PDA

View Full Version : finally in the UK now with kids..,

aryM
13th July 2011, 16:21
Hi everyone,.i've just arrived here in the uk last July 9. Already done the NHS registration, and have applied for national number and applied my kids in school. I wanted to open a bank account, any suggestions? my husband phoned his bank and said that i need a credit record,..but I'm just new here and has no credit history....:Erm: can anyone here suggest what should I do?

Does anyone here lives in Reading?

Bluebirdjones
13th July 2011, 16:23
If he's got a Lloyds bank account, they let him "sponsor" your application.

stevewool
13th July 2011, 16:40
you can open a bank account , as long as you got id with the address you are living at, like the council tax , emma did this straight away with the nat west

sars_notd_virus
13th July 2011, 16:41
Welcome to the uk Ary!!
In my case, i waited till my NI Card arrived and all our utility bills be put to both me and my husbands name before we applied for joint account and single account for me in the bank...its Barclays btw

aryM
13th July 2011, 17:01
thanks for the replies,...we'll try to consider your suggestions...thanks again., what else do i need to do, i mean are there still registration things etc...

Arthur Little
13th July 2011, 17:11
Hi everyone,.i've just arrived here in the uk last July 9. Already done the NHS registration, and have applied for national number and applied my kids in school. I wanted to open a bank account, any suggestions? my husband phoned his bank and said that i need a credit record,..but I'm just new here and has no credit history....:Erm: can anyone here suggest what should I do?

Does anyone here lives in Reading?

:welcomex: to the UK, Mary. You've arrived at a good time of year ... OUR "Summer" season ... :sunshine: and :raining: in more or less equal measures. As regards banking arrangements ... well ... :anerikke: ... you have already had suggestions from Bluebird, Steve Wooley and Sars for going on with ... according to what best suits your needs ... and I daresay there'll be more to follow.

As for members living near you ... :rolleyes: ... there's Dedworth and his wife - they're in Berkshire (of which Reading is the 'county town') - and [I think] quite a few others besides. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
13th July 2011, 17:22
welcome to the sunny cloudy UK :Jump:
Lloyds TSB is fine:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aryM
13th July 2011, 17:29
:welcomex: to the UK, Mary. You've arrived at a good time of year ... OUR "Summer" season ... :sunshine: and :raining: in more or less equal measures. As regards banking arrangements ... well ... :anerikke: ... you have already had suggestions from Bluebird, Steve Wooley and Sars for going on with ... according to what best suits your needs ... and I daresay there'll be more to follow.

As for members living near you ... :rolleyes: ... there's Dedworth and his wife - they're in Berkshire (of which Reading is the 'county town') - and [I think] quite a few others besides. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Sir Arthur..!

Tawi2
13th July 2011, 17:30
Mabuhay sa Reading :) I know a lady from Davao lives in Reading,I think she has been there about 2 years?She used to have a shop in Victoria Plaza :)

aryM
13th July 2011, 17:31
welcome to the sunny cloudy UK :Jump:
Lyods Tsb:) is pretty fine to start with bank account..you can use the letter from your GP/NHS as proof of your address and your ph passport ,that should be fine:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Moy, huubys been thinking about Loyds too, might do some enquiry on the nearest loyds bank here., thanks again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
13th July 2011, 17:42
Mabuhay sa Reading :) I know a lady from Davao lives in Reading,I think she has been there about 2 years?She used to have a shop in Victoria Plaza :)

wow tawi..you remind me of victoria plaza..:D i am from davao as well if you know:icon_lol: and use to mamalengke in bankerohan :D (wet market)

Moy
13th July 2011, 17:44
Thanks Moy, huubys been thinking about Loyds too, might do some enquiry on the nearest loyds bank here., thanks again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

you'll be fine arlyn:) ..as long as you got the requirement ive said aboved..they can open an account for you that quick even on the first visit..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanmf1
13th July 2011, 18:23
Welcome aryM:xxgrinning--00xx3:Enjoy & Take time to settle in:Wave:

grahamw48
13th July 2011, 18:32
Welcome to the forum and to the UK, aryM. :)

There is an account available at all banks now called a 'Basic Account'.

It is much easier to open one of those.

stevie c
13th July 2011, 18:40
you can open a bank account , as long as you got id with the address you are living at, like the council tax , emma did this straight away with the nat west

HI arry welcome to the uk steve wool is right my florsel done exactly the same with natwest :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
13th July 2011, 18:45
the sunny cloudy UK :Jump:

:) Spot on! That sums up our climate perfectly ... 'temperate', it's called - with [virtually] no extremes.

rusty
13th July 2011, 18:50
welcome to the UK :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
13th July 2011, 19:17
:) Spot on! That sums up our climate perfectly ... 'temperate', it's called - with [virtually] no extremes.

:D

aryM
13th July 2011, 20:06
thanks everyone :xxgrinning--00xx3: your ideas mean a lot to me,..a thanks for the warm welcome,.. God Bless!:Hellooo:

joebloggs
13th July 2011, 20:13
:xxgrinning--00xx3: great news arym

alanp
18th July 2011, 15:54
Welcome to d uk arym! Been waiting for ur post i u r already here. Tc always

alanp
18th July 2011, 15:56
This is jennie btw. Sorry did not notice that i am logged on with alan's acct. Hehehe

aryM
21st July 2011, 09:52
This is jennie btw. Sorry did not notice that i am logged on with alan's acct. Hehehe

Hi Jen,..thanks.,hope to meet you sometime :) We're still quite busy this past days with all the registrations. And my father in law has just died recently. It's been nearly 2 weeks now since we've arrived, and we're still coping with the UK weather :D

Maria B
21st July 2011, 10:27
thanks everyone :xxgrinning--00xx3: your ideas mean a lot to me,..a thanks for the warm welcome,.. God Bless!:Hellooo:

Welcome to the UK aryM. Hope u will settle ok...:Wave::)

jen28
23rd July 2011, 16:36
Oh sorry to hear that. Condolence. Hope to see u soon. Tc

aryM
16th August 2011, 12:37
Yes, It would be nice to see you personally one of these day jen,.havent meet new filipino friends here :)

Piamed
16th August 2011, 16:29
I had problems getting abank account for Pia with Santander. We share cards but will switch accounts to joint ones as soon as we can get around to going into a branch together.

chinee
19th August 2011, 01:41
Hi arym! Just wondering, u mention you've done nhs registration? Did they give u a nhs number? I called the gp yesterday and they said im not eligible yet until my sixth month here. I have a spouse visa. All n.i., banks and others wer ok aprt from nhs number. Hmmmm, does it depend which gp you try to register to? :NoNo:

aryM
19th August 2011, 08:40
Hi arym! Just wondering, u mention you've done nhs registration? Did they give u a nhs number? I called the gp yesterday and they said im not eligible yet until my sixth month here. I have a spouse visa. All n.i., banks and others wer ok aprt from nhs number. Hmmmm, does it depend which gp you try to register to? :NoNo:

Hi Chinee, yes I've done my NHS registration but they didn't give me a number. A week after the registration my husband and I took my son to the GP for being ill and was sent for blood test, and went to see another doctor at Royal Berks hospital and found out that our names were not yet on the list as NHS registered, but still we were accommodated cos we told them that we have registered already and showed some documents. I don't know if there's a processing time for that, might ask about it too now cos we might be asked next time about our NHS number.

chinee
21st August 2011, 23:42
Hmmm, ok. Coz I have been registered with that gp since 2005, but still I wont be given a number as I need to be here for at least 6 months since coming back june this year. They mentioned that I can get free treatment for Accident and emergencies...:rolleyes:

aryM
22nd August 2011, 13:11
Hmmm, ok. Coz I have been registered with that gp since 2005, but still I wont be given a number as I need to be here for at least 6 months since coming back june this year. They mentioned that I can get free treatment for Accident and emergencies...:rolleyes:

Yes thats what my husband told me.,:)