse the game, because any contact normally removes BOTH cars, and it is generally harder to cheat.

Also, you see a lot of 'experienced' drivers moaning about the physics of it, when in fact it is actually more realistic, and they 're having to come to terms with setting their cars up properly, and driving them in a more realistic manner in order to stay on the track and post decent times....which benefits old fogeys like me, who may not have the fastest reactions in the world but can actually drive ! :)

subseastu
26th July 2011, 11:20
Very true graham, i did start to get invited by a couple of regular blokes that i actually got on alright with on the comms, having a chat and what not. Trouble I had though was they played it a lot and soon became very good indeed so their skill level was so much higher than mine. So in the end with my few regular spin offs every race I was still getting left behind!!! I may look at this NFS seris. It sounds like it could be a little more forgiving in its game play.

les_taxi
27th July 2011, 00:03
I know exactly what you mean about the on-line idiots playing dodgem cars, and yes it does spoil it. :NoNo:

I used to be shouting my head off at the TV and getting most upset ! :icon_lol:

My son would be telling me to calm down. " It's only a game dad !!! " :rolleyes:

I found that after a while the more 'sensible' drivers invite you to race with them in a sort of closed circle of 'friends', which is much more fun, and testing if they're skilled drivers, which they usually tend to be.

One good thing about the new NFS Shift2 Unleashed game is that it does make it harder for people to push you off or otherwise abuse the game, because any contact normally removes BOTH cars, and it is generally harder to cheat.

Also, you see a lot of 'experienced' drivers moaning about the physics of it, when in fact it is actually more realistic, and they 're having to come to terms with setting their cars up properly, and driving them in a more realistic manner in order to stay on the track and post decent times....which benefits old fogeys like me, who may not have the fastest reactions in the world but can actually drive ! :)

Erm these idiots playing dodgem cars have been me in the past:icon_lol:
Sometimes when I have been on a hardcore take it too seriously race I have in combination with my Evil son :laugher: taken out clever cloggs drivers just to wind them up:D
It's so funny hearing them curse me and adds to the fun as I'm pretty crap at games though I love to play.

grahamw48
27th July 2011, 00:08
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8920/tongue6991906.gif

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6447/4672d1168784930funnypic.jpg