PDA

View Full Version : What if your spouse is just earning basically £1,380 after occupation tax.....

ann_barnett
14th July 2011, 06:34
Another question is: what if your spouse is just earning £1,380 monthly.. That is his basic after occupation tax and he's spending monthly cost of living £780 and his latest bank ending balance is only £3,200...

Assuming all papers are done with suitable accommodation with tenancy agreetment, bank statements, payslip, employment contracts, etc...

Do you think, there's a possibility that settlement visa will be approved?:Erm:

Steve.r
14th July 2011, 07:38
JUST that money .......:doh:doh:doh:doh

Terpe
14th July 2011, 08:25
The financial status is all about disposable income. That is, how much of your income is available for discretionary spending after taking out the really key costs of rent/mortgage etc. There is no need to include the whole cost of living such as food, telephone, internet, electric etc.
A good guide for a couple would be to have a around £106 per week.

Looks like you will have absolutely no issues with UKBA on financials

KeithD
14th July 2011, 09:44
That's more than enough money, you only need prove you have income left over each month to support the other half without recourse to public funds.

ann_barnett
14th July 2011, 14:12
Thanks Winwin, Terpe and steve...

When you fill up the settlement form and you put the date when do you expect to arrive in the uk, say 31 October 2011 then you lodge your papers tomorrow and assuming luckily after 3days they approved your spouse visa... will it be dated 31 October 2011 as the start of your two years validity? or dated from the time visa was approved or granted? :Erm:

Steve.r
14th July 2011, 14:59
Not sure, but good luck Ann :xxgrinning--00xx3:

wytdoll
15th July 2011, 11:33

When you fill up the settlement form and you put the date when do you expect to arrive in the uk, say 31 October 2011 then you lodge your papers tomorrow and assuming luckily after 3days they approved your spouse visa... will it be dated 31 October 2011 as the start of your two years validity? or dated from the time visa was approved or granted? :Erm:

Not sure about this. But I as of my experience they will grant your visa usually same date as your target date or at least 2 days before.. Good luck with that.. Don't you think Oct is not a good month for your wife to go? Just worried about the weather better for her to go here while still Summer than freezing cold winter.. Just a thought..:Wave:

Terpe
15th July 2011, 12:55

Technically the earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months ahead of planned travel date. You cannot be issued with a visa dated for longer than 3 months
Also the visa is valid for 27 months.
Means that under normal conditions the visa can be issued and the ILR qualifying period of 24 months living in UK can be achieved without extra expense or problem.

Please do not make any confirmed travel plans until you have the visa.

If you stating the expected travel date of 31 October 2011 it is highly likely that it will be included to the visa.
Alternatively, to make absolutley sure you get the max UK living time, then make the application say 1 month ahead of time.

ann_barnett
16th July 2011, 00:10
Thanks Terpe... More power to you.. :)

dan&pam
31st August 2011, 17:46
A good guide for a couple would be to have a around £106 per week.

I was wondering if this is an official figure that needs to be met to qualify for sponsorship.
So I would NEED to have £424 per month unspent on a bank statement proving I can financially support my Fiance?
After my rent, bills, food, direct debits, etc, for me to save £424 on top of all that, I would not be left with a whole lot of money at all.
So if i saved say £300 per month instead of £424, does it make much difference? (hypothetical figures).

I'm just curious, and any help on this is gratefully received :)

KeithD
31st August 2011, 20:18
No figure, you just need to show you can support the other half without her claiming public funds.

Terpe
31st August 2011, 20:33
I was wondering if this is an official figure that needs to be met to qualify for sponsorship.
So I would NEED to have £424 per month unspent on a bank statement proving I can financially support my Fiance?
After my rent, bills, food, direct debits, etc, for me to save £424 on top of all that, I would not be left with a whole lot of money at all.
So if i saved say £300 per month instead of £424, does it make much difference? (hypothetical figures).

I'm just curious, and any help on this is gratefully received :)

There really isn't any actual amount stated in the 'immigration rules' that indicate just how much is considered as 'sufficient'.

Basically, the UKBA will be looking at the amount of money left after any key fixed/regular expenditure (such as rent or mortgage payments etc) We all have different key fixed/regular outgoings.
Disposable income does not include anything you spend on food,cigarettes,internet, mobile Phone etc

Various Immigration Tribunal's have concluded that it would not be appropriate to have immigrant families existing on resources that were less than the 'Income Support Level' for a British family of the same size. This is probably the best guide available.

In principle this means that if it is likely that the amount of money that the applicant and sponsor will have to live on would fall short of that available for a family of similar size from welfare benefits then the ECO may consider this as appropriate grounds for investigation or even refusal.

The current 'Income Support' rates are £105.95 per week for a couple (both over 18 yrs) and an additional £62.33 per week for each dependent child

Hope this helps :xxgrinning--00xx3: