PDA

View Full Version : anyone from the visayas?

edwin
19th June 2005, 18:32
my wife is from cebu and is wondering if there is anyone from the visayas in this forum? :D :o

ginapeterb
19th June 2005, 23:54
Originally posted by edwin@Jun 19 2005, 05:32 PM
my wife is from cebu and is wondering if there is anyone from the visayas in this forum? :D :o

Quoted post

Yes Gina is from Visaya what can we do for you ? she is in Cebu right now...

edwin
26th June 2005, 10:20
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Jun 19 2005, 10:54 PM
Yes Gina is from Visaya what can we do for you ? she is in Cebu right now...

Quoted post

well, my wife was wondering if there is anyone from cebu... wanting to chat on the phone or online or whatever
she is from near san fernando in cebu

efteling
5th July 2005, 19:26
Originally posted by edwin@Jun 20 2005, 12:32 AM

Quoted post

Hallo...im from cebu too.I will be glad to have contact with your wife.

Greetings!

Admin
5th July 2005, 19:34
I think out of all the places in the Philippines, Cebu seems the nicest place. Never been there, but the wife has. What's the crime & safety like there? My experience is Davao....not good!! B)

efteling
5th July 2005, 20:04
Originally posted by admin@Jul 6 2005, 01:34 AM
I think out of all the places in the Philippines, Cebu seems the nicest place. Never been there, but the wife has. What's the crime & safety like there? My experience is Davao....not good!! B)

Quoted post

Cebu is really nice to visit.It offers many things and happenings.When it comes to crime rate, it just depend on the area.It is a safe place but some streets are not safe, let say Colon.You can see many beggars, prostitutes and hold ups etc. But in total Cebu is still safe to visit. Davao? I have a friend who is from there.She said it is not that really really bad.Because of terrorism issue made the image of Davao a dangerous place.I never been there but i know that Davao is a clean and very nice city also.

Admin
5th July 2005, 20:31
Davao clean!!! EEEK!!! It's all brown & dusty.

I love the Philippine houses. A mansion, then next to it a single floored iron hut, then next to that a 4 storey breeze block house that looks like it will collapse if someone sneezed :D

I was in Davao for 2 weeks, and seen 2 white people. I had to go out with the same driver every day. As for crime, we got got robbed in my wife's aunties house by the maid!!! :blink: She nicked a pair of earings, good job they were only 9ct Gold as she'd get bugger all for them there. Needless to say her job didn't last long.

pigsinspace
6th July 2005, 09:06
Originally posted by admin@Jul 5 2005, 07:31 PM
Davao clean!!! EEEK!!! It's all brown & dusty.

I love the Philippine houses. A mansion, then next to it a single floored iron hut, then next to that a 4 storey breeze block house that looks like it will collapse if someone sneezed :D

I was in Davao for 2 weeks, and seen 2 white people. I had to go out with the same driver every day. As for crime, we got got robbed in my wife's aunties house by the maid!!! :blink: She nicked a pair of earings, good job they were only 9ct Gold as she'd get bugger all for them there. Needless to say her job didn't last long.

Quoted post

Thats just 1 person stealing NOT the entire Filipino race (in davao)

when asawa and I were in Tacloban with her sister and her hubby (yanks) the yanks left a money belt with over $5000 under the pillow when they checked out (how stupid is that?) the belt was found by the room boy who would not give it to my wife (we were all en route to Angeles city) but the yanks left earlier...

he insisted on getting a trike to the airport and so retuen it personally, my wife accompnied him..

when the belt was returned to the 'yank' he said thanks and gave the room boy $5

I was totally disgusted, $5000 cash is more than the room boy earns in Probably 10 years he could so easily have stolen it...

After more hassle from me and asawa and his asawa the room boy was sent $200 (imagine losing all your cash on holiday what would you do?)

Anyway the roomboys honesty made it in the local press and was picked up by local govt then the govt tourist agency. he was given a honesty award and consequently he now works in Dubai in a large hotel..

so lets not tar all Filipinos with the same brush...

I have been to the Philippines 20 plus times in 21 years of marriage to asawa and I have never once felt threatened.. not in Manila, cebu ,davao, bagio or Angeles Ciry,

yes I have been ripped off by taxi drivers in Manila but now I speak a little Tagalog I find it helps..

Thanks.

efteling
6th July 2005, 16:15
Originally posted by pigsinspace@Jul 6 2005, 03:06 PM
so lets not tar all Filipinos with the same brush...

Quoted post

hello! I a agree with what you said.I salute that man who returned that huge amount of money! One mistake from someone is not also a mistake of everybody.