PDA

View Full Version : Police Farce

Arthur Little
12th July 2011, 19:32
An 82-year old pensioner was hospitalised for several days ... after being tasered :NEW4: by armed police called to investigate an incident involving an "offensive weapon" in Ealing, West London.

Unbelievable!

Had the :olddude: waved his walking stick threateningly at someone ... ?

Tawi2
12th July 2011, 19:44
I wouldnt arm the majority with pea-shooters never mind tazers,I zapped myself once with a stun-gun just to test it,shocking :omg:

Moy
12th July 2011, 20:17
They need time to understand a situation from someone who is often vague, panic-stricken or angry.:NoNo:

Arthur Little
12th July 2011, 22:53
someone who is often vague, panic-stricken or angry. :NoNo:

:omg: ... sounds like ME!

imagine
12th July 2011, 22:59
what do the police know or understand of pensioners, when the police are just new out of diapers :laugher:

Moy
12th July 2011, 23:00
:omg: ... sounds like ME!

:rolleyes:;)

bornatbirth
12th July 2011, 23:05
you can never be too careful with a old timer :xxsport-smiley-002:

Arthur Little
13th July 2011, 00:07
you can never be too careful with a old timer :xxsport-smiley-002:

:anerikke: ... true ... so you'd better watch out! :cwm24:

Arthur Little
13th July 2011, 00:15
Mind you ... :rolleyes: ... looking at your avatar ...

Farmerg
13th July 2011, 00:15
My friend has just left her job in a care home, she decided to leave after a 86 year old resident with dementia chased her down a corridor wielding a fire extinguisher :omg:
She had previously that day been grabbed from behind ( bear hug ) by a little old lady & it took three staff members to prise her off!

Arthur Little
13th July 2011, 00:16
... you've little room to talk, son! :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
13th July 2011, 00:20
... you've little room to talk! :icon_lol:

:laugher: ... not you, George. :NoNo: I was referring to my Moderatorial colleague when our respective posts overlapped! :)

Farmerg
13th July 2011, 00:22
:icon_lol: Arthur

Arthur Little
13th July 2011, 00:28
My friend has just left her job in a care home, she decided to leave after a 86 year old resident with dementia chased her down a corridor wielding a fire extinguisher :omg:
She had previously that day been grabbed from behind ( bear hug ) by a little old lady & it took three staff members to prise her off!

I can well-believe it! Some of these old besoms :oldlady::oldlady: CAN be - and are known to be exceedingly dangerous ... especially those with dementia.

johncar54
13th July 2011, 09:11
I cannot find any where an account of what the 'offensive weapon' was, without knowing that and the circumstances to make any comment is just a wild guess, inspired by an eye catching headline, designed to sell papers. But I did read that he was arrested for possessing any offensive weapon.

If it turns out that guy was just about to cut someone's throat, or something similar, I guess your opinions might be different !

For example, there was also a report of an 89 year old who was tasered. Again that probably made a great headline but in that case he was about to cut his wrists, so the police probably saved his life.

Sorry if I spoiled the 'let's have a go at the police' game.

bornatbirth
13th July 2011, 09:37
Sorry if I spoiled the 'let's have a go at the police' game.

i dont think any one is?

can a elderly man be that much trouble for the police to handle, unless its a scene from "hot fuzz" :Erm:

scott&ligaya
13th July 2011, 10:54
Well thatdepends on what medication he was on.... and of course with the compensation culture now even for injured policeman they are probably directed to use "stand off pacification and restraint" methods to avoid any potential injury. Of course he may as Johncar54 said have been threatening someones life or his own

johncar54
13th July 2011, 11:03
Well thatdepends on what medication he was on.... and of course with the compensation culture now even for injured policeman they are probably directed to use "stand off pacification and restraint" methods to avoid any potential injury. Of course he may as Johncar54 said have been threatening someones life or his own

And do you think that in a maybe life and death situation, where action needs to be taken immediately, a copper (or even a poster from here) can know what medication anyone is on instantly ? Be real.

joebloggs
13th July 2011, 11:06
i dont think any one is?

can a elderly man be that much trouble for the police to handle, unless its a scene from "hot fuzz" :Erm:

yes they can, from personal exeperince, and from what the misses has told me working in hospitals , dont under estitmate their strength.

scott&ligaya
13th July 2011, 11:07
no you miss my point , I was merely replyling to the comment do you really think an 82 yr old represenents a threat. You are correct to point out that no one is aware of the facts of the incident

johncar54
13th July 2011, 11:13
no you miss my point , I was merely replyling to the comment do you really think an 82 yr old represenents a threat. You are correct to point out that no one is aware of the facts of the incident

I am 71 and believe me I am quite capable of blowing someones head off or fatally stabbing them and I see no reason why in 10 years that will not still apply.

Terpe
13th July 2011, 11:20
I am 71 and believe me I am quite capable of blowing someones head off or fatally stabbing them and I see no reason why in 10 years that will not still apply.

:yikes::yikes:

Terpe
13th July 2011, 11:24
Tasers have had plenty of negative press. With a 50,000 volt potential I would have thought that their use would be limited to only a few situations. As others have rightly said we just don't know why it was used in this incident.
What happened before tasers were available?

johncar54
13th July 2011, 11:28
What happened before tasers were available? Police took more personal risks and got injured more often or they shot people. I almost shot a guy who had an imitation hand gun. It was a close thing.

Terpe
13th July 2011, 11:42
I did some searching as I was curious to find out more about this case.

I happened across this news item from USA about a 72 Yr Old Pensioner Tasered

Vb0oHcO9F88

Here is the Dashboard Cam footage being referred to.
YKohyVJYiEU&NR

ozzmantel
13th July 2011, 13:14
what do the police wimdu (http://www.wimdu.com) or understand of pensioners, when the police are just new out of diapers :laugher:

With the elderly, why not just contain them and wait for them to get sleepy? Surely that is the kinder option!

Moy
13th July 2011, 13:42
I'm more concerned about their time being diverted from crime-fighting and responding to general emergencies:cwm24::rolleyes: