PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Tourist Visa Please

resnic123
3rd May 2007, 22:24
Hi all
How goes it?
Could anyone give me advice please.

I've known my gf since Nov 2005 (we started out as friends online) and i have visited her 3 times over the 10 months.
I have recently Apllied for a tourist visa for my Gf.
From what i have heard and read its quite hard to get a Tourist visa.
I have supplied bank statements, pictures, a photo copy of my passport emails etc.
I have also visited Hong kong with my Gf in March.

Basically my Question is this.
Does she have a better chance of being granted an interview or visa because i have visited her 3 times?
And does anyone know how long it takes for a tourist visa to be processed.
Am i just wasting my time?

I hope someone can help advise me.

All the best

Stew

resnic123
3rd May 2007, 22:42
Hi All
How Goes it?
I have a few qustions on Tourists visa.

I've known my gf since Nov 2005 (we started out as friends online) and i have visited her 3 times over the 10 months.
She lives in Cabadbaran in Mindanao and her name is Rosie.
I have recently Apllied for a tourist visa for my Gf.
From what i have heard and read its quite hard to get a Tourist visa.
I have supplied bank statements, pictures, a photo copy of my passport emails etc.
I have also visited Hong kong with my Gf in March.

Basically my Question is this.
Does she have a better chance of being granted an interview or visa because i have visited her 3 times?
And does anyone know how long it takes for a tourist visa to be processed.

I hope someone can help advise me.

All the best

Stew

resnic123
3rd May 2007, 23:27
HI
oops sorry
I tried posting my question earlier but had some sort of problem.
Any way.
My qusetion is how hard is it to get a tourist visa?
I have known my Gf since Nov 2005 and i have visited her 3 times in last 10 months. We also travelled together to Hong kong in March 07.
i have supplied all the necessary documents etc but i hear it is hard to get a tourist visa.
Does the fact that i have visited her 3 times in Phili make her chances of getting and interview or visa any better?

Thanks
Stew:)

baboyako
3rd May 2007, 23:50
really it's judged on her 'likelyhood to return to the fil".

i.e. does she have a good job, a house, a bank balance?

if the answer is no. then they think she will stay in the uk & not return, so the visa is not granted.

resnic123
4th May 2007, 00:05
Haha
Well she does have a house with her family but quit her job in Dec and of course she has no bank account.
So looks like im screwed.

It sucks cos Vietnam is so much easier.
Why is Phili Visas so hard?
AHHHH!!!

Stew

resnic123
4th May 2007, 00:26
Can anyone please explain why the philippines is one of the hardest to get a tourist visa fo?

My brothers Gf is from Vietnam.
She is currently here for 6 months.
When they applied for her visa he was unemployed and had to use our mum as a sponsor. So he sent all her payslips etc.
She went to the embassy and applied.
The following day had an interview and later that day a decision was made.
She did not have a job or a bank balance.

Why why why is it so different fro the Philippines.
Its so frustrating.

:(

resnic123
4th May 2007, 00:33
Hi everyone.
Does anyone know of anybody who was granted a travel visa?
It seems not.

It looks like i may have wasted my time

:NoNo:

joebloggs
4th May 2007, 02:03
a friend at work, his bestfriend got a girl from vietnam here with no problems on a tourist visa.

i told me friend at work, his friend had little chance of getting her a visa, within a few weeks she was here in the uk :icon_lol:

LadyJ
4th May 2007, 10:47
What baboyako said is true!

If you have a relationship with a filipina you should get her fiance visa instead of tourist. If you have applied her a tourist visa, the ECO will think that she might not go back to Phils specially if she don't have job, savings, property etc left in her country.

Anyway, if she get a refused on her tourist application then apply her a fiance visa next time, I'm sure she will be fine.

Goodluck!

jta
4th May 2007, 12:08
Hi everyone.
Does anyone know of anybody who was granted a travel visa?
It seems not.

It looks like i may have wasted my time

:NoNo:,

hi stew,

im here in uk with tourist visa. its really hard specially if no job, no cash and assets to show them. this is my 2nd time here but good during my 1st application i had a job and was able to get leave of absence and certification from employer prior to my resignation and have savings as well, so visa approved with no interview. But in my 2nd application, they required me for interview because i dont have job anymore and why im coming back here in uk. they asked me loads of questions, so i just telling them the reasons of resigning, etc, etc, and am always consistent with my answers since they asked same question in different phrases.( in sponsor side u should have a specific reasons why u are inviting her, ie. xmas, family event, and why important for her to attend, just make invitation letter with a strong ideas to convince them:D) just let ur GF try and let her open bank accout for the show money:xxgrinning--00xx3: and GOODLUCK!

resnic123
4th May 2007, 14:57
Thanks for your response Jta
My problem is i have already applied for the visa.
My cover letter was just an invite and that is all.
I did not know the embassey required a reason other than a holiday.
It just shows how much i know.
I based it on my friend from work (wife from Thailand) and my Brother (gf from Vietnam).
The process for these countries is hard but not as hard as the Philippines.
It looks like i will have to wait along time before i see her again :(

Thanks again
Stew

scotsfiancee
4th May 2007, 16:53
Stew,

As what baboyako and Lady j says, its all true! She have to proved to the embassy that she will go back to Phils before the visa expired.

How many days now since your application lodge in the embassy?
You can call the ukvacs for the reference no. so u can track the status of your application.

2nd options:

Y not try to apply fiancee visa?

Since You've visited her 3 times in just over 10 months, im sure you have loads of evidence to show to them. Do a research about fiancee visa here in the forum, you will find all the answers to your questions.

:)

resnic123
4th May 2007, 19:52
Thanks Scot
Well its been a couple of weeks since My gf Lodged the application.
She recieved a txt from ukvacs saying that the application was being processed, but im not holding my breath for a positive outcome.
It seems that fiance is my best option.

What a waste of time and money it all was.
Thanks for the advice.
I guess im not gonna see my Gf for a long time :(

Ingat

Stew

scotsfiancee
4th May 2007, 20:18
Thanks Scot
It seems that fiance is my best option.

I would totally say YES u have the biggest chance and to think of your gf will have have a prior 6 months visa. marry her! ( do u have any plans so far?)

What a waste of time and money it all was.
STay calm, wait till u know the outcome of your application

Who knows?! u maybe have a positive result soon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Let us know the result :Hellooo:

resnic123
4th May 2007, 20:35
Will do, thanks :)

resnic123
4th May 2007, 20:54
Another question please.
I was looking at some info on a fiance visa.
Do you have to have a weeding booked or some evidence that you are going to book a wedding before travel?

Stew

scotsfiancee
4th May 2007, 21:36
Another question please.
I was looking at some info on a fiance visa.
Do you have to have a weeding booked or some evidence that you are going to book a wedding before travel?

Stew

If you can managed to get a provisional booking for wedding and reception that states about the time,when and where it will be held that would be much good. Some local registrar here won't let you give provisional booking for wedding as fiancee should be here personally. Just try and explain to your local registrar y u need them. If its not possible for you to get that, you have to write a supporting letter together with your application with the background of your relationship, that u can actually support her,accomodation, also your intentions to marry her here in uk, plans for your wedding, (date,time,and location). Here is a good example of a sponsorship letter http://filipinaroses.com/showpost.php?p=18767&postcount=16

resnic123
4th May 2007, 23:36
Thanks scots.
But this is a real problem for me.
Before all this i had no sudden plans to get married.
Its gone from me getting my gf over for a holiday to making wedding arrangements.
So there HAS to be a plan for a wedding when applying for fiance Visa?

Stew

baboyako
4th May 2007, 23:40
hey, just chill out - you may get lucky with the tourist visa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

resnic123
4th May 2007, 23:44
ok ok :)

resnic123
17th May 2007, 19:04
Hi everyone
I got great news today, my gf was granted her tourist visa. :)
Thank god cos i really wanted her to come over and see what its like her in Uk.
So we didn't have to go throught the whole fiance visa process
Maybe next time

I guess me meeting her 3 times in phili and taking her to Hong Kong once may have gone in my favour.
Who knows but she is coming yippee

Thanks all

Stew

mach
18th May 2007, 10:08
congRatulations stEw :)

resnic123
18th May 2007, 19:46
Thanks Mach :)