PDA

View Full Version : NoW Shutdown After this Sundays Edition

KeithD
7th July 2011, 17:06
As it look like most of the management will at some point be arrested and the offices raided, Murdoch as decided to execute the paper.

Englishman2010
7th July 2011, 17:08
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

James Murdoch has announced that this Sunday's edition of the NOW will be the last as the paper is closing.

Quite right too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

However, cynical old me feels that this is a convenience for the Murdoch's as the NOW has been losing money heavily in recent years. No doubt this has also been done to help with his takeover plans for BSkyB.

Englishman2010
7th July 2011, 17:09

We posted threads on this at the same time:icon_lol:

KeithD
7th July 2011, 17:17
:NEW5::Cuckoo::ReadIt::olddude::xxaction-smiley-047:xxaction-smiley-047:Wave::Jump::Help1::Hellooo::NoNo::icon_lol::hubbahubba::cwm24::doh:rolleyes::furious3:Mines better it has more smilies :):yikes::action-smiley-081::omg::icon_sorry::D:cwm23::Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
7th July 2011, 17:18
It's your forum, you can do what you want...surprised you haven't deleted mine yet:icon_lol:

Pete/London
7th July 2011, 19:23
Smoke and mirrors really, there is a whisper of a 7 day a week Sun paper.
I bet their busy burning waste paper.

Arthur Little
7th July 2011, 19:39
As it look like most of the management will at some point be arrested and the offices raided, Murdoch as decided to execute the paper.

James Murdoch has announced that this Sunday's edition of the NOW will be the last as the paper is closing.

Quite right too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

However, cynical old me feels that this is a convenience for the Murdoch's as the NOW has been losing money heavily in recent years. No doubt this has also been done to help with his takeover plans for BSkyB.

We posted threads on this at the same time:icon_lol:

:D ... GREAT minds think alike!!

Dedworth
7th July 2011, 20:29
It seems like no-one was too bothered when they were hacking the phones of politicos, celebrities and footballers but now they've crossed the line.

I like the scandal and muck raking so I suppose I'll have to see that the Sun on Sunday turns out like

Terpe
7th July 2011, 20:31
Smoke and mirrors really, there is a whisper of a 7 day a week Sun paper.
I bet their busy burning waste paper.

Ah, The Sunday Sun.
Mmm, wonder who owns that then :D
Something has to fill the gap.

Englishman2010
7th July 2011, 20:38
Ah, The Sunday Sun.
Mmm, wonder who owns that then :D
Something has to fill the gap.

It will be something to hang up in the outside khazi....if I had one:icon_lol:

Dedworth
7th July 2011, 22:00
It will be interesting to see if the rival papers do much gloating as no doubt they were up to the same tricks

Dedworth
9th July 2011, 14:23
The Dirty Digger is flying in to sort it all out

From the FT

Rupert Murdoch plans to fly to London on Saturday to confront the crisis engulfing his global media group, as the phone-hacking scandal at his Sunday tabloid threatens to delay or even derail his bid to take full control of British Sky Broadcasting.

Four days after it emerged that journalists on the News of the World had hacked the mobile phone of the murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler in 2002 sparking public outrage, the 80-year-old chairman and chief executive of News Corporation will find his London operations under intense scrutiny from the police, politicians, regulators and the public.

KeithD
9th July 2011, 14:51
Maybe Murdoch needs to get some advice of what a crisis is off Blatter :rolleyes:

johncar54
9th July 2011, 15:24
The 'surprising' internal announcement was that what will come out, maybe in a year, will make the present situation seem tame !!!!

Of course there has always been a hazy line between bribery, and acceptable 'entertainment'. A fiver is probably a bribe a meal at the Ritz, entertainment !

I suspect there will be a long list of people (including police, MP's etc) who have 'received' some sort of favour, but where to draw the line ?

Some years ago I was part of a team that investigated a major Gas Board. We proved that probably all 300 foremen had free breakfasts for signing inflated worksheets. It was decide that to prosecute all those concerned would have removed all the Gas Board's foremen, thus no action was taken.

grahamw48
9th July 2011, 18:40
Haven't bought a British newspaper for maybe 20 years now, so not fussed really.

It won't be called the Sunday Sun though, as that is already a long-established paper up in the Newcastle area and the owners have already said 'NO'.