PDA

View Full Version : Recent visa applications?

thedug
5th May 2007, 01:22
Hi everyone,

Has anyone applied for a fiancee visa recently?
We applied for ours on March 30th and have still not heard anything back yet (today is 5 weeks since we submitted it). I realise that it says on the UKVACS website that the processing time can be up to 3 months. But most people on this forum have got theirs back within 1 month and I was wondering if anyone has any success recently.

We need to have our decision before the end of this month (or we'll need to change the wedding date of July 7th) and I'm getting worried about it now :Help1: :Help1: :Help1:

tiger@tigress
5th May 2007, 03:41
Hi everyone,
Has anyone applied for a fiancee visa recently?
We applied for ours on March 30th and have still not heard anything back yet (today is 5 weeks since we submitted it). I realise that it says on the UKVACS website that the processing time can be up to 3 months. But most people on this forum have got theirs back within 1 month and I was wondering if anyone has any success recently.
We need to have our decision before the end of this month (or we'll need to change the wedding date of July 7th) and I'm getting worried about it now :Help1: :Help1: :Help1:

No need to worry if u follow all the procedure from this site im sure you will get the visa in no time! Like you said maximum is 3 months! When we applied for the visa we consider having visa in 3months time...
Relax:Hellooo: :Hellooo:

scotsfiancee
5th May 2007, 09:17
Still plenty time to wait, u will hear the good news soon :)

prettyd30
5th May 2007, 09:23
just wondering guys... how long have you met you fiancee before you apply for a visa?

LadyJ
5th May 2007, 09:37
just wondering guys... how long have you met you fiancee before you apply for a visa?

It doesn't really matter how long you have known each other.

What important is, you need to prove that your relationship is genuine and how strong your evidences.

prettyd30
5th May 2007, 09:48
What important is, you need to prove that your relationship is genuine and how strong your evidences.

Thank you lots LadyJ... appreciate it a lot. :) I'm quite worried about it.

greenbeltboy
4th August 2007, 16:17

I hope this is true! :D

LadyJ
4th August 2007, 16:25
I hope this is true! :D

Why? you have a problem with that?

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 14:33
Why? you have a problem with that?

Yes, I think. Just hoping it's true, because my partner and I are planning on getting a visa for me. We've met each other around March/April of 2007, and our relationship really blossomed. However, the only evidence(s) that we have are receipts (from his visit here), a few postal mail envelopes, lots of email and chat conversations.

kimmi
26th November 2007, 14:35
it will be fine greenbelt as long as u can prove to the ECO that ur relationship is genuine..and u have constant communication..:)

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 14:39
OMG, that was a fast response! I was just about t o close this tab and read the UK Embassy website. THANKS!

I was reading another thread earlier, and came across the term CFO. What does it mean?

Read it from Am I also welcome here? Hello to everybody! - Filipino UK Forum (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=4426)

LadyJ
26th November 2007, 14:57
Yes, I think. Just hoping it's true, because my partner and I are planning on getting a visa for me.

Depends on what visa you are applying..

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 15:01
Probably going to get a settlement visa. Not sure yet... Any suggestions? :-)

Durkhaima
26th November 2007, 15:16
Like everybody says here, Settlement Visa Sponsored by a Spouse has the biggest chance of getting appoved. You can apply for that provided that you have a spouse to sponsor you.

LadyJ
26th November 2007, 15:19
If settlement visa then your partner must marry you there in the Philippines and can provide all the settlement required.

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 15:20
My partner is willing to sponsor me, so does that mean we should go with the settlement visa sponsored by a spouse?

LadyJ
26th November 2007, 15:24
AS I said depends on the visa you are applying for, you said settlement but you seems unsure about this.

kimmi
26th November 2007, 15:24
are u married already?

LadyJ
26th November 2007, 15:28
If you don't want to marry your partner yet then go for tourist visa , your partner can sponsor you but this one is the hardest visa to get.

Must prove to the embassy that you are coming back home like showing your savings account statement, current job and any properties you have under your name.

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 15:30
are u married already?

Not married yet, but we're thinking of getting a Civil Partnership, once I'm in the UK.:)

kimmi
26th November 2007, 15:32
sis if I we're not mistaken Greenblet boy is under the samesex partner, so she might be confuse on wot visa to take..

LadyJ
26th November 2007, 15:34
:Erm:
sis if I we're not mistaken Greenblet boy is under the samesex partner, so she might be confuse on wot visa to take..

Are you Greenbeltboy?

kimmi
26th November 2007, 15:35
Not married yet, but we're thinking of getting a Civil Partnership, once I'm in the UK.:)

hi Greenbelt,

since uve already read the thread,"Am I also welcome here...." I guess u also read there that before u can apply for a visa u need to have at least two years of relationship..

and about the CFO sticker it is needed by our Phil.Immigration in case we need to live the country..

u can visit this website http://www.cfo.gov.ph for more info re CFO.

Goodluck..:)

Durkhaima
26th November 2007, 15:36
I know of a Filipina who got a tourist visa despite the fact that she doesnt have any property or any employment background and also is a mother to a young child in Dumaguete. The only bank account she has is the one opened for her by her sponsor who happens to be quite wealthy. Based on her financial position in the Phils you wouldnt think she would have a chance of obtaining a visit visa. But within a month after filing her application she was granted one solely because of the status of the sponsor who's also got letters after his name.

LadyJ
26th November 2007, 15:40
Greenbeltboy you said you are visiting the UK on this thread >> http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=4116

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 15:46
OK, now I'm getting more confused.

it will be fine greenbelt as long as u can prove to the ECO that ur relationship is genuine..and u have constant communication..:)

...... then you say:

I guess u also read there that before u can apply for a visa u need to have at least two years of relationship..

?? :Erm::Cuckoo:

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 15:47
Greenbeltboy you said you are visiting the UK on this thread >> http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=4116

That was our plan at that time, but it has (obviously) changed now. :D

kimmi
26th November 2007, 15:58
hi Greenbelt,

let take it this way..In applying for a settlement visa there is really no rules on how long a relationship should be..whether it will be in months or in years as long as u can prove to the ECO that ur relationship is genuine and u can provide all the necessary documents..

but, in ur post to this thread http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=4309

and since u decide to be in a Civil Partnership once ure in UK, I am sorry but the rules are different..

How do I qualify to join my unmarried or same-sex partner in the UK?
You and your unmarried or same-sex partner must show that:
any previous marriage, civil partnership or similar relationship, has permanently broken down
you have been living together in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership for two years or more
you have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you and your household, and where you and your dependants can live without any help from public funds
you can support yourselves and any dependants without any help from public funds
you intend to live together permanently
your partner is not under 18, and
you are not under 18.

The Entry Clearance Officer will need to see evidence of a two-year relationship. This may include:
documents showing joint commitments, such as bank accounts, investments, rent agreements or mortgages, and
letters linking you to the same address, and official records (such as a gas or electricity bill or proof of your rent or mortgage arrangements) of your address

At first, you will be allowed to stay and work in the UK for two years. Near the end of this time, if you are still partners and intend to continue living together, you can apply to stay permanently in the UK.

If you and your unmarried or same-sex partner have been living together outside the UK for four years or more and you meet all the necessary requirements to stay permanently in the UK, you may be granted indefinite leave to enter. These requirements include showing that you have the necessary level of knowledge of the English language and life in the UK (see the relevant section of this guidance for more information).

please do visit also the UK VISA website for more updated information..http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com

greenbeltboy
26th November 2007, 16:03
]ure saying that ure in a Civil Partnership or same sex relationship so the rules for that are different..

I'm not yet in a Civil Partnership with my partner, but we're planning to do get a Civil Partnership, once I'm in the UK. :)

Tiggers0608
26th November 2007, 23:56
:Erm: hhmm if its same sex maybe the visa would be tourist visa first or fiancee visa?

i think what you need to do is e-mail the ukvacs manila, thats the best thing to do lol. ask them about what visa to apply regarding civil partnership. :BouncyHappy:

good luck.

greenbeltboy
27th November 2007, 00:14
I don't think they'd reply to that. They might just refer us to another service/company. Hehe, but thanks for the info. :)

Tiggers0608
27th November 2007, 22:37
You maybe right but there's no harm in trying right?

they will answer your e-mail doing .... coyping and posting from the ukvacs websites lol :doh:Brick::D ...

atleast you tried hehehe :cwm12::CompBuster:

coz most of us here are just answering question based on our experienced, what read on websites and rightful knowledge.

hhmm maybe you should try uk immigration websites and other likes. :Hellooo:

good luck:)

melmart
29th November 2007, 14:43
i think u just have to wait yes sometimes it happens that the waiting wont be that long just like me i only waited for a month.i hope that u had all the requirements that they needed and the evidence of your relationship is more than enough and is genuine.it might be that there are quite a lot who are applying and it might take time to wait for it but hopefully it will come soon which is the most important thing! good luck!

greenbeltboy
29th November 2007, 14:45
i think u just have to wait yes sometimes it happens that the waiting wont be that long just like me i only waited for a month.i hope that u had all the requirements that they needed and the evidence of your relationship is more than enough and is genuine.it might be that there are quite a lot who are applying and it might take time to wait for it but hopefully it will come soon which is the most important thing! good luck!

What kind of visa did you apply for?

andypaul
29th November 2007, 20:40
I don't think they'd reply to that. They might just refer us to another service/company. Hehe, but thanks for the info. :)

May also be worth emailling the Uk embassy in the phill many on here have and recieved replies. One thing is no British goverment department would want to be seen as discrimating agaisnt anybody for any reason.

greenbeltboy
29th November 2007, 22:49
How long is the Visit for Civil Partnership visa valid for (It's under Visit visa in the http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ application form)?

greenbeltboy
29th November 2007, 23:02
:cwm23::Erm::bigcry::cwm34::cwm23:

I feel so furiously hopeless in my application. It's asking now me to
What arrangements have been made for either notification of the marriage or civil partnership or for the marriage or civil partnership ceremony?. We haven't reached that stage yet. :cwm34::NoNo:

greenbeltboy
13th December 2007, 11:44
Is the no bag and mobile phone policy also being used at the Address of UK Visa Application Centre
VFS Services Philippines Private Inc.
Phil-Axa Building, 2501-02,
1286 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Corner Tindalo Street,
Makati City, Manila
Philippines

??

I'll be coming from the office tomorrow, and will be bringing stuff, that's why I'm asking, for clarification.

andypaul
13th December 2007, 12:09
Others will be able to answer better than me but in the embassy when i went you had to hand in your mobile in exchange for a ticket. Bags were a big no no when i was at the embassy.

Hopefully those that have been can help you

Manilana
13th December 2007, 14:08
Is the no bag and mobile phone policy also being used at the Address of UK Visa Application Centre
VFS Services Philippines Private Inc.
Phil-Axa Building, 2501-02,
1286 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Corner Tindalo Street,
Makati City, Manila
Philippines

??

I'll be coming from the office tomorrow, and will be bringing stuff, that's why I'm asking, for clarification.

Hi Greenbeltboy good evening to you.
You can bring your bag, mobile phone and your stuffs with you,but the guard will ask you to leave it and he will give you the claim number card so that you can just claim it after you done your things inside.
Make sure you switch off your cellphone, you can bring your wallet inside that office. I advice you put all your documents in a transparent plastic envelope, because I saw some applicants used black envelope and the guard ask them to leave it and just allowed them to bring all the papers inside. I used two envelopes, one for the photocopies and the other one for the original documents. The Submission Officer will be please if you arrange your papers according to the Checklist, they will return the envelopes to you after they checked your documents. I hope this helps. Goodluck... BTW , I will go to the VAC also tomorrow morning to retake my biometrics as there was a technical error when I did it last week.

greenbeltboy
14th December 2007, 05:02
Just a tip to everyone:

Make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months! I had a problem with mine, because it will expire in April 2008, so they had to call someone to confirm if I can still continue and lodge my application form.

The person said they will still accept, and will just leave the decision to the British Embassy.

andypaul
14th December 2007, 14:03
Just a tip to everyone:

Make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months! I had a problem with mine, because it will expire in April 2008, so they had to call someone to confirm if I can still continue and lodge my application form.

The person said they will still accept, and will just leave the decision to the British Embassy.

Who was the person who suggested you hand it in, if i may ask?

They most likely know better than me but for most visas and entering countries you need at least thre/six/twelve months on a visa to run.
Also just an educated guess if i applied for a six month visa to go to phill im sure they would want my passport to run longer than that time other wise its not valid when i go to leave.

If it was my money, i would get my passport sorted out and then apply otherwise they may turn you down and you get to give them the money depends when they notice it during the process.

Whatever happens i hope it goes well for you:xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
15th December 2007, 12:08
Goodluck greenbelt..:)

jmlbp
16th December 2007, 11:48
hi kimmi!!!!

or any poster here...

can i see a copy of fiancee visa here plssss...

just wondered coz when i checked my passport status on the site it said Processed application returned to courier 12 Dec 2007.i lodged my application last nov. 16, 2007..so it so early for a result.

its through courier coz am far from manila and i put address at my uncle workplace and he got it yesterday.am now in the province so i just called my uncle whats inside..he hardly explained to me and think he have no idea about visa so cant wait to see the result.

i tried ask him if he can see word deny,approve or need interview there.all i heard from him said theres a word there "visa enter clearance" but still doubt if thats really he said to me and he mentioned also can see marriage visa and the surname of my hubby to be,and he saw a different but in my recent picture there after my tourist visa before.

plsss..want see fiancee visa what it looks like.
hope someone can post any pic here.

THANKS GUYS!!!!

jmlbp
16th December 2007, 11:54
really just cant wait...dunno if its approved,deny or need an interview.wished my uncle can talk me better.

but i asked my uncle to send me here coz no plan yet to go back in the city..am sure it takes 2 days or more to receive thats why i asked from you guys a pic on it :)

greenbeltboy
16th December 2007, 12:33
Who was the person who suggested you hand it in, if i may ask?

They most likely know better than me but for most visas and entering countries you need at least thre/six/twelve months on a visa to run.
Also just an educated guess if i applied for a six month visa to go to phill im sure they would want my passport to run longer than that time other wise its not valid when i go to leave.

If it was my money, i would get my passport sorted out and then apply otherwise they may turn you down and you get to give them the money depends when they notice it during the process.

Whatever happens i hope it goes well for you:xxgrinning--00xx3:

The person they called was Lisa Peson (? Not sure about the last name)

My passport is still valid for 4 months, up to April 2008.

greenbeltboy
16th December 2007, 12:37
Goodluck greenbelt..:)

Thanks!!!!! Need a lot of that!:D:icon_lol:

greenbeltboy
16th December 2007, 13:32
I lodged my application for last Friday, 14 December 2007, and trying to do track it on the VFS UK PH Tracking website (https://www.vfs.org.in/ApplicantStatus.aspx), but couldn't find it. Is the Application Reference Number GWF003006xxx?

jmlbp
16th December 2007, 13:44
hi greenbeltboy!

reference number the one start AMAN word /6 numbers/6 numbers/1 digit
you can find it in the receipt.

andypaul
16th December 2007, 13:45
hi kimmi!!!!

or any poster here...

can i see a copy of fiancee visa here plssss...

just wondered coz when i checked my passport status on the site it said Processed application returned to courier 12 Dec 2007.i lodged my application last nov. 16, 2007..so it so early for a result.

its through courier coz am far from manila and i put address at my uncle workplace and he got it yesterday.am now in the province so i just called my uncle whats inside..he hardly explained to me and think he have no idea about visa so cant wait to see the result.

i tried ask him if he can see word deny,approve or need interview there.all i heard from him said theres a word there "visa enter clearance" but still doubt if thats really he said to me and he mentioned also can see marriage visa and the surname of my hubby to be,and he saw a different but in my recent picture there after my tourist visa before.

plsss..want see fiancee visa what it looks like.
hope someone can post any pic here.

THANKS GUYS!!!!

never seen a Finacce visa but seen a spouse visa and a ilr visa.

Both take up most of a page. They will have a hologram, the picture you supplied. the date when the visa starts and an end date. sounds like you are succesful they dont appear to put a visa in if unsucessful.

So sounds like congrats is in order mamm:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Manilana
16th December 2007, 13:46
YES its under your name and above the passport number.
goodluck greebeltboy

jmlbp
16th December 2007, 14:03
never seen a Finacce visa but seen a spouse visa and a ilr visa.

Both take up most of a page. They will have a hologram, the picture you supplied. the date when the visa starts and an end date. sounds like you are succesful they dont appear to put a visa in if unsucessful.

So sounds like congrats is in order mamm:xxgrinning--00xx3:

really andypaul? well hope its succeed.
made me wonder coz just a month then had my result already.

so cant wait to see it in next 2 days after uncle send it. :)

greenbeltboy
16th December 2007, 14:19
hi greenbeltboy!

reference number the one start AMAN word /6 numbers/6 numbers/1 digit
you can find it in the receipt.

Hi!

So, it's AMAN/141xxx/022xxx/1?

Just tried that format, and it worked!

THANK YOU!

greenbeltboy
16th December 2007, 14:23

If memory serves me right, I think I read that a Settlement Visa can be processed within 3 months, so your timeframe is just about right, I guess.

andypaul
16th December 2007, 18:46
If memory serves me right, I think I read that a Settlement Visa can be processed within 3 months, so your timeframe is just about right, I guess.

I would not be surprised if a visa could be processed in less than two-four hours if they so wished,as thats all the ILR takes if you go in person. The printing of the visa takes longer than the interview. Some on here with in recent memory have had it within a week or so and i think our was 14 or 15 days.
I think most of the processing time is while it sits in a pile.

andypaul
16th December 2007, 19:17

Sounds like it, they send the evidence and passport normally no letter unlesss the embassy were denying you a visa.

jmlbp
17th December 2007, 03:46
hi!!

well my uncle so busy so cant send it...but he told me that its approved.he saw there from december 2007 to december 2008.
so its just a one year contract like?in fiancee visa?

kimmi
17th December 2007, 12:50
Congratz jmlbp..I am so happy for u..:)
ure on a fiancee visa right?I think it is valid for 6months..so if it was approved December it is still valid until June 2008..

Cheers..

jmlbp
17th December 2007, 13:39
hi kimmi!

oh its just 6 months?why my uncle said a one year?

how bout yours?

kimmi,may i know ur flight?and what airline is it?

kimmi
18th December 2007, 13:00
hi jmlbp,

mine is a fiancee visa and its valid only for six months..if u are on a spouse visa it should be valid for two years..maybe ur uncle just overlooked the dates..

i fly with Cathay Pacific and British Airways..when do u plan to go here?

jmlbp
19th December 2007, 01:11
hi kimmi!

ah i see...

waaaa kimmi kita tayo dyan hehehe

my flight will be on 29th,so spend my new year there already.
am glad to be back home soon!

kimmi
19th December 2007, 13:04
sure sis i am really excited to see u in person coz i havent seen any filipina here yet in my place...waaaahhh..:)

goodluck sis and happy trip..

jmlbp
25th December 2007, 13:41
hi kimmi!!

see you soon! hehehe....always cold there?

by the way,in my new visa says marriage visa
from november 12,2007 to november 6,2008 valid.so almost one year

iba pala yun sa fiancee visa?am confused