PDA

View Full Version : Visit Visa Approved !

jimbo23232
14th July 2011, 22:35
I have read this forum for some time and picked up so much useful information, and would like a say a big thank you to everyone who has posted.

In the most amazing piece of good news, my better but smaller half submitted the documents on Monday to VFS in Makati, for her first visit to the UK, and received confirmation of approval WITHIN ONE DAY which was pretty remarkable!

After an anxious couple of days of wondering if it was too good to be true, her visa was delivered this morning MNL time, so I woke up here in the UK to some very happy news from a very happy girl :)

I will post again with more details to help anyone else looking at visit visas, but for now just so happy and now have 2 weeks to prepare myself and the house :)

Biggest smile for years :) Thanks again to everyone!!!

tone
14th July 2011, 23:21
Wow congratulations the UKBA must have been very happy she has good reason to return to the Phils!

Really pleased for you, one day is truly remarkable!
Tone

Aingeall
15th July 2011, 00:10
:) Congratulations!!!

ann_barnett
15th July 2011, 02:19
wow congratulations...

joebloggs
15th July 2011, 06:21
:xxgrinning--00xx3: well done, not always easy to get a VV :Jump:

Terpe
15th July 2011, 08:47
Congratulations and very well done. :Jump:
Now you can start planning some special days :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
15th July 2011, 11:09
well done you:Jump:

wytdoll
15th July 2011, 11:41
Congratulations!

stevie c
15th July 2011, 11:50
great news congratulations Jumbo :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
15th July 2011, 12:48
Congratulations & very well done to you both ... all the more so, given how notoriously difficult Tourist Visas are to come by these days. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Two GREAT pieces of news from you within as many days ... !! :Jump::Jump:

Now it's time to concentrate on the housework ... :balaicoule::ironing::hoovering: Aww!

toging
15th July 2011, 13:50
congratulation!!!:Jump::Jump::Jump:

ana07cutiepie
15th July 2011, 13:59
congratulations!!!! juhu time tooo celebrate :D

soo happy for you guys..hopefully we're next.. hehe
:Jump: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

worthingmale
15th July 2011, 20:20
congratulations :D

grahamw48
16th July 2011, 00:05
Well done.

Who is she, the President's daughter ? :cwm24:

kenandahlia
28th July 2011, 09:05
I have read this forum for some time and picked up so much useful information, and would like a say a big thank you to everyone who has posted.

In the most amazing piece of good news, my better but smaller half submitted the documents on Monday to VFS in Makati, for her first visit to the UK, and received confirmation of approval WITHIN ONE DAY which was pretty remarkable!

After an anxious couple of days of wondering if it was too good to be true, her visa was delivered this morning MNL time, so I woke up here in the UK to some very happy news from a very happy girl :)

I will post again with more details to help anyone else looking at visit visas, but for now just so happy and now have 2 weeks to prepare myself and the house :)

Biggest smile for years :) Thanks again to everyone!!!

Hello! I am happy that you got a very good news! wow! me too i will be apply a visitor visa, to visit my friend in UK.. but i really want a suporting documents.. my friend will be sponsoring me, please? can u share it? so i can see what are more documents i will attach on my visa? i will be have an appointment this coming august first week of august in the VFS Makati.. I felt little bit nervous because i want to be sure that i would pass it! because first i am unemployed, it makes me foul, please can i know more the documents? thank you and godbless and more power....:)

marlyn&kenny
28th July 2011, 10:32
wow! congrats! thought getting a visit visa (for gf/bf relationship) is hard...
might have submitted a very strong evidence that she is returning back to phils :)
well done!

alanmf1
28th July 2011, 18:16
Congratulations:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ann_barnett
29th July 2011, 01:32
I felt little bit nervous because i want to be sure that i would pass it! because first i am unemployed, it makes me foul, please can i know more the documents? thank you and godbless and more power....:)

Hi Kenandahlia,
Honestly you are right when you are unemployed, you'll have a hard time to convince the consul that you will return after your holiday... unless you have substantial savings or family business and some property docs to show that you have reasons of coming back here in the Philippines...

If you are unemployed, who will finance your travel? then if your friend from UK will do, then he has to prove that he can afford to have a visitor like good savings, stable job and suitable accommodation... ...need to make also a letter of support with your application... If just a friend, need to prove also how your friendship started and how close you are to your sponsor that he's willing to spend lots of money on your on your holiday in the UK...

Best of luck on your application....

ann_barnett
29th July 2011, 01:32
I felt little bit nervous because i want to be sure that i would pass it! because first i am unemployed, it makes me foul, please can i know more the documents? thank you and godbless and more power....:)

Hi Kenandahlia,
Honestly you are right when you are unemployed, you'll have a hard time to convince the consul that you will return after your holiday... unless you have substantial savings or family business and some property docs to show that you have reasons of coming back here in the Philippines...

If you are unemployed, who will finance your travel? then if your friend from UK will do, then he has to prove that he can afford to have a visitor like good savings, stable job and suitable accommodation... ...need to make also a letter of support with your application... If just a friend, need to prove also how your friendship started and how close you are to your sponsor that he's willing to spend lots of money on your on your holiday in the UK...

Best of luck on your application....

maintman
29th July 2011, 04:00
wow, well done, my mahal was refused twice, have a great time together :)

sars_notd_virus
29th July 2011, 10:56
Well done...Congrats:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nick30
29th July 2011, 20:27
Hey congratulations on the approved visit visa. What did you have to do to get?

angelmhe79
3rd August 2011, 16:43
Hi i want to ask if i apply a tourist visa would it be ok if i fill in the application form for 2-3 weeks only but once issued visa can i use the 6 months and stay in UK for the whole 6 months? obviously i will return to Phil before visa will expire as i dnt have intention to stay in UK without a visa. Will the immigration will check that i only apply for 2-3 weeks? will this affect my next application i.e. spousal visa?

Please i need help as im going to apply next week/

Thanls a lot

ANGEL

rusty
3rd August 2011, 19:48
Hi i want to ask if i apply a tourist visa would it be ok if i fill in the application form for 2-3 weeks only but once issued visa can i use the 6 months and stay in UK for the whole 6 months? obviously i will return to Phil before visa will expire as i dnt have intention to stay in UK without a visa. Will the immigration will check that i only apply for 2-3 weeks? will this affect my next application i.e. spousal visa?

Always be honest, you have more to lose later if they find out you have not been truthful.

Your length of stay is determined at immigration, you could be issued the visa but still refused entry when you arrive.

exquisitegeeks
4th August 2011, 04:52
Hi guys...

1st congratulations to jimbo and his partner :) I also applied for family visit visa last july 29 and now got a message from VFS saying that:

A decision on your Visa application reference number:******* has been made by the British Embassy.
Your application has been received at the UK Visa Application Centre and is ready for collection.

Then I received an sms saying that:
Your processed visa application is ready for collection. Collect your passport and docs on the next working day after receipt of this message.

--- I'm really upset and worried... Does it mean my application was refused? I'm confused. Please help.

We didn't apply for settlement visa yet because we want to spend more time together physically and showing ECO that we travelled the world just to be together might prove that what we have is genuine...

I just want to know if anyone received this kind of message too.

grahamw48
4th August 2011, 09:27
Sounds like it's been approved. :)

exquisitegeeks
4th August 2011, 14:28
Sounds like it's been approved. :)

I really hope so my friend. I will find out tomorrow if it's good or bad... Wish me luck guys.
I'm dying to see my soulmate again... Thanks for the reply graham48.

grahamw48
4th August 2011, 16:11
You're welcome (hope I'm right !), and good luck ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimbo23232
23rd August 2011, 22:56
All - thanks for the messages on this thread - my asawa has now been and gone - super sad without her but very excited for the future :) The visit was a great success - now focussed on the wedding in November.

If I can help anyone with information on what we submitted for the visit visa, please give me a shout on jameswall23@yahoo.co.uk, or on here - from everything I read on this forum, I know that visit visas are not easy for couples but they are most definitely possible :)