PDA

View Full Version : to book or not to book??

ana07cutiepie
17th July 2011, 11:00
hi guys, am talking about flights we are really soo confused if we will book a flight even though we dont know yet if the visa will be granted coz the flight is non refundable and its bloody expensive. :/

if we book the flight then what if the visa won't be granted? den we lose all the money :/ help help help please

book it before and lose all the money?? :Erm:

Pete/London
17th July 2011, 11:09
Maybe you can book a one way flight that is fully refundable. It doesn`t matter about the cost as you can cancel after the visa is granted and then look around for a cheaper flight.:)

tone
17th July 2011, 11:28
Why do you need to book a flight if the visa isnt awarded yet?
I'm in the same situation, but I wont book until the visa is done and the CFO is also done.
You can get a fully refundable ticket but they usually charge a fee for refunding - so check the details of the refund before booking.

Good luck!
Tone

ana07cutiepie
17th July 2011, 11:35
Why do you need to book a flight if the visa isnt awarded yet?
I'm in the same situation, but I wont book until the visa is done and the CFO is also done.
You can get a fully refundable ticket but they usually charge a fee for refunding - so check the details of the refund before booking.

Good luck!
Tone

Hi Tone,

We need to book it since it is one of the requirements to have a visa. Now our problem is we are having hard time to look for a refundable flights just in case the visa is not granted and we wont waste money. We are looking flights from Cebu to Vienna Austria.

Thanks for your message

Best Regard,
Analou

tone
17th July 2011, 11:55
Hi
No its not a requirement to obtain a visa - you are told not to make travel plans until your visa is granted.
You can suggest the dates you wish to travel and put an itenary (print out of the flight schedule) but you dont have to buy a ticket until the Visa is issued.

Ah sorry edited - Your applying to Austria - different requirements to the UK?? Sorry ignore my advice Idont know what Austria needs - Iassumed it was UK Visa Application.. my bad.

Someone else will hopefully confirm this all - but my Fiancees application goes in tomorrow and we have not booked any flights as per above points.
cheers

Tone

Terpe
17th July 2011, 11:58
What specifc visa are you applying for?
Who is travelling?

stevewool
17th July 2011, 12:06
you book your flight after you have got your visa , you give a date that you would like to travel by on your visa aplication but you dont buy your flight first

ana07cutiepie
17th July 2011, 13:20
What specifc visa are you applying for?
Who is travelling?

schengen visa for Austria
me :)

ana07cutiepie
17th July 2011, 13:23
you book your flight after you have got your visa , you give a date that you would like to travel by on your visa aplication but you dont buy your flight first

but its one of the requirements and we are afraid that if we dont book a flight it might affect to the decision of approving the visa :/ :Erm::NoNo:

Terpe
17th July 2011, 13:56
but its one of the requirements and we are afraid that if we dont book a flight it might affect to the decision of approving the visa :/ :Erm::NoNo:

In principle you are correct, you need to book some kind of travel. You may also need to have some kind of travel insurance and an invitation letter from an Austrian resident.

Here is a typical Schengen Visa application form :-
http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/cae/servlet/contentblob/350388/publicationFile/3766/VisumantragEngl.pdf

May I suggest to contact the embassy/consulate just to be sure you will be able to comply with all requirements.

ana07cutiepie
17th July 2011, 15:37
In principle you are correct, you need to book some kind of travel. You may also need to have some kind of travel insurance and an invitation letter from an Austrian resident.

Here is a typical Schengen Visa application form :-
http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/cae/servlet/contentblob/350388/publicationFile
/3766/VisumantragEngl.pdf

May I suggest to contact the embassy/consulate just to be sure you will be able to comply with all requirements.

travel insurance and invitation letter is okay we already prepared that.. and the form its already ready just need to paste a picture..

ah yah one question, do I need to do a medical examination or so when applying a schengen visa?? :D

thanks a lot. x

Terpe
17th July 2011, 16:56
Normally no medical is required.
The Schengen Visa is a just a vist visa, except you can move freely within the Schengen zone without further border controls or restrictions.
Don't forget UK is not part of the Schengen area.

If you have any doubts or questions about anything you must contact the embassy to clarify. Each embassy that issues this visa has it's own interpretation of the rules.

Arthur Little
17th July 2011, 16:58

Ah ... that would seem the logical approach, Steve. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, it doesn't [NOW] work that way with Schengen Visas - that are needed for visiting EU countries like Austria. It USED to ... when Myrna & I went to Paris in *March 2010, for instance. At *that time, it wasn't necessary for MARRIED partners of British Citizens to pre-book. But alas, the rules appear to've tightened-up more recently ... as WE discovered when we applied to go to Rome last month. We'd to present our air tickets and booking confirmation to the Italian Embassy (in Edinburgh, in OUR case) on the latter occasion.

Arthur Little
17th July 2011, 17:17
If you have any doubts or questions about anything you must contact the embassy to clarify. Each embassy that issues the Schengen Visa has it's own interpretation of the rules.

:) You're most probably right there, Terpe ... hence, :iagree: that Ana would be well-advised to consult her nearest Austrian Consulate. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ana07cutiepie
18th July 2011, 14:03
:) You're most probably right there, Terpe ... hence, :iagree: that Ana would be well-advised to consult her nearest Austrian Consulate. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hello, we sent an email to the embassy both from Manila and Cebu and we're just waiting for a response. Another question :D
What's the use of Austrian Consulate here in Cebu when u can't apply for a visa and still u have to go to a very chaotic place called Manila for an interview?? that sucks really been to Manila once and it was a nightmare for some reasons :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
18th July 2011, 20:25
What's the use of Austrian Consulate here in Cebu when u can't apply for a visa and still u have to go to a very chaotic place called Manila for an interview?? that sucks really been to Manila once and it was a nightmare for some reasons :rolleyes:

Sorry ... I'm :confused: here ... I know your location is stated as being Cebu :rolleyes: ... but I'd been under the impression that - even if you hadn't altered your profile - you were already in the UK and had been asking about a Schengen Visa to go to Austria as the partner of a British citizen ... :Erm:

ana07cutiepie
19th July 2011, 07:40
Sorry ... I'm :confused: here ... I know your location is stated as being Cebu :rolleyes: ... but I'd been under the impression that - even if you hadn't altered your profile - you were already in the UK and had been asking about a Schengen Visa to go to Austria as the partner of a British citizen ... :Erm:

No, I haven't been in UK ever since I am currently in Cebu right now studying for the last year. My partner(bf) is an Austrian citizen..

ConfusedMe
19th July 2011, 17:08
hi guys, am talking about flights we are really soo confused if we will book a flight even though we dont know yet if the visa will be granted coz the flight is non refundable and its bloody expensive. :/

if we book the flight then what if the visa won't be granted? den we lose all the money :/ help help help please

book it before and lose all the money?? :Erm:

What I know is you can actually book the flight (reserve the flight) but not purchase/buying it yet. This booking can be shown when you are applying for a Schengen visa. You can always go to travel agency about it. Some agency just ask a small amount so you can have this flight booked. After you get the visa, you can go back to them and pay the booking to confirm it.. In case the visa is not granted, you can call the agency and cancel it.

Reference: Learned it from a friend who work in a travel agency before. I was applying for a schengen visa too for vacation but decided to save up for my fiancee visa

ana07cutiepie
20th July 2011, 12:45
What I know is you can actually book the flight (reserve the flight) but not purchase/buying it yet. This booking can be shown when you are applying for a Schengen visa. You can always go to travel agency about it. Some agency just ask a small amount so you can have this flight booked. After you get the visa, you can go back to them and pay the booking to confirm it.. In case the visa is not granted, you can call the agency and cancel it.

Reference: Learned it from a friend who work in a travel agency before. I was applying for a schengen visa too for vacation but decided to save up for my fiancee visa

this information is very helpful thanks Donah, I'll go to some travel agency soon. :Hellooo:

stevewool
20th July 2011, 12:47
let us all know how you get on :)

ana07cutiepie
20th July 2011, 12:56
let us all know how you get on :)

yes I'll let you know, by the way Steve I have another question :D sorry if I keep asking questions :Erm: Ahm the parents of my bf is the one who'll sponsor me to go Austria and my question is do I still need to prove my relationship to her son? am soo confuse please help me :/

stevewool
20th July 2011, 13:02
prove your relationship to whom, to me you are going on holiday so as long as you have all the details when , where, and insurance too, what else do you need

Terpe
20th July 2011, 13:36
ana07cutiepie,

Sorry to say but this thread is very confusing for everyone as you have not been clear in what you intend to do.

As I understand it you are planning to make a visit to Austria.
You will meet your B/F and his family there.
His family lives in Austria

So far so good.

Now, you need to apply for a visa from the Austrian Embassy in Manila.
You MUST provide a fully compliant application for the Schengen Visa, the processing will take several weeks and you MUST make the application in person.

All of the questions you are asking are explained and answered at the website of the Austrian Embassy.
Their website provides listings of all the supporting documents you need for your visa application.

As a first step please read and review the following links:-

Austrian Embassy Visa issues look here:-
http://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/embassy/manila/practical-advice/travel-to-austria/visa.html

See here how to book an appointment
http://www.bmeia.gv.at/fileadmin/user_upload/bmeia/media/Vertretungsbehoerden/Manila/Terminvereinbarung_Appointment_CSC.pdf

See here for General Information on Schengen Visa
http://www.bmeia.gv.at/fileadmin/user_upload/bmeia/media/Vertretungsbehoerden/Manila/General_Information_on_Schengen_Visa.pdf

See here for General Requirements for your Application for Schengen Visa
http://www.bmeia.gv.at/fileadmin/user_upload/bmeia/media/Vertretungsbehoerden/Manila/Visa_Requirements_Austrian_Embassy.pdf

For example you will be informed that a proof of flight reservation is needed, but a ticket should not be bought until a visa is guaranteed or issued!

Visiting family & relatives, friends
- proof of relationship to applicant, if applicable
proof of sufficient own financial means may be substituted with:
- ‘electronic’ affidavit of liability by your host, given at the respective immigration authority in Austria
(district commissions, in Vienna: local police stations)
Your host must present the following at the respective immigration authority in Austria:
- copy of your passport (data page only)
- his/her passport or personal identity card
- lease agreement or extract from land/title register
- residential registration
- proof of income of previous 3 months
- recent account & credit card statement(s), loan agreements, utility bills
- proof of fulfillment of other financial obligations (down payments, loan repayments, child support etc.)

When you have studied the Visa application requirements please feel free to ask any questions you are not sure about.

Have you asked your B/F to help you in securing the required Schengen Visa supporting documentation?

Just trying to help you. :xxgrinning--00xx3: