PDA

View Full Version : is this true?

Moy
6th July 2011, 20:55
* Home /
* FAQ

Can I have my TV Licence in a joint name?

No. A TV Licence is a legal document and we currently only allow a single name on it. Usually, one TV Licence allows the use of any TV equipment at a property by the licence holder, their family or any person working or visiting there. So there should be no need to have a licence in a joint name.

i wonder how other here sort there tv licensing in joint name (Mr&Mrs) as in websites itself they says you cant have a joint name in license:cwm23::rolleyes:

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/search?q=adding+names

Braveheart
6th July 2011, 20:59
Hi Moy,

My husband tried to arrange for this in joint names before but we were not allowed as well. Same with Virgin Media (provider for our cable, telephone and internet).

Farmerg
6th July 2011, 21:00
If you changed the licence to your name would that help?

Moy
6th July 2011, 21:04
Hi Moy,

My husband tried to arrange for this in joint names before but we were not allowed as well. Same with Virgin Media (provider for our cable, telephone and internet).

hello Braveheart:) im just concern coz i though we could use this doc as well in applying for the ILR..have you use the tv licensing:rolleyes: if i rem you mention it as one of your doc listed in submission for the coming application of ILR:rolleyes: so basically if its not on your name its not not on joint:rolleyes::D either

Moy
6th July 2011, 21:09
If you changed the licence to your name would that help?

hmm thats an option :D thanks for the reply my friend:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Braveheart
6th July 2011, 21:14
Hi Moy,

What we have in joint names are as follows: (1) Tenancy Agreement; (2) Gas/Electric Bill; (3) Joint Bank Account; and (4) Council Tax.

Since we can already satisfy their requirement of 3 sources in joint names, we feel that it is already sufficient. But we are still considering submitting other documents (per list) under separate names.

Just the same, remember that, if you cannot satisfy the 3 sources, you can also provide letters as per their list in separate names for as long as you have the same address.

Have you opened a joint account yet? You just need an identification i.e. passport and proof of billing (for the bank to verify your address). :)

Moy
6th July 2011, 21:24
ah:D thank you for the inf:) and yes soon will have our joint bank account:xxgrinning--00xx3: name sorted