PDA

View Full Version : Are wedding plans needed??

resnic123
5th May 2007, 12:56
Hi all

Can anyone tell me when applying for a fiance visa do you have to have wedding plans?
I mean do u have to show evidence that u are planning a wedding in the near future?
Or can u apply without plans?

Thanks

Stew:)

scotsfiancee
5th May 2007, 13:25
Hi all

Can anyone tell me when applying for a fiance visa do you have to have wedding plans?
I mean do u have to show evidence that u are planning a wedding in the near future?
Or can u apply without plans?

Thanks

Stew:)

:doh

Fiancee visa (http://british-filipino.com/application%20for%20settlement.html) is a 6 months visa which means you're going to get married here in UK within that time. If no wedding happens then she will have to go back to Philippines, simple as that!

As what i had explained to you in the other thread, you will write it in your supporting letter your intentions to get marry her, wedding details (date,time,location). This topic has already been asked by most of the members here so pls use the SEARCH FUNCTION

:)

resnic123
5th May 2007, 13:39
Ok sorry
but i dont care if she has to return. i want that cos im not prepared to get married that quick.
Its not something im gonna do on a whim.

In my opinion the system is totally flawed.

Thanks.

scotsfiancee
5th May 2007, 13:42
If getting married are still not in your plans, then there's no point in getting fiancee visa. SO we all wish u luck in your tourist visa application.

resnic123
5th May 2007, 13:48
Thanks.

How can they assume someone who has never been to this country to get married here and just live happily ever after.
What if that person does not like it here and wants to return home. What happens to the marriage?
This is not a fairytale.

This is why i feel the system is flawed.

Thailand and Vietnam have it sussed.

Thanks

scotsfiancee
5th May 2007, 13:58
Well, every other filipina here in the uk has been and has to do same.

Thats the immigrations rules to follow.....

resnic123
5th May 2007, 14:04
but living together for the rest of your life is a huge commitment.
thats why holiday visa would be ideal for couples trying to see if living together works.
With fiance visa u are already making a commitment in my eyes.

Ahhhh
why so complicated in Phili???!!!

empott
5th May 2007, 15:58
:Erm: That's like test driving a car and then return it if u dont like it!

LadyJ
5th May 2007, 16:26
but living together for the rest of your life is a huge commitment.
thats why holiday visa would be ideal for couples trying to see if living together works.
With fiance visa u are already making a commitment in my eyes.

Ahhhh
why so complicated in Phili???!!!

Ok sorry
but i dont care if she has to return. i want that cos im not prepared to get married that quick.

Thanks.

Thanks.

How can they assume someone who has never been to this country to get married here and just live happily ever after.
What if that person does not like it here and wants to return home. What happens to the marriage?
This is not a fairytale.

Thanks

I do actually understand what is your point and you are quite right..

The Embassy shouldn't strict the option to allow your gf/bf in the Phils to have a visit visa first and this gives them a chance to see what is their future going to be look like here

but for the embassy, If you have a relationship with a filipina you should get her fiance than visit visa or if you don't want to marry your gf yet then I guess the embassy wants the britons to do the hard work travelling 20+ hours just to be with their love ones.

joebloggs
5th May 2007, 16:49
Thanks.

This is not a fairytale.

Thanks

iam not so sure, i go on a large thai uk web forum, and many thai's get their vistor visa refused, and from what ive read about thai's marrying a brit and later trying to bring her kids, many have failed in getting visa's for them, also i see more thai's get their spouse visa refused, from what i've read on here and getting my own stepson a visa, it was straight forward in the philippines.

but yes must be easier to get a visitor visa for vietnam as a friend of a friend got his vietnam gf a vistor visa and shes been here more than 4 months.

russ01539
5th May 2007, 17:01
To resnic123.

I assume you have known your partner for some time now - 3-6 months maybe ?

Another 6 months in the UK, and you will have known/been with her for a year +.

Question: Surely if you truly loved your partner you would know within this period of time if whether or not you are both 'right' for one another ?

If you are unsure after this time then I suggest you maybe aren't ready for marriage, or have a serious commitment problem. Your lady in PI will love you and want to be with you wherever you are, in UK or the north pole it doesn't matter. Sounds like its a commitment problem to me.

Chrisirene
5th May 2007, 17:41
Ok sorry

Thanks.

Oh c'mon dont be selfish to your GF... if u respect her u should care for her reputation or records in the embassy...
getting a fiancee visa is a BIG DEAL for us as a Filipina.

( Respect = LOVE )

resnic123
5th May 2007, 19:30
Haha
I can see your point embott.
But this is just not me im talking about here.
Im also considering her is this equation.
What if she comes her and does not like it but we still love each other.
Its not fair to keep her here because of marriage.

I've been to philippiines 3 times and although i like it, its not somewhere i could live.

Thanks
Stew

resnic123
5th May 2007, 19:33
Thankyou LADY J for seeing my point.
Im still waiting for outcome of tourist visa but from what i have heard it is not looking good.

Fiance visa may be my only option.
I chatted with my gf online today and she agrees with me.
We have to be sure before making that commitment.

Ingat

Stew

resnic123
5th May 2007, 19:38
Yes Joe bloggs

You are right. thailand is quite hard to get visa also.
But it is easier than Phili. My collegue in work, his wife is from Thailand.
She visited the UK 3 times as tourist before they married.
Yes Vietnam is so much easier. My broather has a gf from vietnam. Her tourist visa was sorted out in 2 days.
Talk about efficiency.

Thanks
Stew

resnic123
5th May 2007, 19:40
To resnic123.

I assume you have known your partner for some time now - 3-6 months maybe ?

Another 6 months in the UK, and you will have known/been with her for a year +.

Question: Surely if you truly loved your partner you would know within this period of time if whether or not you are both 'right' for one another ?

If you are unsure after this time then I suggest you maybe aren't ready for marriage, or have a serious commitment problem. Your lady in PI will love you and want to be with you wherever you are, in UK or the north pole it doesn't matter. Sounds like its a commitment problem to me.

Hi there Russ
Its not a commitment thing.
I 've known my Gf for since Nov 2005 and i visitied her 3 times in The Philippines.
In my eyes chatting to someone on line and spending a total 7 weeks with someone, in and out of different hotels, is not something to base marriage on.

Marriage is a huge commitment in life and i've seen too many go wrong to just jump into it.

I need to know whst its like to spend a long period of time with someone before that commitment. I feel a tourist visa would allow me to do this.
But its ulikely i she will get

Thanks

resnic123
5th May 2007, 19:44
Oh c'mon dont be selfish to your GF... if u respect her u should care for her reputation or records in the embassy...
getting a fiancee visa is a BIG DEAL for us as a Filipina.

( Respect = LOVE )

Im not being selfish believe me.
Im considering her in all this.
She may not like the uk and may want to return home whether she loves me or not. Its wrong for her or me to be forced into commitment so that she can just visit.
I believe u when you say a fiance visa is a big deal.
But my Gf is the most laid back person ever. So when i told her that she would probably not get tourist visa, her response was 'ok'.
Its more of a big deal to me.:D

LadyJ
5th May 2007, 19:46
Don't loss your hope resnic123, you never know she might get approved with visit visa.

Goodluck!

resnic123
5th May 2007, 19:55
Thanks LadyJ
My fingers are crossed :)

Chrisirene
5th May 2007, 20:20
Yeah lady J is right... :D

Good Luck resnic123 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

resnic123
5th May 2007, 20:38
Thanks Chrisirene:)

eljean
5th May 2007, 21:12
well u can still try to get her a tourist visa to see it for yourself... i think it will cost you less since you dont have plans to get her fiancee as you dont believe in getting married right away...and it cost 500 quid now the settlement visa fee vs. tourist visa. who knows? you would still be getting same chances in both visa you might be granted or might be not...
but you have also talk it over to her...people here is suggesting you get her a fiancee visa for there's a higher chances she could come in england...and have 6 months with you...for the reason that you can marry her and within that time and if you dont then she has to go home... as there is also one case that they applied for a tourist visa then decided to marry and thought they can convert it into marriage visa without going back home...but as long as she knows the plan and if you will just explain to her your point....that you just do it for you to spend some months together living...and find out what your heart really wants from her...then at least she knows where she stands if she agreed on that i mean theres nothing wrong about it if you decided not i bet if she ever gets back in the phil and by the time you decided you wanna spend the rest of your life you can still apply for a fiancee visa...or you can marry her in the phil...or for a safer way is that why just not visit her in the phil and get to know her by talking online...at least your not gonna break's someones heart if you cant marry them:rolleyes:and another thing is not to waste time and money and chances...

resnic123
5th May 2007, 21:58
well u can still try to get her a tourist visa to see it for yourself... i think it will cost you less since you dont have plans to get her fiancee as you dont believe in getting married right away...and it cost 500 quid now the settlement visa fee vs. tourist visa. who knows? you would still be getting same chances in both visa you might be granted or might be not...
but you have also talk it over to her...people here is suggesting you get her a fiancee visa for there's a higher chances she could come in england...and have 6 months with you...for the reason that you can marry her and within that time and if you dont then she has to go home... as there is also one case that they applied for a tourist visa then decided to marry and thought they can convert it into marriage visa without going back home...but as long as she knows the plan and if you will just explain to her your point....that you just do it for you to spend some months together living...and find out what your heart really wants from her...then at least she knows where she stands if she agreed on that i mean theres nothing wrong about it if you decided not i bet if she ever gets back in the phil and by the time you decided you wanna spend the rest of your life you can still apply for a fiancee visa...or you can marry her in the phil...or for a safer way is that why just not visit her in the phil and get to know her by talking online...at least your not gonna break's someones heart if you cant marry them:rolleyes:and another thing is not to waste time and money and chances...

Thanks Eljean
I always appreciate any advice i can get.
I have been to Philippines 3 times now to see my GF. July 2006 Nov 2006 and March 2007. We do gat on extremely well.
My problem is that being on holiday and spending a few weeks together is different to spending the reat of your life together.
As you say maybe i could apply for tourist visa when she is here on fiance visa.
From what i hear though fiance visa is my best option.
Money is not the problem.
i just think its ridiculous that you have to be put in that position and commitment just for my gf to visit me and see what it is like in the uk.:furious3:
The filipino system is so flawed in comparison to Thailand and Vietnam.
But i cross my fingers that something may happen with tourist visa.
But it doesn't llok good :angry:

Thanks
stew:)

scotsfiancee
5th May 2007, 22:08
The filipino system is so flawed in comparison to Thailand and Vietnam.
But i cross my fingers that something may happen with tourist visa.
But it doesn't llok good :angry:

Its just how it works in Philippines :)

I got your point Stew, i know its alot of hassles in applying any kind of visa in our country! But we can't do nothing bout that. As what were trying to say, you both have to talk what the best thing u should do after all. Pretty sure she may like UK :cwm38: just to be with you.

resnic123
5th May 2007, 22:24
Its just how it works in Philippines :)

I got your point Stew, i know its alot of hassles in applying any kind of visa in our country! But we can't do nothing bout that. As what were trying to say, you both have to talk what the best thing u should do after all. Pretty sure she may like UK :cwm38: just to be with you.

Thanks scots
i spoke to her earlier today and she agreed that the fiance visa is a hassle but i think she is willing to do it.
I think if i have to go that route i will go to philippines myself and meet her again, with all the necessary documents for fiance visa and apply while im there.
Otherwise i wont see her for long time.
Being with her for the rest of my life may be the best decision i ever make.
But i gotta be sure and cover all angles
Maybe she will like the UK:)
I'll just wait to see the outcome of tourist visa:cwm34:

Thanks
Stew

eljean
5th May 2007, 22:32
As you say maybe i could apply for tourist visa when she is here on fiance visa.

you got it so wrong:NoNo: ...people here is saying that in the philippines...its kinda hard to get tourist visa for we provide evidences that we have enough funds to support our visit in england...which is i believe that you gf does not have:bigcry:

as anybody else here... i am as well as suggesting you to get her a fiancee visa for there is a higher chances she can come and have 6 months with you there in england...

Fiancee visa gives you the chance to get married in that 6 months time visa...
(I assume only)who knows you might both realize living together in that certain time and feel that you wanna spend the rest of your life together and get married without her going back home she might like living in uk with you as you have just said that you are totally considering all her feelings about it or it is just have something to do with you :Erm: what were trying to say here is that why not be so unsure when there's a better way you can be sure at the end of it.:D
and if you decided not to or still not having that kind of feeling she can go back home at the end of her stay...

no you cannot apply tourist visa while on fiancee visa... what i said is that there is one case in here that a girl is on tourist visa and they thought they can get married and convert it into settlement visa which there is not and you really have to go back to phil...and for her to be able to get married and stay in england for longer she has to apply for a fiancee visa...

i hope you get it right this time or i will:bigcry: or my last good advice is settle your heart for what you feel is the right thing to do....:cwm38:

empott
5th May 2007, 23:02
Haha
I can see your point embott.
But this is just not me im talking about here.
Im also considering her is this equation.
What if she comes her and does not like it but we still love each other.
Its not fair to keep her here because of marriage.

I've been to philippiines 3 times and although i like it, its not somewhere i could live.
Thanks
Stew

:doh My name is empott, Stew :D
Filipinas are adaptable people so i think ur gf will be ok there. And home is where the heart is, Stew. If she loves u, she'll be happy just to be with u. Just consider my case, i don't wanna leave Philippines but since my husband went back to UK, i'm not happy here anymore. I just wanna be with him and spend the rest of my life with him.
I understand u, living in the Philippines is hard. My hubby stayed here for almost a year. And though he loves it here alot, i cant stand looking at him unhappy coz he doesn't have friends and don't speak the language. And living here is so hard if u don't have millions of money.:bigcry:
Oh and its not the Phils, its the British Embassy that wont allow us to visit. They don't trust Filipinos :icon_lol:
Hope ur gf get her visa and God Bless.

resnic123
5th May 2007, 23:58

you got it so wrong:NoNo: ...people here is saying that in the philippines...its kinda hard to get tourist visa for we provide evidences that we have enough funds to support our visit in england...which is i believe that you gf does not have:bigcry:

as anybody else here... i am as well as suggesting you to get her a fiancee visa for there is a higher chances she can come and have 6 months with you there in england...

Fiancee visa gives you the chance to get married in that 6 months time visa...
(I assume only)who knows you might both realize living together in that certain time and feel that you wanna spend the rest of your life together and get married without her going back home she might like living in uk with you as you have just said that you are totally considering all her feelings about it or it is just have something to do with you :Erm: what were trying to say here is that why not be so unsure when there's a better way you can be sure at the end of it.:D
and if you decided not to or still not having that kind of feeling she can go back home at the end of her stay...

no you cannot apply tourist visa while on fiancee visa... what i said is that there is one case in here that a girl is on tourist visa and they thought they can get married and convert it into settlement visa which there is not and you really have to go back to phil...and for her to be able to get married and stay in england for longer she has to apply for a fiancee visa...

i hope you get it right this time or i will:bigcry: or my last good advice is settle your heart for what you feel is the right thing to do....:cwm38:

Hi
Ok i see what you are saying.
To be honest i would like to marry her but like i said i have to be 100% sure that it will work out.
I've seen too many marriages not work out to jump into such a comitment so quickly. But it is something i have considered very seriously.

My gf is so close to her family like alot of filipinos.
And she is only 22 (im 29 by the way)
Im not sure if she is ready for such a commitment.
Living in a country with no friends or family can be so isolating.
My borthers gf is from vietnam.
She likes it here but she does not want to live here.
So my Brother will probably move to Vietnam eventually.
Im sure she would like to be with me but maybe just not here in UK.
If i fail at Tourist i will try for Fiance. :)

Thanks fro advice:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Stew

eljean
6th May 2007, 00:11
:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

resnic123
6th May 2007, 00:12
:doh My name is empott, Stew :D
Filipinas are adaptable people so i think ur gf will be ok there. And home is where the heart is, Stew. If she loves u, she'll be happy just to be with u. Just consider my case, i don't wanna leave Philippines but since my husband went back to UK, i'm not happy here anymore. I just wanna be with him and spend the rest of my life with him.
I understand u, living in the Philippines is hard. My hubby stayed here for almost a year. And though he loves it here alot, i cant stand looking at him unhappy coz he doesn't have friends and don't speak the language. And living here is so hard if u don't have millions of money.:bigcry:
Oh and its not the Phils, its the British Embassy that wont allow us to visit. They don't trust Filipinos :icon_lol:
Hope ur gf get her visa and God Bless.

I hope it work out for you and your husband.:)

My gf says she wants to be with me but i feel she has to experience life here before she make that commitment.
She is very Naive.

Philippines is nice if you like the sun but im a redhead and the sun does not agree with me:icon_lol:
I was badly burnt on one of my visits to Phili.:cwm23:

Its ridiculous that british embassy will not trust Filipinos.
There are so many Filipino workers now in the UK in the health industry etc.
Relations should have improved by now.
I know of very few illegal filipino wrokers in teh UK.
Or maybe im wrong.:cwm25:

Thanks for advice
Stew

tiger@tigress
6th May 2007, 01:46
I hope it work out for you and your husband.:)
My gf says she wants to be with me but i feel she has to experience life here before she make that commitment. She is very Naive.
Stew

Hi! dont worry she will get by! Tiger met lots of Filipina in preparation for my coming.... and im looking forward having dinner with all of them..... There is one girl whom he run after just to ask if she is Filipina but she is Thai and were having a dinner with her and her English husband as well!

Just make her feel at home :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

russ01539
6th May 2007, 13:23
Resnic123. There is a possibility to get your gf a tourist visa, but only if your prepared to wait and spend some money. The requirements are a little different for a tourist visa than a fiancee visa for obvious reasons but here it is.

Tourist Visa: The embassy want to see that your gf has 'assets' in PI. The question they will ask themselves is.... does this woman have a reason to return to PI, which is stronger than staying illegally in UK. And has/is she going to leave those assets in PI whilst she travels to UK. Basically how big is her bank account, where is her income coming from, and could/would she leave it all behind to stay in UK. If she can satisfy them that she could not possibly want to stay in UK, and would HAVE to come back to PI, then she will be issued a tourist visa. ie. she is a business woman with a bank account who owns some land/assets, or maybe her family is rich, or she has children she is leaving behind and owns her own home.

Failing that I would suggest you go fr the fiance visa. You will have six months in UK. But make sure it is the worst possible six months of weather for your fiancee to endure. Least then if she can cope with that she will love our summer and all will be well.

My wife comes from Northern Manilla, one of the hottest parts of PI, and very humid too, but her friend who came over to marry my best friend comes from mountainous Southern Mindanao district near Davao. My wife always feels cold, but her friend has no problem adjusting to our climate. So there are factors like these you should be considering for your fiancee/gf. But other than the weather, or a bad husband, I never heard of a Filipino wanting to abandon her partner and go home to PI for any other reason. So ask yourself where she comes from, is it super hot, like the plains of Northern Luzon, or a milder climate like mountainous regions etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

resnic123
7th May 2007, 00:01
Resnic123. There is a possibility to get your gf a tourist visa, but only if your prepared to wait and spend some money. The requirements are a little different for a tourist visa than a fiancee visa for obvious reasons but here it is.

Tourist Visa: The embassy want to see that your gf has 'assets' in PI. The question they will ask themselves is.... does this woman have a reason to return to PI, which is stronger than staying illegally in UK. And has/is she going to leave those assets in PI whilst she travels to UK. Basically how big is her bank account, where is her income coming from, and could/would she leave it all behind to stay in UK. If she can satisfy them that she could not possibly want to stay in UK, and would HAVE to come back to PI, then she will be issued a tourist visa. ie. she is a business woman with a bank account who owns some land/assets, or maybe her family is rich, or she has children she is leaving behind and owns her own home.

Failing that I would suggest you go fr the fiance visa. You will have six months in UK. But make sure it is the worst possible six months of weather for your fiancee to endure. Least then if she can cope with that she will love our summer and all will be well.

My wife comes from Northern Manilla, one of the hottest parts of PI, and very humid too, but her friend who came over to marry my best friend comes from mountainous Southern Mindanao district near Davao. My wife always feels cold, but her friend has no problem adjusting to our climate. So there are factors like these you should be considering for your fiancee/gf. But other than the weather, or a bad husband, I never heard of a Filipino wanting to abandon her partner and go home to PI for any other reason. So ask yourself where she comes from, is it super hot, like the plains of Northern Luzon, or a milder climate like mountainous regions etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Hi Russ
thanks for the advice.
I know now she has no hope of getting a tourist visa.
My only option will be a fiance visa.
I guess i just have to wait for her tourist visa denial and for our documents to be returned before we can apply.

My gf is from Butuan in northern Mindanao.
I think she would be fine with the weather here.
Its more likely she will be here during winter anyway.
I just hope she would not be lonely and bored when i am working.:NoNo:

Thanks

Stew

resnic123
7th May 2007, 00:03
Hi! dont worry she will get by! Tiger met lots of Filipina in preparation for my coming.... and im looking forward having dinner with all of them..... There is one girl whom he run after just to ask if she is Filipina but she is Thai and were having a dinner with her and her English husband as well!

Just make her feel at home :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

Thanks for the advice Tiger.
Maybe she could make some friends thru this site:)

Stew:xxgrinning--00xx3:

resnic123
9th May 2007, 11:29
Hey
Just thought i'd let everyone know.
My GF has an interview next wed 16th for a tourist visa.
From what i heard about tourists visas i didn't even think that she would get an interview. I thought she would just be denied a visa without interview because she is umemployed.
So my fingers are corssed.

Thanks all
Stew :)

eljean
9th May 2007, 15:13
who know"s?:)

LadyJ
9th May 2007, 16:31
Hey
Just thought i'd let everyone know.
My GF has an interview next wed 16th for a tourist visa.
From what i heard about tourists visas i didn't even think that she would get an interview. I thought she would just be denied a visa without interview because she is umemployed.
So my fingers are corssed.

Thanks all
Stew :)

Hey! tell to your partner to explain to the ECO the reason why you chose visit visa for her and ask her to make a good reason why she's not currently working, no savings etc. I'm sure the ECO will ask all of these.

resnic123
10th May 2007, 00:08
Hey! tell to your partner to explain to the ECO the reason why you chose visit visa for her and ask her to make a good reason why she's not currently working, no savings etc. I'm sure the ECO will ask all of these.

Thanks Lady J :)
I will take your advice and talk it through with my Gf

thanks again
Stew

resnic123
17th May 2007, 19:03
Hi everyone
I got great news today, my gf was granted her tourist visa. :)
Thank god cos i really wanted her to come over and see what its like her in Uk.
So we didn't have to go throught the whole fiance visa process
Maybe next time

I guess me meeting her 3 times in phili and taking her to Hong Kong once may have gone in my favour.
Who knows, but she is coming. yippee!!

Thanks all

Stew

vbkelly
18th May 2007, 16:59
Hi everyone
I got great news today, my gf was granted her tourist visa. :)
Thank god cos i really wanted her to come over and see what its like her in Uk.
So we didn't have to go throught the whole fiance visa process
Maybe next time

I guess me meeting her 3 times in phili and taking her to Hong Kong once may have gone in my favour.
Who knows, but she is coming. yippee!!

Thanks all

Stewcongrats!!!:Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

resnic123
18th May 2007, 19:44
Thanks vb kelly :)