PDA

View Full Version : ''Poor'' to be banned !!

sars_notd_virus
14th July 2011, 14:01
looks like they are not happy taxing us on our beers and tobacco, they have now decided to ban us'' poor'' from being in love or happy:angry:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jul/13/home-office-proposals-family-migration

''Home Office proposes minimum income threshold for those wishing to bring a spouse, partner or dependents to the country.
British citizens who are poor or unemployed could be prevented from marrying the spouse of their choice if new family migration proposals become law.''

scott&ligaya
14th July 2011, 14:35
well if you read sexyvictoria`s posts I have some sympathy for this proposal. But then there but for the grace of god go I.

grahamw48
14th July 2011, 14:52
Well, if you weren't poor before you got married.... :laugher:

Terpe
14th July 2011, 14:56
This represents a wide ranging and radical consultation.
Here is the UKBA news release entitled Government launches consultation on family migration (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2011/july/20-family-migration)

johncar54
14th July 2011, 15:26
On the wider front.

A person who gets any sort of financial benefits from the Government (that is any subsidy / gift to them from those (of us) who pay tax and do not get it all back in benefits) is a drain on society. Dare I say, parasite ?

Why would any government want to permit / encourage such people to settle in their county ?

Choosing to marry whom you wish is not a given right, no more than choosing what sort of lifestyle one has, the car they drive, the house they live in, or who should be permitted to join you in a country, etc.

That is, if you can't afford it why should others provide the wherewithal for you?

Quote, "they have now decided to ban us'' poor'' from being in love or happy"

Not so, just that you must it by your own efforts, not on the backs of others.

grahamw48
14th July 2011, 15:28
I would rather they'd increase their efforts in getting rid of the illegals who are already here !

:angry:

johncar54
14th July 2011, 15:29
I would rather they'd increase their efforts in getting rid of the illegals who are already here !

Why not both ?

Moy
14th July 2011, 16:48
:doh:rolleyes: human discrimination really:doh

sars_notd_virus
14th July 2011, 17:10

yes, they are making it all difficult for those applicants outside the EU:doh

Moy
14th July 2011, 17:13

very true:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
14th July 2011, 18:18
If you think about it :rolleyes: ... you'll come to more or less the same conclusion as I have. And that is, this "shakeup" ... this so-called "4th phase" of government plans to curb immigration ... is, in practice, nothing new. :nono-1-1: Successive British Governments have, for years, been doing their damndest to discourage their own electorate from marrying - and subsequently bringing their lawfully-wedded foreign partners to the UK for settlement - by implementing extortionate visa fees that were patently intended to be unaffordable for all but the most wealthy citizens. :doh

When that :idea: backfired ... they introduced other, more rigid, measures - such as the 'Life in the UK Test' and subsequently, KOL testing - all the while "opening the floodgates" to non English speaking Europeans. :angry:

Yes ... we need to control our borders; the UK landmass is simply not LARGE enough to accommodate an ever-increasing population. But ... rather than penalise those who desire to come here for perfectly legitimate reasons ... our political masters should be concentrating their efforts into disassociating themselves with the :crazy:, bizarre legislation - few people want or need - dreamt up in Brussels!

stevewool
14th July 2011, 18:24
good old england , :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Arthur Little
14th July 2011, 19:15
good old england , :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Not just England, Steve :NoNo: ... the WHOLE of :Britain: I'm happy with the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - that has existed perfectly satisfactorily since 1603.

What I am decidedly unhappy about :cwm23: is continental inflence meddling with our centuries' old traditions !!!

stevewool
14th July 2011, 20:07
the trouble is Arthur, its hard work all the time here , stress and more stress from work , bills gatting higher when will it end , i am not poor neither am i rich, most proberly i am like lots on here working hard for a nice life, i dont claim anything never had , emma works so hard also and pays tax and insurance too, again i will say this the united kingdom does seems to be the dumping ground of the world for now, just makes me angry that most do pay lots to be here me included,and the rest just seem to walk in for free , sorry to go off on one just stress i need a holiday:doh

Ako Si Jamie
14th July 2011, 20:46
They're quite prepared to let every Tom, Dick, and Harry from abroad into this country but if a foreigner, god forbid, wants to get married to a person who was born & bred in the UK then it's a completely different story. They let murderers from Zimbabwe stay here because of their 'human rights'. What about OUR human rights? Stopping two people who love each other from being together surely falls into this category!

They're quite happy to give pensions out to foreigners who have never contributed anything here but they won't let an unemployed British national bring his mahal here. Bunch of hypocrites. :cwm23::cwm23:

Actually you'll probably have more chance of bringing a ladyboy over than a woman as you can play the 'gay' card. Britain just loves the minorities. Everyone else gets ....ed over! :cwm23::cwm23:

hawk
14th July 2011, 21:07
in stead of taking it out on the wrong people why dont they tell all people on dhss that to get there money they have to do some free work no work no pay instead of giving it away only thing free in uk dole housing :cwm23:

stevewool
14th July 2011, 21:09
i dont know what the answers are , i have family who have never worked and they know how to work the system they dont seem to have worries and there hair is still dark too:yikes:, mine went white years ago, its gone gray since em arrived i think:icon_lol:

grahamw48
14th July 2011, 21:12
Spot on Jamie, and over the past 20 years it's been getting harder and harder and more and more expensive. :rolleyes:

sars_notd_virus
14th July 2011, 21:29
MONEY rules..everybody knows that:angry:
78 seats for representatives from the UK in the EU Parliament ..what are they doing??...making our life's miserable and them to live nice and cozy ..:angry:
new laws and rules and more tax ,...i hope they dont tax us to breath here...ooopsss they already do(carbon tax) grrr really boils my blood!!

welcome to the uk my luv!!:doh

Arthur Little
14th July 2011, 22:54
They're quite prepared to let every Tom, Dick, and Harry from abroad into this country but if a foreigner, god forbid, wants to get married to a person who was born & bred in the UK then it's a completely different story. They let murderers from Zimbabwe stay here because of their 'human rights'. What about OUR human rights? Stopping two people who love each other from being together surely falls into this category!

They're quite happy to give pensions out to foreigners who have never contributed anything here but they won't let an unemployed British national bring his mahal here. Bunch of hypocrites. :cwm23::cwm23:

Actually you'll probably have more chance of bringing a ladyboy over than a woman as you can play the 'gay' card. Britain just loves the minorities. Everyone else gets ....ed over! :cwm23::cwm23:

:gp:s ... ALL of them, Jamie ... the whole 'System's grossly unfair ... and there's evidently :censored:-all 'Joe Public' can do about it! :furious3:

johncar54
15th July 2011, 08:25
in stead of taking it out on the wrong people why dont they tell all people on dhss that to get there money they have to do some free work no work no pay instead of giving it away only thing free in uk dole housing :cwm23:

That idea has been doing the rounds since I was a kid (I am 71). The problem with that, as with prisoners doing some productive work, is that the Trade Unions will not allow it.

In Spain prisoners can work, both in prison and sometimes outside. But then that was instituted before Spain became a democracy and the unions took over the asylum !

johncar54
15th July 2011, 08:27
78 seats for representatives from the UK in the EU Parliament ..what are they doing??...making our life's miserable and them to live nice and cozy ..:angry:
new laws and rules and more tax ,...i hope they dont tax us to breath here...ooopsss they already do(carbon tax) grrr really boils my blood!!

And what are the 640 odd MPs doing in UK when most legislation now comes from Brussels !!!

ozzmantel
15th July 2011, 10:51

Well said, when you get married and join the system legally you can contribute to society and well as monetarily. Sort out dodgy student visas first!

Moy
15th July 2011, 10:55

very true sars :xxgrinning--00xx3: and well said

Moy
15th July 2011, 10:57
And what are the 640 odd MPs doing in UK when most legislation now comes from Brussels !!!

hmm eating fish and chips:rolleyes::D

Arthur Little
17th July 2011, 00:26

:Erm: ... dreaming up novel - and foolproof - ways of fiddling their expenses, perhaps. :rolleyes:

sexyvictoria
17th July 2011, 00:56
that's why I don't wanna go there anymore:NoNo: I'm applying for my fiance visa and it's really stressful :bigcry: I shud have a English test, the P60 of my fiance, Bank statement :cwm23: I really don't want to go there anymore..but I miss my fiance and i don't want to have a waving good byes again whenever he goes back to UK. I was searching in the net til i found this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/consultations/family-migration/consultation.pdf?view=Binary I hope God have mercy on me so i can get my visa before this new law:icon_sorry:

sexyvictoria
17th July 2011, 01:01
Guys why don't you just fill this form so your voice will be heard. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/consultations/family-migration/response.pdf?view=Binary

sars_notd_virus
17th July 2011, 17:05
hmm eating fish and chips:rolleyes::D

:Erm: ... dreaming up novel - and foolproof - ways of fiddling their expenses, perhaps. :rolleyes:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
17th July 2011, 17:06
next thing they will charge for all of us is to have a ''visa''to live:rolleyes::cwm23:

Arthur Little
17th July 2011, 17:25
next thing they will charge for all of us is to have a ''visa'' to live :rolleyes::cwm23:

:rolleyes: ... many's the true word said in jest, :D Mari ... :gp:!

Arthur Little
17th July 2011, 17:33
And the SPEED :Bolt: with which they do so, will leave us all breathless ... literally!

Maria B
17th July 2011, 19:12
next thing they will charge for all of us is to have a ''visa''to live:rolleyes::cwm23:

:icon_lol::icon_lol: or the air we breath....:laugher::laugher:

scott&ligaya
18th July 2011, 10:33
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it just gets worse here every month it seems..........I am now taking names for 1 hectare each of the 11 heactare island for sale in Honda Bay off Puerto Princesa, if we can get 10 couples on board we can buy it for 2.5 million a piece and build our own community, see the thread on rant... the straw that broke the camels back.