PDA

View Full Version : OMG. Answered Prayer.... Finally Got my Visa today....

joancarillo
13th July 2011, 15:17
Thank you for this Forum from the bottom of my heart. Finnally Got my Visa today.:Jump::Jump:

But I have a question. I applied for Fiancee Visa and I got a Spouse Visa valid for 2 years. Is it a Problem?:Erm:

I applied here in Qatar.

Thank you so much Guys!!!! It feels really great!!!!:Jump::Jump:

Moy
13th July 2011, 15:36
:rolleyes:spouse and fiancee visa is different if am correct:Erm:
so if youve applied for fiancee visa thats the time that you can apply for spouse visa after you been married:rolleyes:

btw Congratzzzzz:)!

aryM
13th July 2011, 15:59
Congratulations Joan.,:Hellooo:

sars_notd_virus
13th July 2011, 16:44
Congrats:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
13th July 2011, 16:48
Thank you for this Forum from the bottom of my heart. Finnally Got my Visa today.:Jump::Jump:

But I have a question. I applied for Fiancee Visa and I got a Spouse Visa valid for 2 years. Is it a Problem?:Erm:

I applied here in Qatar.

Spouse visa is for couples who are already MARRIED (to each other).

If you're not married to your partner, did you go through some kind of agency to procure your visa ? :Erm:

tone
13th July 2011, 16:52
I am not offering advice here - but maybe you should run off and get married in a hurry...:D

grahamw48
13th July 2011, 17:00
Spouse visa wouldn't have been issued without the marriage cert having been seen. :NoNo:

Moy
13th July 2011, 17:13
I am not offering advice here - but maybe you should run off and get married in a hurry...:D

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
13th July 2011, 17:49

I applied here in Qatar.

Fristly very many congratulations on the granting of "a visa"
Secondly, come the question which visa is it that you have.

Are you married?

wytdoll
13th July 2011, 19:19

I applied here in Qatar.

Congrats with that! But I myself applied for fiance visa and granted 6months of stay. So bit confuse with yours, are you married?

joancarillo
13th July 2011, 19:33
Thank you so much Guys!!!

Its been 1 month for the result of my visa and finally got it today!

I applied for fiancee visa cause we will get married in UK. But when I got my visa today its written is Visa Spouse - Spouse/CP of Name of my Fiancee. and its valid for 2 years.

I will check tomorrow in Uk Application Center cause it might have a prob. in Immigration in UK.

Hope everythings will be alright... :)

queenie
13th July 2011, 19:43
wow congrats.. i applied my spouse visa here in bahrain and i'm still waiting for my result now. it's been one month and 2 weeks :( but still hoping for a good news :)

Lancashirelad
13th July 2011, 19:58
Congratulations! - My fiancee got her fiancee settlement visa a couple of months ago - in the passport it says: VISA MARRIAGE/CP - SPONSORS NAME
It is valid for 6 months.

I would check with the embassy, if its the wrong type you could have problems here on entry :(

Terpe
13th July 2011, 20:02
Does the visa type state Visa Marriage/CP?
and
In Observ. does it states:- No work or recourse to public funds?

Or

does the visa type state:- Visa Settlement Spouse/CP?
and
In Obsev. Does it only state:- No recourse to public funds?

joebloggs
13th July 2011, 20:07
:doh is it valid for 24 or 27 months ?

joancarillo
13th July 2011, 20:14
its written VISA SPOUSE/CP-Spouse/CP of My Fiancee Name.

Valid from 13July 2011
Valid until 13 Oct. 2013

joancarillo
13th July 2011, 20:16
Obsrv. No recourse to public funds.

grahamw48
13th July 2011, 20:19
Got to be the wrong one. :Erm:

Terpe
13th July 2011, 20:22
It looks to be a spouse visa has been incorrectly issued. How bizarre .

Better question that one, who knows what would happen if you don't get everything updated and 'regularised'

joebloggs
13th July 2011, 20:24
yes it looks like they have made a mistake :doh :Cuckoo::crazy:
better contact them, so they can change it :doh

joancarillo
13th July 2011, 20:27
Im so worried now! :doh

I am really glad to have this visa. But I am sure i will have a prob. in immigration in UK if they will ask for marriage certificate.

Ok Guys, I will return back tomorrow in Uk Application Center. And I will let you know whats gonna happend next.

Thank you so much!!!!:)

Terpe
13th July 2011, 20:28
Well, that's a first for me. :)

Terpe
13th July 2011, 20:29
Im so worried now! :doh

I am really glad to have this visa. But I am sure i will have a prob. in immigration in UK if they will ask for marriage certificate.

Ok Guys, I will return back tomorrow in Uk Application Center. And I will let you know whats gonna happend next.

Thank you so much!!!!:)

I wonder if you could claim out of pocket expenses :Erm:

stevie c
13th July 2011, 20:30
HI Joanne im so so pleased that you got your visa i never doubted for one minute that you would have a happy outcome. i send you congratulations on behalf of me & florsel. we look forward to meeting you when you finally arrive here in the uk well done jo :Jump:

joebloggs
13th July 2011, 20:34
Well, that's a first for me. :)

it happened before terpe, but not that common, usually they spell your name wrong :D

joancarillo
14th July 2011, 12:07
Hello Guys, Its such a good feeling now! :)

I send back my passport VFS to revised the visa and will get it by next week. :Jump:

Thanks to all your help!!!:Hellooo:

Arthur Little
14th July 2011, 12:33

I send back my passport VFS to revised the visa and will get it by next week. :Jump:

:) Whilst I never doubted your :pray:ers would be answered, :nono-1-1: ... I'm ASTOUNDED at the incorrect type of visa being issued! :cwm24: However, all's well that ends well ... and I'm relieved you've taken the requisite action to have it amended appropriately. Congratulations and best wishes.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
14th July 2011, 12:48
good stuff:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
14th July 2011, 13:32
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
but it might have been tempting to use the one they sent to :rolleyes:

but you'll only get problens later :doh:NoNo:

tone
14th July 2011, 13:40
Good to hear the slight problem has been resolved!

Tone

grahamw48
14th July 2011, 14:28
Very sensible. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank goodness you noticed. :cwm24:

joancarillo
18th July 2011, 06:24
And finally got it passport with the correct visa.

Visa Marriage/CP fiancee name
Valid 13/07/11 to 13/01/12
Obsrv. No work or REcourse public funds.

Thank you so guys for all your advice and help all the time!!!

Terpe
18th July 2011, 09:40
And finally got it passport with the correct visa.

Visa Marriage/CP fiancee name
Valid 13/07/11 to 13/01/12
Obsrv. No work or REcourse public funds.

Thank you so guys for all your advice and help all the time!!!

Well done.
All set to go now :xxgrinning--00xx3:

McGregor03
21st August 2011, 12:54
Hi everyone.Am a filipina and am happily engaged to a scottish.
I'll be applying my fiancee visa soon next month..I just don't know what are the documents that I need to gather and how long will it take to have my visa..ANd can I take the English Language exam here in Cebu?
I just wanna be with my partner as soon as I can coz I miss him so much and I can't afford to be far from him for too long...
I will really appreciate it if someone can ans.my Q's..

Thank u...xx

grahamw48
21st August 2011, 13:58
Hi, and welcome. :Hellooo:

If you look for the UKBA (UK Border Agency) site on the internet, that is where they tell you what is needed, and all about visas.

Main thing you need to do straight away is make sure you have a birth cert on NSO paper and a passport.

Good luck ! :)

Terpe
21st August 2011, 16:56
Hi there McGregor, welcome.
Take a look here:-
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/26857-Applying-for-a-Fiance-or-Spouse-Visa-A-quick-guide

Not forgetting the English language test.

Have you both met face to face yet? If not you need to think about doing that before making application for settlement visa.

Alona
21st August 2011, 21:16
congratulations!

Moy
21st August 2011, 22:15
well done you:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maria B
22nd August 2011, 10:04
[QUOTE=joancarillo;301760]Thank you for this Forum from the bottom of my heart. Finnally Got my Visa today.:Jump::Jump:

:Hellooo: joan & congratulations.

Your story is....u applied for a Fiancee Visa but got the Spousal visa? You mentioned that the type of visa u got is: VISA SPOUSE/CP-Spouse/CP of My Fiancee Name for 2 years. This sounds new to me or is this the new one???? no idea. But seems u are lucky. Looks like u got both.
If you are married the type of visa will be: Visa Spouse/ CP - Spouse/ CP of ....name of the husband.

My thought about this is....the UK embassy always phone any application for an interview invitation if there's some discrepancies/ clarifications. Oh please don't worry about what I've said.

Friend's Story....In my friends case, her husband filed a tourist visa & at the same time the spousal visa. She was called for an interview in the UK embassy with a thorough investigation & w/ the evidence she showed them like photos, MC plus she's pregnant at that time...she waited & after an hour she was given a spousal visa straight away so that she will not come back again in Manila w/ her condition (she's from Cebu) & was refunded for the tourist visa fee. Sounds different one but it's a sort of clarity.

Suggestion: Guess your partner (husband) may phone the centre for verification to get rid of the worries. :):Wave:

Maria B
22nd August 2011, 10:09

Hi Joan,
just read this post...happy u sorted it out.
Bless u!
:Wave:

Maria B
22nd August 2011, 10:13
Hi everyone.Am a filipina and am happily engaged to a scottish.
I'll be applying my fiancee visa soon next month..I just don't know what are the documents that I need to gather and how long will it take to have my visa..ANd can I take the English Language exam here in Cebu?
I just wanna be with my partner as soon as I can coz I miss him so much and I can't afford to be far from him for too long...
I will really appreciate it if someone can ans.my Q's..

Thank u...xx

Hi Mcgregor,

Welcome to this friendly forum. Kumusta? I'm from Cebu too. Lots of Visayan members here.
Terpe got u a site thread to check. If you browse as well there's a lot of threads about your concerns.
Good Luck & hope you sorted all the answers from this forum.
:Wave: