PDA

View Full Version : Stayprivate.org

Braveheart
10th July 2011, 16:55
Hello,

Have you ever been a victim of those marketing cold calls in your home land line and mobile phone numbers?

We have! It's such a bother specially when, in my case, for example, the phone will ring in a middle of a feed with my little baby, only to find out it's those call center agents.

I learned this from the BBC news the other day, you guys might be interested to register. I did!

Here's the link https://stayprivate.org/

(Hope I am not violating any forum rules, just simply want to help) :)

grahamw48
10th July 2011, 17:57
I love em !

Brings out the performer in me.

Instant heart attack, with effects ?...no problem.

Local looney complete with speech impediment picking up the phone ?...no problem.

MI6 undercover secret agent ?....no problem.

Over the top gayboy ?...no problem.

Keep em coming guys, I'm always happy to hear from you. :D

In other words, make every day a happy day. :)

Arthur Little
10th July 2011, 18:13
Hello,

Have you ever been a victim of those marketing cold calls in your home land line and mobile phone numbers?

Frequently ... on our landline ... :angry: ... although not quite so often lately, I must admit. :rolleyes:

We have! It's such a bother specially when, in my case, for example, the phone will ring in a middle of a feed with my little baby, only to find out it's those call center agents.

Tell me about it ... they're infuriating!! :cwm23:

I learned this from the BBC news the other day, you guys might be interested to register. I did!

Here's the link https://stayprivate.org/

(Hope I am not violating any forum rules, just simply want to help) :)

:nono-1-1: ... you've been VERY helpful! :thankyou:

Arthur Little
10th July 2011, 18:39
I love em !

Local looney complete with speech impediment picking up the phone ?...no problem.

:icon_lol: ... Graham's "little" :joke: ... but, for all that, it's probably effective! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
10th July 2011, 18:45
I love em !

And I thought it was only me who acted in such an undignified manner. :icon_lol:
It's great fun for me but...... my wife does not understand that kind of humour at all :doh

I love it!!!

Arthur Little
10th July 2011, 18:52
:icon_lol: ... Graham's "little" :joke: ... but, for all that, it's probably effective! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:rolleyes: ... unless the caller happens to be 'fcuk'!

Terpe
10th July 2011, 19:11

Arthur, you're probably quite right. But I have tried numerous methods to eliminate these marketing calls with limited success. Even those for my mother who passed on 2007.
However, my 'crazy' responses have secured an almost equivalent percentage of success:icon_lol:. Amazing really.
Many of the calls I get these days are showing "International" , not much to do about those unless the callers register 'something' internally to prevent further ones.
Just my experience.
I do enjoy winding them up:icon_lol:. Why not? they're paying with their time.
Great fun!

Braveheart
10th July 2011, 19:36
:nono-1-1: ... you've been VERY helpful! :thankyou:

Maraming Salamat Mr. Arthur! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Steve.r
10th July 2011, 20:02
I am the first point of contact in our company, I wear lots of hats :rolleyes: The other day I took a call from someone from Vodaphone, he was most insistant that I put him through to Chris my boss, who had only just returned from 3 months holiday in New Zealind. Now my boss cant be bothered with rubbish calls and asks me to ask specifically who they are and what they want, if they are cold sales/selling calls I weed them out for him. When I asked the guy from vodaphone what the call was about told me that he had talked to my boss a week earlier and wanted to talk about his contract. I asked him if my boss currently had a contract with vodphone and he told me just to put him through to Chris. Now at this point my boss was behind me listening to my questions, I said to him, I have a guy from vodaphone insisting I put him through to talk about a call from last week. Knowing that he was in New Zealand my boss said 'well how did he do that??? Bloody Liar!!.... tell him he's a liar' Of course I proceeded to give this guy some real:furious3: and asked to speak to his supervisor at which point he hung up.
We get these calls all day long at work, so I am a dab hand at being rude to them, it is quite a sport. Sometimes, I transfer the calls over to my colleague, who then makes them wait and transfers back to me, we have a good laugh sometimes. But at home it can be a bit much. :cwm23:

grahamw48
10th July 2011, 21:18

Don't forget I was a call centre manager for a couple of years Arthur. ;)

Set a thief to catch a thief...:D

grahamw48
10th July 2011, 21:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5UEZYeSVqA

Englishman2010
10th July 2011, 22:04
I don't usually have a problem with incoming marketing calls. I have a landline, however there is no phone connected, the line is only for my broadband. They can call that number as many times as they like, I'm never going to hear it ring:icon_lol:
If they get my mobile number, I have another simple solution to the problem. I don't answer any withheld numbers or 0845/0870/0871 numbers. If the person calling me is a genuine caller who urgently needs to speak to me, they can leave a message and I'll call back

Ako Si Jamie
25th July 2011, 21:03
I've got my landline unplugged and I only plug it in when I need to call a 0845 number which costs too much on my mobile.

And if my mobile rings and a name from my contacts doesn't come up, it doesn't get answered. And I've disabled my voicemail. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
25th July 2011, 21:54
I've got my landline unplugged and I only plug it in when I need to call a 0845 number which costs too much on my mobile.

And if my mobile rings and a name from my contacts doesn't come up, it doesn't get answered. And I've disabled my voicemail. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hmm thats a great tip jamiexxxxmaria well said..think ill do the same:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
25th July 2011, 22:10
i get these also, lately there recorded messages, saying dont hang up this is a free call, also claims companies subject have you been miss sold mortgage insurance and credit card insurance we can claim it back for you , i get that one daily , getting :piss2: off with it now,

il take a look at this bbc link:xxgrinning--00xx3: