PDA

View Full Version : visa application for wife and son

rogedavi
10th July 2011, 12:53
Hi,

I have been in a relationship with my filipina fiancé for 2 years now and we have a son who is 10 months old.

Im currently preparing the documents for her visa but my question is, do I need to make a visa application for him as well?

What is the process for him?

Thanks in advance...

rusty
10th July 2011, 13:27
If you are named on the birth certificate then you should be able to apply directly for a British passport, so no need to apply for a visa for him. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/how-to-apply/philippines/first-time-applications

rogedavi
10th July 2011, 13:30
Yes I am on the birth certificate.

She is catholic, are there issues with having a child out of wedlock and getting a passport?

Has anybody on this forum already gone through a similar process?

rusty
10th July 2011, 13:42
as long as you have all the requirements they need, then there should not be a problem. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hawk
10th July 2011, 13:53
Child (under 18) dependant of a settled person; view to settlement [fiance(e) / proposed civil partner may recieve only 6 months validity] this is from vfs site phili it also says £810 might be what you may need to know

rogedavi
12th July 2011, 20:46
so what is the definitive answer? at the moment the plan is just to get him filipino passport and apply for visa. sounds like we have to get a visa either way. can sort out a british passport when he gets here

rusty
12th July 2011, 22:10
sounds like we have to get a visa either way.

No, if you get him a British passport, you will not need to get a visa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

so what is the definitive answer?

Your choice, I have given my experience and opinion, up to you if you want to take it.

For you information, Visa £810 + Philippine passport (long wait at DFA) or British passport £81.50

joebloggs
12th July 2011, 23:39
embassy might want DNA test or to register the child, which is expensive, thou I'm sure you don't legally need to ..