PDA

View Full Version : hi to all!!!

ein11eleven
4th May 2007, 14:58
hi to all! just seeking advice on how student visa holder in London gets by. The cost of living there? how was it? I am allowed to have part time job and was scheduled to be there by july. Any feedback will be highly appreciated... thanks!:)

baboyako
4th May 2007, 15:15
you are allowed to work, but you may find getting a job difficult because you are on a visa.

London is an expensive place, you can get a cheap place if you share with other students & live in cheap area http://www.findaproperty.com type in E16 or E6 there are plenty of cheaper places like E10 but :NoNo: that might be below your minimum standard for safety etc:xxmixed-smiley-017:

just ask here if you want to know what specific areas are like :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ein11eleven
4th May 2007, 15:35
thanks! by the way, i haven't intoduced myself, im frommuntinlupa city, 24yrs old. just quit my job for this opportunity.

im currently processing my docs through G&E Consultancy. The college is located at N15. Anyone there who knows this place? We have an arranged accomodation with my fellow students. Im a computer science graduate, and will be pursuing a diploma in IT.

In which i intend to apply for a work visa after, i have a brit friend through chat, and offer me to help me find a job? i know exactly that i cant really trust someone that fast, but i also consider him as someone i knew when i arrived. He even gives me his cellphone number, and offered me to get an assistance so that i can apply for student loan.

Well, what cha think?

baboyako
4th May 2007, 15:54
IT? ah..
should I buy a sata or an ide cdwriter? :Erm:

aromulus
4th May 2007, 15:54
Be very, very, careful with chat friends....

Personally I would not trust this extremely altruistic offer of assistance to obtain a student loan...

If it is too good to be true.... it usually ain't...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/6619289.stm

Good luck.

baboyako
4th May 2007, 16:08
The college is located at N15.

do you know the name of the college? a postcode would be good.

also the name of the body that accredits the diploma?

LadyJ
4th May 2007, 16:10
hi to all! just seeking advice on how student visa holder in London gets by. The cost of living there? how was it? I am allowed to have part time job and was scheduled to be there by july. Any feedback will be highly appreciated... thanks!:)

Yes! You are allowed to have a part time job but only 20 hours work during the week, whether weekends or weekdays.

LadyJ
4th May 2007, 16:26
thanks! by the way, i haven't intoduced myself, im frommuntinlupa city, 24yrs old. just quit my job for this opportunity.

im currently processing my docs through G&E Consultancy. The college is located at N15. Anyone there who knows this place? We have an arranged accomodation with my fellow students. Im a computer science graduate, and will be pursuing a diploma in IT.

In which i intend to apply for a work visa after, i have a brit friend through chat, and offer me to help me find a job? i know exactly that i cant really trust someone that fast, but i also consider him as someone i knew when i arrived. He even gives me his cellphone number, and offered me to get an assistance so that i can apply for student loan.

Well, what cha think?

Yes! find an employer who can sponsor you when applying for work visa (after student) make sure you finish your course here and follow all the rules as I don't think a switching visa will be permitted while you are on student.

and don't give all your trust to someone, you still need to be carefull!

Atleast here in forum we can give you advice as long as we can, on other hand you can go to your 'local job centre' near your place for advice about jobs!

Goodluck!

ein11eleven
4th May 2007, 16:28
that was London Business College. www.city-lbc.com theres a link there in which they stated that their official agent here in philippines was G&E Consultancy in whichi ask for assistance, with non refundable service fee.

Can you pls verify the college? I dont want to waste my hard earned money for nothing... thanks!

LadyJ
4th May 2007, 16:30
Oh dear! beware this agent things!! make sure they are genuine before you pay money!!! to confirm this all you need to do is ring the British Embassy Manila straight away!!

ein11eleven
4th May 2007, 16:35
i already emailed the embassy. the website they gave was the same as the one that the agency gaved me. And ive done research about the college, it exist actiually, and their website stated that they have agents.

But still need others confirmation, especially persons who personally know the place.

Anyway, why there's noone in chatroom?

LadyJ
4th May 2007, 16:51
So what was the embassy replied to you? Did you mention the name of the agent to the embassy?

About confirming it, you can only find the answer either contactiing the college here or the embassy.

KeithD
4th May 2007, 16:55
The college will sort out loans for free.