PDA

View Full Version : marriage law

hawk
7th July 2011, 14:52
is marriage legal in phil if you only sign paper to get married without offical present to take wedding vows ie mayor that takes cerermony?no rings no i do,s no photos only person at desk say sign papers and they will get mayor to sign when he gets back can this be legal marriage :Help1:

Terpe
7th July 2011, 15:07
is mariage legal in phil if you only sign paper to get married without offical present to take wedding vouws ie mayor that takes cerermony?no rings no i do,s no photos only person at desk say sign papers and they will get mayor to sign when he gets back can this be legal marriage :Help1:

You will need to end up with a legal and valid NSO marriage certificate.

scott&ligaya
7th July 2011, 15:28
true , you should check with the NSO in Manila if the marriage was ever registered.

scott&ligaya
7th July 2011, 15:31
I was made aware of another much cheaper way to get rid of a marriage (no not hiring a serving police officer or soldier.. but that works too LOL). I was told that if you know who to incentivise at the NSO the record will miraclously be expunged . voila no more marriage

sars_notd_virus
7th July 2011, 16:30
is mariage legal in phil if you only sign paper to get married without offical present to take wedding vouws ie mayor that takes cerermony? only person at desk say sign papers and they will get mayor to sign when he gets back can this be legal marriage :Help1:

the marriage license need to be sign by both parties in front of the solemnizing officer(mayor/judge/priest) to make it legal

Moy
7th July 2011, 16:49
is mariage legal in phil if you only sign paper to get married without offical present to take wedding vouws ie mayor that takes cerermony?no rings no i do,s no photos only person at desk say sign papers and they will get mayor to sign when he gets back can this be legal marriage :Help1:

Any foreigner who wishes to marry in the Philippines is required by the Philippine Government to obtain from his/her Embassy an "Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry" before filing an application for a marriage license.

:yikes::DIndividuals between the age of 21 and 25, must "... ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor. A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought, together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement."
Marriages must be solemnized publicly in a church, chapel, temple, judicial chambers, or offices of consuls. The only time a wedding can take place elsewhere is if the wedding is articulo mortis, in a remote location, or if the officiant receives a request for a different location.:rolleyes:

Lastly:olddude::xxaction-smiley-047he Family Code of The Republic of The Philippines states: "No license shall be necessary for the marriage of a man and a woman who have lived together as husband and wife for at least five years and without any legal impediment to marry each other. The contracting parties shall state the foregoing facts in an affidavit before any person authorized by law to administer oaths. The solemnizing officer shall also state under oath that he ascertained the qualifications of the contracting parties are found no legal impediment to the marriage.:do_it::D

hawk
7th July 2011, 17:34
they didnt have any person with authority officer to solemize the wedding as the mayor was out of town at time of wedding both signed papers but only in front of a clerk not under oath but she will be going tommorow and find out with luck it was not legal :Jump: thanks for your great help

Terpe
7th July 2011, 18:21
Check with NSO. That's the only way.

hawk
7th July 2011, 19:59
thanks too all i will keep you informed to haw it goes :Hellooo::Wave: